When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

If they can pull it out against Wake Forest, I'll def be pro-Freeze, even if he wouldn't be my first choice.

Look at winning percentage of Ole Miss last 3 coaches. Surprising numbers to me. Very little difference between Freeze and Kiffin.

Edited by Hank2020

I have been one of the few that was in Harsin Camp. I did think they should have fired him in February because they crippled his already suspect recruiting... but I really thought we had more with this team. I knew we had qb issues. I knew we had ol issues. what the hell happened to the defense?. I think I'm done on Harsin. I should have known when I had to Google his resume when hired that the excitement I got was from o end b glasses. maybe I'll feel different when the alcohol wears off

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think it's time.

We HAVE to get a permanent AD in place first. If the PTB truly wants McGlynn, I don't like it--McKenna, Riggins or Campbell please--but it would still be preferable to making a search with an interim AD.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

And just like that, we became Tennessee football over the past two decades and they became auburn. 

Nah . We just got to get the right dude in. You know how long They have sucked ? They are literally just getting respectable 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

maybe I'll feel different when the alcohol wears off

I doubt it. I haven't had a thing to drink and I concur. 

36 minutes ago, cbo said:

Which is why some of us are entertaining the idea of Deion. He would immediately take us away from "immaterial."

Maybe so, but most likely right into a continued clown look. 

Low key I would make Urban Meyer the highest paid coach first. If he says no then get freeze. Iono about any of these other people. I feel like we need guys who have shown they had success at this level first. This is going to be a major rebuild.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Low key I would make UM the highest paid coach first 

This. Go after him with everything. Just know as a player he may kick you every now and then 

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Harsin dug his own grave. The guy couldn’t even be bothered to travel to Central High to talk to recruits until he was almost canned. He has done nothing but make his job harder since he was hired by being a complete d*ck to the PTB. His coaching staff is a who’s who of Boise lackeys and guys nobody else would take, outside of Caddy and Ethridge. 

I’m not saying the guy was a saint or he didn’t do anything to push things along. However, you bring a man’s family into it and you have a disdain for him before he ever steps off the plane? At some point we have to look in the mirror and go “how can we fix ourselves.” He could’ve played ball better but the only top tier coach I can think of that hasn’t gotten on the bad side of the proverbial “PTB” at their respective school is Dabo. I 100% agree with the Boise lackeys but did we really think Bobo was his choice and a good one? Personal belief is that it was a lack of both sides willing to play ball and that’s probably what made us lose out on better coaches. I think we can right the ship so to speak but it’s going to take a huge group effort from the PTB to get a guy they like, who is good, and let him run the program. Harsin, I think we both agree, is done for.

2 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

You're correct and Bryan would have been 100% OK with a Peterbilt full of cash and the ensuing distance from a program that neither deserves him or wants him...all Truth told.

Eh, not many programs want someone who doesn't recruit. Maybe a position coach for a G5. Maybe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have been one of the few that was in Harsin Camp. I did think they should have fired him in February because they crippled his already suspect recruiting... but I really thought we had more with this team. I knew we had qb issues. I knew we had ol issues. what the hell happened to the defense?. I think I'm done on Harsin. I should have known when I had to Google his resume when hired that the excitement I got was from o end b glasses. maybe I'll feel different when the alcohol wears off

Remember that alcohol is the truth serum, not the BS serum. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Look at winning percentage of Ole Miss last 3 coaches. Surprising numbers to me.

Elaborate? Keep in mind that all but one of his seasons (albeit, the only one they kept was his best) was vacated.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Low key I would make Urban Meyer the highest paid coach first. If he says no then get freeze. Iono about any of these other people. I feel like we need guys who have shown they had success at this level first. This is going to be a major rebuild.

I'm not big on morality in coaching hires. I'm fine with Freeze, Kiffin. 

Urban is too far for me. Because he doesn't care about his players wellbeing. 

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

I generally agree with your hiring criteria, but Deion might be the exception to the rule. He's just different than what we've seen before. 

Maybe he'd be an overcorrection, but we need someone who can recruit. No doubt Deion could do that. Worst case scenario, he doesn't work out as a coach and the next guy inherits a great roster. 

I wouldn’t hate the hire for its recruiting potential. But just following Deion as a person - it will be hard for him to go to a big brand school.

The way I see it, Deion is going to have trouble accepting being smaller than the program he coaches for. He just will. Dude is a superstar and has always been an icon. From the time he was at FSU, to the NFL, to now at JSU, people have bought tickets to see him. He was larger than life. And he feeds into that - one of the greatest sports entertainment figures of all time.

Can a guy like that run a major program where he’s going to have to delegate a lot, face a lot of media scrutiny, and pay the respects that Harsin didn’t? I honestly don’t know. But the blowup over a reporter not calling him “Coach Sanders” last year doesn’t instill confidence that Deion has the necessary amount of humility to coach in the SEC.

And hey, on the other hand, maybe that’s EXACTLY what Auburn does need. A guy who runs the show his way and tells everybody to kiss his ass. But we’ve seen how that can go wrong with CBH.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nah . We just got to get the right dude in. You know how long They have sucked ? They are literally just getting respectable 

I hear you but auburn has never in history been a program to go after a big time dude and get him. ever. I'd say Dion is the only one that is interesting in terms of big time coaches that I've heard but we've all racked our brains and there just isn't a legit coach out there that's going to take this on. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Harsin dug his own grave. The guy couldn’t even be bothered to travel to Central High to talk to recruits until he was almost canned. He has done nothing but make his job harder since he was hired by being a complete d*ck to the PTB. His coaching staff is a who’s who of Boise lackeys and guys nobody else would take, outside of Caddy and Ethridge. 

Thank you!!! That part of the story gets left out most of the time. Harsin is no one's victim here. He just played that card to save face.

• Like 2

Would Harsin go out in a blaze trying to burn down as much as possible? He probably has some legitimate fuel but Id hope the buyout would soften his fall and calm his ego. Don’t know much about the guy though. Not sure if he’d do something like that but I guess it’s possible?  

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm not big on morality in coaching hires. I'm fine with Freeze, Kiffin. 

Urban is too far for me. Because he doesn't care about his players wellbeing. 

Morality? Really? 

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I hear you but auburn has never in history been a program to go after a big time dude and get him. ever. I'd say Dion is the only one that is interesting in terms of big time coaches that I've heard but we've all racked our brains and there just isn't a legit coach out there that's going to take this on. 

I know that’s what scares me?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Show me where Deion hurt you at? 🤣 

Why is everyone so sold on Deion? Explain it. Maybe his name brings in recruits, but what makes anybody think he can coach? I have nothing against him, but I just don’t think he is a coach that would work in a big conference. But maybe everybody but me is a believer. At this point, I can concede that almost anyone would be better than our current staff. AU is great at hiring the wrong people and spending the money to get rid of them. Nobody does that better.