When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

Nein. Uebermensch? Man muss ihm zugutehalten, dass er wie ein .com-Tycoon ist. Wir brauchen einen Fortune-500-CEO.

This is what it’s like to hear Harsin’s recruiting pitch.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

We don’t need an inexperienced showboat like Deion. This program is done for the next 5 plus years. What the last staff left has been further ruined. AU is an immaterial team now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There's been several mentioned here. I'm sure you know that. 

FWIW.....and yes I know it's too late now so you can skip that part....I wanted Josh Heupel instead of Harsin. I was mansplained by the geniuses on this board that he had done nothing  much and and Harsin was the real deal. Harsin was actually just a lot more glittery and flashy looking. Heupel is not that kind of guy. But look who's pulled his team back from the edge of disaster.  He's doing a good job of rebuilding.

Auburn now looks like TN used to look. 

I agree on Heupel.   He seems to have been a good hire for them.  I was surprised that Auburn hired Harsin and truly didn’t know what to expect.   I was willing to give the guy some time to build a team his way but I’m not sure that is going to happen.   By the looks of today, he may have lost the fight from his team.   And that is never good.   Here’s to hoping the team can rebound and get some momentum to carry them through the season.    I really don’t want to see another 2012.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

We don’t need an inexperienced showboat like Deion. This program is done for the next 5 plus years. What the last staff left has been further ruined. AU is an immaterial team now. 

Which is why some of us are entertaining the idea of Deion. He would immediately take us away from "immaterial."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I always love the “hardest schedule” argument. If we were really good, it wouldn’t be the hardest schedule. It’s only the hardest schedule because too many of our opponents are better than us. For once, I’d like to be good enough to make everyone else’s schedule the hardest schedule. 

You have to beat teams at recruiting to be “good enough”. We are years behind in quality depth imo

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sadly you are once again absolutely spot on. But, the silver lining: “Worst Possible Moment”= band name

Has there been an update to the lineup at the Gouge performing arts center? Is Worst Possible Moment performing with Zero Leeway before the season ends?? Can't fire Harsin now: he's coming out with a new breakfast cereal.

Zero_Leeway.png

Harsin_unLucky_Charms.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

FWIW.....and yes I know it's too late now so you can skip that part....I wanted Josh Heupel instead of Harsin. I was mansplained by the geniuses on this board that he had done nothing  much and and Harsin was the real deal. Harsin was actually just a lot more glittery and flashy looking. Heupel is not that kind of guy. But look who's pulled his team back from the edge of disaster.  He's doing a good job of rebuilding.

Who would you want if we do move on from Harsin?

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Show me where Deion hurt you at? 🤣 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Remember before the season when some of the people on here were saying give Harsin time? You guys still want to give him another year? You think he’s the guy to right the ship?

I said give him three years and it’s truly obvious that is no longer warranted. Get rid of the whole staff including ex AU players. This is more pathetic than any team in the last 25 plus years. 

8 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not even joking, Hugh Freeze knows he can beat Bama and knows he's walking into new facilities. He's a southern guy. If we are far enough removed from his transgressions, which I believe we are, he'd take the job in a heartbeat. 

Would be nice BUT you have the good ole Auburn booster problem. Yet another problem with getting a good coach here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Remember before the season when some of the people on here were saying give Harsin time? You guys still want to give him another year? You think he’s the guy to right the ship?

I was one of those. Brand new poster so no record of it. I will say that we have been our own worst enemy on this one. Harsin could have been the guy. We will never know. The February debacle cut into any sort of recruiting big time. Imagine you’re an 18 year old kid. You look at talent like Tank, Hall, and Papoe. You go “hey man I could make a difference at X spot and Auburn could really make a run.” Then all of a sudden the whole program is in turmoil. I’d rather go to a Baylor or Ole Miss where I know I won’t win a Natty but I know I can look good for the NFL. Same with transfers. At this point I think Harsin is tainted goods and we need to stabilize. I think the best way to do that is with a big name. I’d can Harsin after his buyout drops and open the checkbook for Coach Prime. Our only option is to open the checkbook for a coach, staff, and NIL. If we can get the talent the rest can be sorted out later.

In the end, it didn't make any difference....but did anyone else get the feeling Harsin was almost trying to sabotage any momentum with QB changes?  The timing of the substitutions made absolutely no sense.  Yeah...it's time for him to go.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Don’t overreact. The portal can make turnarounds instant with the right guy.

• Like 2

I think that all of us Auburn fans are just numb right now.  We are not used to losing 5 games in a row.  We are not used to struggling against teams like Georgia State and San Jose State.  We are not used to being the last in the SEC in recruiting.  These are uncharted waters for us.  This has all happened under Harsin's watch.  The ship sure does seem to be sinking and I just don't see Harsin being able to fix it.  Do you? 

20 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

My problem with Heupel was that he inherited an undefeated team from Frost and then they regressed under him.

So naturally, Tennessee won more games in just Heupel's first year than Nebraska ever did under Frost.

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This is what it’s like to hear Harsin’s recruiting pitch.

Just about fell out of my chair laughing. Bravo. Bravo, sir! You are (probably) not wrong.

1 minute ago, StuckMic91 said:

I was one of those. Brand new poster so no record of it. I will say that we have been our own worst enemy on this one. Harsin could have been the guy. We will never know. The February debacle cut into any sort of recruiting big time. Imagine you’re an 18 year old kid. You look at talent like Tank, Hall, and Papoe. You go “hey man I could make a difference at X spot and Auburn could really make a run.” Then all of a sudden the whole program is in turmoil. I’d rather go to a Baylor or Ole Miss where I know I won’t win a Natty but I know I can look good for the NFL. Same with transfers. At this point I think Harsin is tainted goods and we need to stabilize. I think the best way to do that is with a big name. I’d can Harsin after his buyout drops and open the checkbook for Coach Prime. Our only option is to open the checkbook for a coach, staff, and NIL. If we can get the talent the rest can be sorted out later.

Harsin dug his own grave. The guy couldn’t even be bothered to travel to Central High to talk to recruits until he was almost canned. He has done nothing but make his job harder since he was hired by being a complete d*ck to the PTB. His coaching staff is a who’s who of Boise lackeys and guys nobody else would take, outside of Caddy and Ethridge. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yeah, just finished the post game show --  I'm not sure what all the rave is about, pretty softball. nice guys tho.

Its mostly the current players interviews, former player interviews, and film breakdowns that I enjoy.  Their reaction podcasts are just that. Fans reacting.

1 minute ago, Tiger Kent said:

I think that all of us Auburn fans are just numb right now.  We are not used to losing 5 games in a row.  We are not used to struggling against teams like Georgia State and San Jose State.  We are not used to being the last in the SEC in recruiting.  These are uncharted waters for us.  This has all happened under Harsin's watch.  The ship sure does seem to be sinking and I just don't see Harsin being able to fix it.  Do you? 

... losing 6 of the last 8, 5 of which mattered.