4 assistants fired

gr82b4au

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

Dude, I have no doubt of his superiority to Harsin and his capacity to perform as head coach - at all. Seemed like everyone was suddenly expecting a bounce by subtracting coaching staff. Considering where we are, it's unlikely due to mechanics alone: no fault or disparagement on Caddy. No Auburn fan will do anything Saturday but credit everything good to Caddy and remaining staff, and anything bad to Harsin. Now, I'd be interested to know if he and other loyalists were given some heads-up and were already staging this backup plan. 

Respectfully, it’s not that deep. This is the beginning stages of a process. Most people are just excited Caddy is getting an opportunity. There has been so much doom and gloom . People have something to cheer about.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wait.  What.. Caddy fired them?

Kiesau is lucky if Caddy didn't beat the ever living crap out him on the way out of the building this afternoon for what he's done with Bigsby this year. 

Over/under on carries per game over the next four should be right around 120.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How ******* tasty would it be to win 3 of our next 4 (we ain’t beating bama) and become bowl eligible without the potato gang?

Might be the only time excited for Birmingham Bowl lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He's not going anywhere. 

I don’t think anyone knows that at this point. Not going to hire a great coach and dictate his RB coach.

2 hours ago, VicTree said:

Is Kendall Simmons still around?  What about Cole Cubelic? Is he too busy?  Surely Friend was supposed to be on that list too, right?

Yeah Simmons an Analyst 

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think anyone knows that at this point. Not going to hire a great coach and dictate his RB coach.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be a RB coach, but it's not uncommon for a coach to be held over if it can bridge a gap.

Wasn't that Caddy's situation before?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Wouldn't necessarily have to be a RB coach, but it's not uncommon for a coach to be held over if it can bridge a gap.

Wasn't that Caddy's situation before?

Hopefully making a different hire this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How ******* tasty would it be to win 3 of our next 4 (we ain’t beating bama) and become bowl eligible without the potato gang?

I definitely don't think it'll happen but if we were to win the next three and then give the Turds a fight...they'll def consider promoting Cadillac.

I doubt Caddy fired these people. My guess is Rich did.

This is highly unusual, but it is possible Rich pressed Harsin to can Kiesau earlier in the season and Harsin refused.

but the off the field positions are odd. What difference does another month make?

That tells me there may be more going on here. Perhaps insubordination on these assistants and staffers part, or something worse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I doubt Caddy fired these people. My guess is Rich did.

This is highly unusual, but it is possible Rich pressed Harsin to can Kiesau earlier in the season and Harsin refused.

but the off the field positions are odd. What difference does another month make?

That tells me there may be more going on here. Perhaps insubordination on these assistants and staffers part, or something worse.

Maybe they just figured having the rest of the potato gang around during the transition would be toxic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Why dictate it?  Caddy has earned an interview and evaluation by the next coach.  That said, what coach would want to come to Auburn, and kick off their tenure by firing Caddy?  He recruits, his RBs produce, and he knows the lay of the land.  He is obviously an asset on his own merits, without needing Auburn to demand retaining him as a hiring term.

Bedell went from possible interim to canned. Fabianich is shocking. Figured Schmedding would be the first one let go, but he it looks like he will remain on.

That is crazy. In fact I think it's the craziest news of the day. Dude is staying on when we could have promoted Zac. Must've made friends these past two years

There are enough grad assistants and off-field analysts and so forth to handle the coaching duties. It's not like those guys don't know anything about conducting a practice and getting a group ready to play a game.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

I love that Harsin was fired. I love that Caddy is interim HC. 

ALSO, it's highly unlikely that Caddy fired any of these coaches on his own. 

If I have a point, it's that we shouldn't get too carried away. I've already seen a post or two about how cool it would be if Caddy wins the next 3 and challenges Bama in the IB. 

This is still a terrible roster. Thanks to Harsin. We have about half a coaching staff. Thanks to Harsin. 

I think we should temper expectations and realize the cool thing is that we once again have coaches we can 100% root for. I don't care if Caddy loses 100-0 next week. I will be pulling for him and excited about every little win. Much better than the last few weeks. 

That's how I feel too. People should not go in expecting to win these games but be happy to support a great Auburn man who absolutely deserves this opportunity, no matter how short it is. It's great experience for him and I hope that our new coach will give Caddy an interview.

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't agree with your original posts, because I think we are much better off having a depleted coaching staff vs Harsin and his goofs. 

But of course you are right about all the rest. We are in very bad shape for the rest of the season, for reasons that should be obvious. 

But now you have to deal with the homer's, who claim to be logical, but are also the same people who blindly  supported Harsin. They took it on the chin for a day or two, then went right back to being all-knowing and condescending. It was astonishing. Zero self-reflection. 

I'm not talking about people who are wrong about Harsin, even after all the signs. I'm talking about people who post 50 times every day with the same old BS POV, condescending as hell, because they already know everything. People who get in an argument with a different person every day. 

I know for a fact it's exhausting to many smart, interesting people that have been on this board. So I'm just giving you  a heads up. 

All I was asking is, what are the mechanics for reorganizing for a travel game 5 days away? I’m not setting an expectation for the interim staff. I do not care about the record through end of season. Today is a shift from the quagmire of administrative negotiations and guessing games to a focused operation again. Staff moving around. Different play call duties. That’s interesting. No reporters reporting that - just regurgitating what’s in the rear view mirror.

I see (everywhere) everyone (hyperbole) is at an emotional breaking point and on guard for agendas and offenses under every noun and adjective. That’s a norm, Norm. Too early to shift to talking about the heroics that the staff will now be doing and how. Mea culpa.  Today was a day for burning the effigies and celebrating in the mead halls, or licking wounds. I don’t really track or care who has favored one side or the other or for how long, and don’t cry when someone vents. I’m the furthest from an expert or insider. Ultimately we’re all for Auburn. It’s just a free stream open loop fan board. Thanks for the heads up. It’s alright, Norm.

And I can’t believe you called our board citizens condescending. That’s not nice.

2 hours ago, aubie57 said:

Any thoughts why Schmedding is still hanging around?

Because he seems to fit the profile of what Auburn seems to think is superior coaching.  Schmeddingis a great coach because he is an FCS coach.