* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well....he's not 100%. I hate to pile on him too much considering the injury he suffered. It's pretty amazing he's doing as well as he is really. 

We have a freshman who could kick the remainder of the season and still not burn his RS. No reason to keep taking chances with Anders...

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

I think Ashford was probably one of the players most upset by Harsin leaving and might not be all in tonight.  Just looks like he is going through the motions to me.  I could be wrong.  

He should be. He won’t be the QB come next year. There was a reason TJ started ahead of Robby. He has athletic ability but he is just not a QB just as Oregon knew last year. 🙁

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We should request the use of Air Horns and if the SEC refuses, sue them. 😅

Air horn day. I've had it in my mind for years. These cowbells smh. They have an "edge" but only because nobody else does it. If the rest of the conference came up with a noisemaker on msu day, those piece of s*** cowbells would go away forever. Gauranteed

• Like 1

It sure isn’t quite fair the players have to play without ANY experienced leadership. 
There must have really been some bad things going on with most of the Boise coaches got them all except one being fired with Harsin.

I wonder if we as fans will ever know how bad things became.

Sad…wishing for better days.

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Air horn day. I've had it in my mind for years. These cowbells smh. They have an "edge" but only because nobody else does it. If the rest of the conference came up with a noisemaker on msu day, those piece of s*** cowbells would go away forever. Gauranteed

This would be great 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He should be. He won’t be the QB come next year. There was a reason TJ started ahead of Robby. He has athletic ability but he is just not a QB just as Oregon knew last year. 🙁

I have given up trying to assess talent in this team. Based on our coaching and preparation I can’t tell anymore. I had finally been convinced nix couldn’t be a qb too. 

Play calling has been vanilla but that’s to be expected tbh. Not executing simple things that you should be this late in the year

8 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Mizzou saved us from that distinction. 

Today, they goofed on a bad punt snap by Kentucky. Ended up tackling the punter as he was kicking, and giving Kentucky the ball back, allowing them to run out the clock.

TBF, it wasn't a bad play. But it cost them the game. Auburn did the same thing this year, but I can't remember who it was against.

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Play calling has been vanilla but that’s to be expected tbh. Not executing simple things that you should be this late in the year

We're saving all the trick plays for bama. Don't be surprised if we throw in a perfectly-played Whirley Bird ® against them, setting us up for a FG, and avoiding the shut-out. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, msza said:

24-6 at the half. 

Do you take a guaranteed 48-12 final score or an unknown outcome?

I'll take the unknown outcome.

Although, it feels like we're down a lot more than that right now.

What if we do to moo state this half what they did to us last year. Jk. We aren’t good enough for that.  🤣

Edited by Auburn Tiger

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

I'll take the unknown outcome.

Although, it feels like we're down a lot more than that right now.

I agree though it's very tempting to go with a guaranteed 6 more points lol.

My goodness how are we that bad at blocking.  I mean free shots on anyone in space. 

Just now, Tigger1985 said:

Wide open man and Robby throws it in the dirt

It’s getting frustrating for sure.