When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

6 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

I was one of those. Brand new poster so no record of it. I will say that we have been our own worst enemy on this one. Harsin could have been the guy. We will never know. The February debacle cut into any sort of recruiting big time. Imagine you’re an 18 year old kid. You look at talent like Tank, Hall, and Papoe. You go “hey man I could make a difference at X spot and Auburn could really make a run.” Then all of a sudden the whole program is in turmoil. I’d rather go to a Baylor or Ole Miss where I know I won’t win a Natty but I know I can look good for the NFL. Same with transfers. At this point I think Harsin is tainted goods and we need to stabilize. I think the best way to do that is with a big name. I’d can Harsin after his buyout drops and open the checkbook for Coach Prime. Our only option is to open the checkbook for a coach, staff, and NIL. If we can get the talent the rest can be sorted out later.

Some of that February debacle was on Harsin as well. There were legitimate concerns, and it wasn't just an arbitrary tar and feather attempt. 

He was an obvious bad fit almost from his first day at work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I said give him three years and it’s truly obvious that is no longer warranted. Get rid of the whole staff including ex AU players. This is more pathetic than any team in the last 25 plus years. 

Caddy and Etheridge deserve to stick around. They would be just fine under the right coach.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

We wait for Mizzou and LSU. A loss to both, he’s done. An embarrassing loss to LSU he’s done. He loses to Mizzou, he’s done. Win both, he gets to season end. 

My play: We hire a competent AD that’s willing to understand Auburn people (Riggins?) and open the check book to Deon Sanders. 

Respectfully, Deion would be a terrible hire. Auburn always goes for penny-stock coaches - guys who have no real accomplishments but show signs of exponential future growth.

With as much money and brand power as we have, we need a proven, accomplished coach from a P5 school with a good deal of SEC experience. 

No more small school guys or career coordinators.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Respectfully, Deion would be a terrible hire. Auburn always goes for penny-stock coaches - guys who have no real accomplishments but show signs of exponential future growth.

With as much money and brand power as we have, we need a proven, accomplished coach from a P5 school with a good deal of SEC experience. 

No more small school guys or career coordinators.

I generally agree with your hiring criteria, but Deion might be the exception to the rule. He's just different than what we've seen before. 

Maybe he'd be an overcorrection, but we need someone who can recruit. No doubt Deion could do that. Worst case scenario, he doesn't work out as a coach and the next guy inherits a great roster. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Harsin dug his own grave. The guy couldn’t even be bothered to travel to Central High to talk to recruits until he was almost canned. He has done nothing but make his job harder since he was hired by being a complete d*ck to the PTB. His coaching staff is a who’s who of Boise lackeys and guys nobody else would take, outside of Caddy and Ethridge. 

100% know someone who worked for him, and he quit because he said Harsin was all the way an A-hole. Said Harsin came into the program with a big-smoke attitude and treated all staff like plebs. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Definitely respect that about you. 

My thing is... It wasn't Harsin, per say.. I just felt whoever the AU coach was deserved time. Harsin has so many wounds,  some self inflicted, that's it hard to see a way out

• Like 1

No . No stick arounds. Let the new guy get here and bring his own guys in. Auburn truly has nothing but time now to find the right damn guy. I would have to say 99 percent of the fanbase is behind getting rid of CBH. Hard ass, probably would be a good p-90x teacher but he is not ready made for a re-build. 

• Love 1

I think it depends on how the season plays out.

I have seen posts about the bye week between Ole Miss and Arkansas.  We might be 4-3 at that point, which makes a firing unlikely.

I think the MS State game will be the decision point.

1 minute ago, HarsinVOL said:

Heupel was an excellent hire. Blame anyone except Bryan for the shitshow that Auburn is now.

What would you suggest that Auburn do?  Not all blame goes towards Auburn.    I was willing to give him a chance but if you don’t think there is some blame to be placed at his feet… you are sadly mistaken.   Several mistakes have been made.   He hired a coach and fired him 4 games into the year.   He hired a OC that couldn’t even make it to Auburn before quitting.    As an experienced coach, can you not see you need lineman????? And he signed what, one or two.    

Did anyone see that video of Harsin throwing the football at Auburn's practice last week?  He stopped Robby Ashford from throwing the ball just so he could prove that he could throw the ball better than Calzada.  He was like...  my pass was way better than yours Calzada and you are an SEC level QB.  Maybe he is an a-hole.  It didn't sit well with me. 

• Like 1

A lot of Coach talk and no Coach results. He shows no emotion.  How many other Coaches would be allowed to stay after terrible recruiting, lost last 5 games last year. Team looking week in first two warm up games and like this today. Last in Recruiting SEC. He needs to go!

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

No . No stick arounds. Let the new guy get here and bring his own guys in. Auburn truly has nothing but time now to find the right damn guy. I would have to say 99 percent of the fanbase is behind getting rid of CBH. Hard ass, probably would be a good p-90x teacher but he is not ready made for a re-build. 

The new guy should definitely bring in who we wants. But I'd be fine if he assessed Caddy and Etheridge and decided to keep them. 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think it's time.

Man if Zeek says it any thoughts I had to the contrary are gone. I sincerely mean that.

• Like 1

So, if Harsin goes before the end of the season, how many of the Boise gang go with him? Who is designated as interim HC? That would leave both AD and HC open with AD seemingly on a slow track. How do both get filled without further damage to recruiting? Ideally the AD gets hired and then hires the HC. Does the time compression favor making the interim AD permanent. Lots of loose ends…

4 minutes ago, autig90 said:

Yeah Deion has a definite cache - can’t really say that he would be an underwhelming hire. I’d be fine with Freeze as well.

Yes my friend. Everyone jump on the freeze train now while it’s hot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarsinVOL said:

You have given him little support, zero reason to stay and no reason not to milk this until AU gets real, admits their mistake and writes Bryan a HYOOOOGE check.

Reported.

• Haha 1