* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

It's clear Caddy is playing wide open, aggressive, showing the players he believes in them. 

He's pushing it too far and I haven't liked the 4th down decisions. But I also can't blame him. Not much to lose. 

• Like 8

MSU trying to let us get back in this one. A defensive score would be phenomenal.

Just now, GoAU said:

Love Caddy, I really do.  I get the “the hell with it - go big” attitude, but you need the points.   

hope he is retained on the new staff, but sure isn’t ready to be HC

Sure isnt ready to be HC? I mean, im not saying he should be but that call wasnt THAT bad 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Robby is just too erratic unfortunately.   I want to say put in Holden but Holden is not a mobile QB.  He will get injured before the game is over.  Not worth it.    

I say line up tank at wildcat and flank him with hunter and Alston with a heavy TE package and run the option

Reality is that if we had ANY offense we would be blowing their doors off... this is reminiscent of 2012 with iron boots caudle at QB ... 

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Auburn’s d at least is a bright spot this half 

They are hanging in there, however, Rogers is doing his part also.

Just now, cbo said:

It's clear Caddy is playing wide open, aggressive, showing the players he believes in them. 

He's pushing it too far and I haven't liked the 4th down decisions. But I also can't blame him. Not much to lose. 

Yeah why not go for it? We’re probably not going bowling. What does he have to lose? Put the pressure on them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This team is not that good to be going for two and skipping Fgs now. 

I at least understand the go for 2 but maybe not yet.  Wait till we can get within 8

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

hope he is retained on the new staff, but sure isn’t ready to be HC

Don't disagree, but this team needs spark and some wins. A field goal is points, but we need life to carry through this season. A win against state is big, but we need life regardless so I get it. 

Proud of these guys. No way they belong in this game, but they're fighting. 

• Like 1

What do we have to lose right now. We have to win 2 games to even be bowl eligible and western Kentucky isn’t a given anymore 

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Really? Is Cadillac going to make stupid bonehead decisions in game like Harsin did? 3 so far terrible calls.

He has been a head coach for 1/2 of a game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Yeah why not go for it? We’re probably not going bowling. What does he have to lose? Put the pressure on them. 

And some of the plays could have worked. 

It's not like he's throwing fades on 4th and 1. 

• Like 1

Bottom line and I've said this before Robbie should not be playing but thanks to our great previous coach he is about the only option we have. I mean I feel bad for him since he really is not ready but has been thrown to the wolves, so I know it's frustrating to watch but it's another big thanks to our previous coach that put us in this position...I'm just hoping he can figure some things out and make a few plays...War Eagle!

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

What do we have to lose right now. We have to win 2 games to even be bowl eligible and western Kentucky isn’t a given anymore 

3 games

Although I don't think we can assess him as head coach when it never crossed his mind until 3 days ago.  Not saying he should coach us after the 4 games but this is a perfect time for him to get some on the job training for down the road. 

• Like 1

So we got rid of a coach who was in way over his head for another coach who is in way over his head... WDE. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 11