When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Why does it matter.  We will just hire another incompetent from high school ranks or the lesser conferences so al we will get is another Gus or Bryan.  Does notcspeK well of those incompetent in the Atheltix dept.

And the reason is all the drama AU brings. We’ve not had a good coach since TT. This program is now 4 to 6 years behind everyone. 

Just now, Deutschetiger said:

Warum?

Entschuldegung? Wildcard. Er ist auf diesem Niveau nicht biweisen. 

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

pretty sure those guys get kickbacks from auburn in some form or fashion, I bet they go easy on coach testestorone. I like Vernon Speaks Auburn

The only kickbacks they get are media access.

This is just a total embarrassment. From the losses, to the transfers, to the coaching firings/exodus, to our abysmal recruiting…enough is enough. Not blaming the dude,  but a change is needed asap. This simply isn’t gonna work out. Rip the bandaid off and let’s figure it out once and for all. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You don't get it. This is why people like Harsin get hired. Look at ALL behavior because that gives very clear information. 

Hugh Freeze has given a very explicit picture of who he is.  It is NOT judging him just because I see him for who he is. He is not suited to be a head coach at Auburn. There really should be no debate when he's accurately evaluated.

We can agree to disagree on that. I stated Harsin wasn’t a good fit because I see Boise play a lot being as far west as u can get. I feel Hugh knows what’s needed and can correct his mistakes. Even Kiffen has done some bizarre stuff maybe not as extreme as Freeze but is still a new frequently mentioned.

Edited by e808

19 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Serious question: How long does it take our program to recover?

We have to completely build an offensive line. That will take a minimum of three years, perhaps four.

But it could be reduced via JUCO and Transfer Portal players.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well the exact other way isn’t working out to well for us, so why not? 

The boosters should absolutely have some input into the coaching search. Everyone celebrated leaving them out of the last coaching hire and look where it got us. If theyre expected to write the NIL checks why shouldnt they have a voice in the hiring process? Its counter productive for everyone involved to fight against the people who support the program financially.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hugh Freeze? Terrible person, better football coach than our past two coaches.  The question is can you look over the bad to get the good?

If they can pull it out against Wake Forest, I'll def be pro-Freeze, even if he wouldn't be my first choice.

Edited by AUwent

And why was Kevin Steele going to be such a bad hire??  Serious question.

As much as people are going to hate it AU has to hire someone that the big time boosters want. Period!!  If you don’t believe me. I must ask if you watched the game today?  There is no more recruiting in college football.  It is all NIL!!  So if the boosters aren’t on board. You see what happens.

Heck we just had a Big 10 team come into our house and out manned us at everywhere except 3 positions!! I would take our edge rusher, Defensive end over there’s, and our kicker.  That is it!!  And that is a big 10 team!!  The only was to fix this program is to get money flowing to this players  otherwise they are not coming here.  

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deion Sanders. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hugh Freeze? Terrible person, better football coach than our past two coaches.  The question is can you look over the bad to get the good?

easily. he has kept his nose clean and his program clean for the last several years. bring on the freeze

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

That scenario would be a dream come true.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

He is not getting fired till after the season. However, I don’t trust these goof balls to get the hire right if our AD is any indication 

We need to get an AD in place before we hire a HC. Don’t need to be looking for both at same time. Might as well consider this recruiting class a wash. It already was anyway. Take your time and find the right guy.

• Like 1

So I change my mind:  I don't want him to step down because I didn't see the final score till just a little while ago so I hope his ass gets fired tomorrow or Monday at the latest 41-12 is just embarrassing, Especially after we only lost by a few at their house last year. 

We need an established Power 5 recruiter, preferably with SEC/southeastern experience.

It does not need to be a current head coach. An assistant or coordinator is fine.

• Like 2

Just now, shabby said:

easily. he has kept his nose clean and his program clean for the last several years. bring on the freeze

No. It will be mentioned a million times by the media and it was just too sleazy to overlook. There are better options or at least equal ones without that baggage.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

If u look at all the coaches hard enough u probably will find some things about them all that’s not the greatest. For example if Urban was willing to take the job. Would most have the same stance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meh130 said:

We need an established Power 5 recruiter, preferably with SEC/southeastern experience.

It does not need to be a current head coach. An assistant or coordinator is fine.

I don’t know. We need to finally go after a 5 star coach and land him. A power 5 head coach with a proven resume. We haven’t hired one since Tubbs.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

If we don't quickly change the current trajectory, the better part of a decade at least. 

It will not take as long as we think, but longer than we want. The longer we wait, the bigger the job. 

• Like 1