Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

44 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I know I was roasted the last time I posted the information from the Ole Miss website, but there is a new update this morning that basically says Auburn has Not Offered Lane Kiffin yet- but if we do, he will probably take the offer. That’s pretty much the opposite of what they said a few days ago. 

That must have been a tough pill for Neal McCready to swallow. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I know I was roasted the last time I posted the information from the Ole Miss website, but there is a new update this morning that basically says Auburn has Not Offered Lane Kiffin yet- but if we do, he will probably take the offer. That’s pretty much the opposite of what they said a few days ago. 

One of the problems with being a slut is that your public flirtations with alpha males tends to rock the boat on your beta male marriage. Ole Miss fans gotta be seriously pissed about all this.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

That must have been a tough pill for Neal McCready to swallow. 

Yeah, he spent the last two days saying that Kif was not going to leave, including a recording he did last night. And then something changed this morning and he basically said that if Auburn wants him he is gone. Ouch. 

Not for sure if kiffin is coming or not but talks have been ongoing. If he does there is a good chance a fairly high profile QB committed elsewhere will come with him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. That is par with my source's information. 

Cool.  My source is rock solid.  Just wanted the confirmation.  Thanks.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, DAG said:

I think he was a thought , but based on the tea leaves, he does not seem to be a serious candidate for Auburn. I personally think it is all in for Lane Kiffin. Probably seek out Matt Rhule and another big time coach. If none of that works grab Freeze.

I'd rather make Cadillac permanent than to grab Freeze. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 6

1 hour ago, tigers23 said:

Not for sure if kiffin is coming or not but talks have been ongoing. If he does there is a good chance a fairly high profile QB committed elsewhere will come with him

It almost seems too good to be true. I’m usually a positive person, but I just expect the worst when it comes to Auburn football hires. 

• Sad 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, woodford said:

Would y’all not work for the University of Alabama for 100 million dollars?

Yes, but if I already had 100 million in the bank I would tell them to eat dirt!

• Haha 1

Couple of reports saying Ole Miss has made Lane a new contract offer. one of the quotes i saw said it would make lane one of the 10 highest paid coaches in all of CFB.

10 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Yes, but if I already had 100 million in the bank I would tell them to eat dirt!

I would work for UA for $100 mill.  I would work like Bryan Harsin.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Couple of reports saying Ole Miss has made Lane a new contract offer. one of the quotes i saw said it would make lane one of the 10 highest paid coaches in all of CFB.

Yeah, it appears that Ole Miss is doing everything they can to keep him, including paying him an absurd amount of money. They also started a new NIL collective today.

basically, they have told him whatever he wants they will give him. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yeah, it appears that Ole Miss is doing everything they can to keep him, including paying him an absurd amount of money. They also started a new NIL collective today.

basically, they have told him whatever he wants they will give him. 

I saw something else that stated he was already the 11th highest paid coach in CFB, so really, bumping him to top 10 probably isn't much more. they also still can't give him a contract of more than 4 years.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

100% serious. The kids play hard for him and which parents wouldn't want their kids playing for someone like  Cadillac? Perhaps Freeze's players play hard, but I could see some recruits and parents being suspect. IMO

1 hour ago, AUFiend said:

I saw something else that stated he was already the 11th highest paid coach in CFB, so really, bumping him to top 10 probably isn't much more. they also still can't give him a contract of more than 4 years.

Yup. #11 at 7.25M/yr. They can’t touch AU.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I saw 72/6 offer. Again maybe just someone that knows nothing.

Ole Miss might can pinky promise 6 years, but they can’t offer more than a 4-year contract. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ole Miss might can pinky promise 6 years, but they can’t offer more than a 4-year contract. 

Mentioned something about a rollover contract situation.