Hurricane Ian...Its coming

augolf1716

20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Prayers for you . I have a sister in Orlando as well. She won’t leave 

Also praying for all.  

I have lived on the gulf coast for 50 years, been thru all kinds of storms and safely thank the Lord.  The worst was the 1 time when we left....getting back was not a fun thing.  Just hope there is no loss of life.  

27 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Experiencing a hurricane is something I never want to do ever again.

Agree. It sucks. You lose power, you hear things breaking and falling outside, and you hear the wind at 100+ mph for what seams like forever (which is freaky at night)… then when it over cell service does not work and you walk outside and everything is smashed or destroyed. 
Then you wait up to a week for the power to come on (first 2 times only lost power for a few hours and a day or 2). 

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We're staying as long as it doesn't get to a Cat 3 for us in Orlando we stay. We've been thru enough of these but go to be prepared just in case. thanks for asking

Amazing things. Imo prep days are almost a festive holiday type event with neighbor helping neighbor. Good food and drink are never far away. Hate to see anyone have to deal with the devastation after a big one.

Hoping the best for all in harms way. That area not the easiest place to evacuate. 

Please tell you are not headed over to the coast for some surfing while seas are up. Take care.

• Like 1

All good here in Palm Beach … had a few tornadoes touchdown last night about 15 mins away and do some damage.  Prayers for everyone in the cone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe so been thru so many can't keep strange around 1979 or so

Was without power for nearly two months after hurricane Frederick.......man things moved slow in the 70's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We're staying as long as it doesn't get to a Cat 3 for us in Orlando we stay. We've been thru enough of these but go to be prepared just in case. thanks for asking

We are in Dothan, don't mess with the major cats.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well we finally got power back on. Got about 15" of rain never seen so much rain in my life. Wind only got to about 70 to 80 MPH gust were a little worst. All in all we got lucky especially compared to SW Fl coast and barrier islands

Glad to hear it.  15" is a ton of rain. Any flooding?

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lots  and lots of flooding especially in Kissimmee ...Osceola County.

Map of Osceola County

I believe it. Most rain I ever witnessed was during Harvey, 60" fell on my little hometown over three days.  Everyone flooded almost except for a few lucky people. I was very glad to be a poor college student living in a crappy third floor apartment.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

My mom has horror stories of Camille and Frederic, she grew up in Chickasaw, just outside of Mobile. Crazy, every year more people flock to the coast and every year it seems like we have more hurricanes.

• Sad 1