Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

Just now, PDub said:

I really would like our next coach, no matter who it is, to stay far away from twitter 

The coach should be able to maintain professionalism on every communication platform, but have fun. The coach has to show some type of humanism ( not sure that’s a word) . There’s a balance 

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Guys, Kiffin is hell of a hire. Yes, he didn’t win last two games but against Arkansas, Ole Miss put up 700+ yards. And then against Miss State, yes the offense was awful in the second half but I chalk that up to distraction. Kiffin’s the most seasoned and experienced of any Coach out there, and this is coming from someone who wants Deion. Kiffin is absolutely a fantastic hire who will elevate our program to higher levels. He’s worth it.

Last 3 actually.  You're working overtime to find the pony here

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Pretty sure it was 4 of the last 5 with the sole win being a 3 point margin over A&M…exact same as Caddy had in his second game ever after being thrown into the fire….

but who’s counting 🤭

30 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Total yards does not win ball games.  They are ranked 94 in the red zone efficiency.  You want an offense that leads total scoring.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

He’s been out recruited by Harsin and Leach…last year he finished 11th in the SEC

It's Ole Miss. He lives in the portal and yet what's his record at Ole Miss doing so? Any of the mentioned candidates will recruit better at Auburn than where they're currently at. Ole Miss not going to win battles with 4 and 5 stars. Auburn can.

33 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I imagine part of the Ole Miss fan base would be glad if he left 

Many of them want him gone… today. Many of them want Deion (me too). 

I want to see if Lane can take this Job and this depleted roster and recruit/build it back quickly. Our team next year may need about 40 new players (45% of the roster). 
We need a big name to recruit. And also recruit. And after that, we need to recruit. Etc, etc…

and we need it by Sunday. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Many of them want him gone… today.

They’re mad today.  But OM fans love Kiffin!

Im convinced he’s our next coach until it’s proven otherwise.   All signs point to that being the case.  Recruiting and the Portal are about to get fun!!!

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
25 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

It's Ole Miss. He lives in the portal and yet what's his record at Ole Miss doing so? Any of the mentioned candidates will recruit better at Auburn than where they're currently at. Ole Miss not going to win battles with 4 and 5 stars. Auburn can.

He got outrecruited by Leach at Miss St. . James Franklin had a higher composite ranking in his final full year of recruiting at Vandy than Lane had at OM last year. 
That excuse doesn’t hold water

Kiffin? :popcorn:

It is late Friday night. Lane is probably crying with his team tonight, eating leftover turkey and sides.

And all those pay site "insiders" ..... Well, maybe they just guessed the day wrong, right? Or are they eating crow for Thanksgiving leftovers?

I dunno. But I never put too much credence in discussion board rumors.

21 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

They’re mad today.  But OM fans love Kiffin!

Im convinced he’s our next coach until it’s proven otherwise.   All signs point to that being the case.  Recruiting and the Portal are about to get fun!!!

Agreed. OM doesn’t want to lose LK and the more this crap dramatic effect drags out, I expect AU to hire Freeze and potentially be good for a year or two and then give him a ridiculous buyout, exactly like they have done with all recent coaches. No damn wonder AU is a laughing stock. I mean, make an argument against what plenty of people, including fans believe. Results go further, but win 9 games at AU one time in your first two years and you’re guaranteed to be handsomely paid and then, all incentive is gone. It’s really stale now and does it really matter who is hired? I mean Caddy, as green as he is, would probably do just as well in the long run, as compared to any of the coaches being mentioned. 

13 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

Something has to be in play. With one person opting out of the portal and an LSU flip to the good guys. Not sure that happens unless somebody knows something, jmo.

I think that everyone needs to just sit on their hands and wait till we see what Cohen is gonna do before we revolt 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

Something has to be in play. With one person opting out of the portal and an LSU flip to the good guys. Not sure that happens unless somebody knows something, jmo.

Agreed. I imagine these recruits were pitched who was coming. I feel like it's a done deal. But a done deal for whom?

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe this hire will be similar to LSU that was totally unexpected 

This . I was thinking the same thing. AU has to go big here. The league is not getting any easier especially with Texas and Oklahoma joining. This hire has to hit the mark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PikesEagle said:

LSU flip to the good guys

Sooo glad you mentioned this!!! Traveling all day and this is the only website and page I checked today so I totally missed this news. Awesome!!!

On 11/25/2022 at 9:00 PM, MustardSeed said:

He got outrecruited by Leach at Miss St. . James Franklin had a higher composite ranking in his final full year of recruiting at Vandy than Lane had at OM last year. 
That excuse doesn’t hold water

Besides when Freeze was at Ole Miss, when was the last time any coach at Ole Miss was able to out recruit the likes of Bama, UGA, LSU, Tenn and Auburn? Ole miss has and will always have limitations. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Besides when Freeze was at Ole Miss, when was the last time any coach at Ole Miss was able to out recruit the likes of Bama, UGA, LSU, Tenn and Auburn? Ole miss has and will always have limitations. 

So MSU with a pirate pretender for a head coach outrecruiting you at OM is normal and should be expected?  🤣. I’m glad LK isn’t our coach. We can move this thread to rivals now

8 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

So MSU with a pirate pretender for a head coach outrecruiting you at OM is normal and should be expected?  🤣. I’m glad LK isn’t our coach. We can move this thread to rivals now

Both programs are pretenders. It's apples to apples. So MSU beating out Ole Miss recruiting really isn't a big deal.  You are right with one thing that it's a mute point now b/c we've moved on. I get some may not like him as a person but let's not act like he wouldn't have been a splash hire for Auburn and it would've made a big impact with our recruiting. Hugh and Deion are in that same category in my opinion so if it's Hugh, I'm not mad. Everyone has their guy that they want. I'm just glad the list of candidates are coaches that have show they can recruit and turn programs around.