* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Offense was not the problem today, quite a surprise to me at least.  The defense fell apart in the 2nd quarter and combine that with 2 turnovers and more false start penalties than I have ever seen in one game and you are going to have one hell of a time winning.  Despite all that Auburn really was still in the game by the start of the 4th quarter.  I think that FG was the wrong call at the start of the 4th, AU should have gone for it.  That would have made it a 2 score game and manageable.  Once the FG was kicked I knew it was all but game over.  Another huge factor was the defense just couldn't get off the field, there is no excuse for all of the 3 and forever's that Alabama converted.  With all that said, Im proud of the effort these last 4 games under Caddy, at least that was there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You are absolutely right on the talent, but you coach them not to false start 8 times 

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

12 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He just lost 😂 

So which undefeated coach is the right fit?

Edited by gctiger

7 minutes ago, Taker said:

So you played ball for Auburn, or D-1, maybe even D-2 Where at? 

I presume since you are an athlete, Good then you understand that "fans" say whatever they want and they are still just that "fans" I learned that after playing 4 years of competitive football at an albeit smaller school but I know what it means to swear, bleed, and sacrifice.  That's why I don't care what a "Fan" such as yourself has to say. I enjoy your passion and all but ease up on your tyrannical mindset of my way or the highway. Everyone has their right to voice their opinion (Just like you). 

Sooooooo. You do you and go be great (another cheesy internet line for you)

First of all, War Eagle my friend. I agree we can have differences. My only point is declaring JABA all the time is hurting Auburn and just not very Auburn-like. Read the creed sometime. And I am no D-1 athlete but could have played either baseball or wrestling at several smaller schools that offered but chose to attend Auburn as a third generation legacy. Two of my kids are fourth.  And two are college athletes. So I know Auburn and athletics thank you for your inquisition.

Look, aside from the back and fourth between two guys on the internet, I know we both love Auburn, I am just personally sick of the JABA crap, it’s bearing being the same as the woke crowd, politics being so volatile, and a lack of positive energy even when we are not successful. Like I said, I chose to support Auburn unconditionally. It is Great to be an Auburn Tiger. War Eagle. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He just lost 😂 

That's ok .. it's not his work at Oregon that has my interest.  It's his SEC pedigree, his defensive prowess, and the great football minds that shaped HIS football mind.  He's in his 1st season, and will need a little time to build his own team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

But I thought everyone said that it’s the coaches fault when teams play bad.  That’s it’s never the players.  Heard that for 5 years now 

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

That's ok .. it's not his work at Oregon that has my interest.  It's his SEC pedigree, his defensive prowess, and the great football minds that shaped HIS football mind.  He's in his 1st season, and will need a little time to build his own team. 

Yep plus he was smart enough to go after Bo Nix and hire Gus’s former assistant as OC! I like it.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Do we really have to get Hugh Freeze? Does my solace after the embarrassment of the last two years have to be Hugh Freeze? 

Unfortunately yes . They will announce  it tomorrow . I mean really who do you think would come to AU at this point. Hugh is the best we will get at this point in time. I would prefer Dion but the decision has been made. He  will be better than Harsin or Gus at least. I’m just not sure he can stay out of trouble . 🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep plus he was smart enough to go after Bo Nix and hire Gus’s former assistant as OC! I like it.

Lanning is going to build a behemoth, IMO.  I'd like him to build it in Auburn!

This will be a tough job. Not only a whole new coaching staff but we will have to field a whole new team as well.I doubt we have a single decent player that doesn’t hit the portal . Maybe Hugh can bring some Liberty players. 🤔

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well there’s several. I’d go with Kenny Dillingham though.

So Lanning gets disqualified for the loss but Dilly gets a pass.  Gotcha!!!😂

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Unfortunately yes . They will announce  it tomorrow . I mean really who do you think would come to AU at this point. Hugh is the best we will get at this point in time. I would prefer Dion but the decision has been made. He C will be better than Harsin or Gus at least. I’m just not sure he can stay out of trouble . 🤔

Freeze hasn't been offered the job.  https://www.si.com/college/auburn/.amp/football/liberty-flames-hugh-freeze-addresses-questions-about-the-auburn-head-coaching-job

39 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Do you really believe that. Hugh wanted this job when Harsin took it. He just hasn’t found a good D1 school that would take him with his baggage. Auburn is at a point where they have to take what they can. 🙁🦅

It would have been sweet to beat those biotches and give Caddy a nice win. Pretty bummed about it. No matter who the coach is Im going to have fond memories of Caddy's time at the helm. He did very well with the cards he was dealt. 

War Eagle

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

But I thought everyone said that it’s the coaches fault when teams play bad.  That’s it’s never the players.  Heard that for 5 years now 

Well, if you have to take time out of your practice in week 13 of the college football season to teach a bunch of athletes how not to false start, you have players that aren't very smart.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Do you really believe that. Hugh wanted this job when Harsin took it. He just hasn’t found a good D1 school that would take him with his baggage. Auburn is at a point where they have to take what they can. 🙁🦅

Are we really in that bad of a position? Really?

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes, I do believe that.  Frankly, I'd rather just keep Caddy on an interim basis until we can hire a coach.

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Well, if you have to take time out of your practice in week 13 of the college football season to teach a bunch of athletes how not to false start, you have players that aren't very smart.

You have players that lack discipline. It has nothing to do with their aptitude.

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

It would have been sweet to beat those biotches and give Caddy a nice win. Pretty bummed about it. No matter who the coach is Im going to have fond memories of Caddy's time at the helm. He did very well with the cards he was dealt. 

War Eagle

Yes he did!

8 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

You have players that lack discipline. It has nothing to do with their aptitude.

What about when Ashford casually strolls out of bounds for a seven yard loss when he could have  just thrown it away on first down? Would you classify that as discipline or aptitude?  Players have to be SMART enough to stay disciplined.

Edited by murpjf88