Auburn vs. Mercer Score Prediction

Zeek

• Like 1

48-9 Auburn

I could see our defense have a misalignment in the secondary with it being the first game leading to a short field goal. The other 2 field goals are from the 30+ and in the late 3rd and 4th quarter. 

Between Tank, Ashford, Hunter, and Alston I could see us rushing for 300+ and Jarquez and Tank having a few catches out of the backfield and making plays in space. 

Like most people, I'm interested to see what our passing game looks like. I could see us having 2 receivers around 70 yards, another close to 50, JSS around 60 with a TD, and a couples other get involved here and there. 

HOPEFULLY we see offensive improvement inside the 10. I know the field shrinks, but if we struggle to punch it in that could be a bad sign.

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers

On 8/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, gravejd said:

No idea what to expect from the team to start the season. But i don't think Mercer has the players in the right spots to expose our weak spots. Our DL should give them enough problems up front that our new LBs and secondary guys can get things figured out. And our OL should be able to open a few creases for the RBs to get through. As long as the turnover bug does not bite hard i'm not very worried. 

AU 42 

Mercer 17

Nice!

• Like 1