Those who still support Auburn

DAG

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

me at the iron bowl next year3,699 Single Fan At The Stadium Stock Photos, Pictures ...

At least we will be the first to get SEC championship tickets! Great seats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

LOL.

Doing "The Wave" and the "AUBURN........ TIGERS"  cheer will be a little boring,  but other than that......

This staff assembly will be the most important I can ever remember a HC making at Auburn.

It could go a looooong way to changing minds and the momentum. Cadillac staying is huge. The people that are so anti-HF have to ask if Cadillac would work for a dangerous or immoral man. I don’t think he would.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Gus is a real one for that tweet! Love it!

Bruce Pearl sent out one right after that as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

That’s a class thing to do.

Just a guy sticking up for a friend 

No one ever had a complaint about Gus the man.  He's a great guy.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Welp gotta go dust off my visors I guess. 

But aren't you glad you don't have to wear sweater vests anymore? :)

I want our team to succeed. I’m going to put my support behind our new head coach and give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong. 
Welcome to the loveliest village Coach Freeze!  War Eagle!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Hugh’s Staff:

OC- Bobby Petrino

Qb- Brian Harsin

DC-Jerry Sandusky

LB- Jeremy Pruitt

Don’t know about the rest. But these folks will definitely be on the staff.

Grow up. The worst part of this whole thing has been the immature responses of Auburn’s own “fans”.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Gonna be hard to mix a drink with no one else around. I guess my old self will have to come keep you company.😆

I'll be there with a few others. Like always.   

WDE

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Sign off in here

Want to get your thoughts on who you think Freeze will assemble on his staff.

For sure Caddy. I would like Arnett from MSU if possible as d/c. Who else are we thinking?

IDK - still thinking through the new staff possibilities. 

On Caddy: I think HF will offer him the opportunity to stay on the staff but the role Caddy would have is TBD; not certain he would be RB coach or anything more than a figurehead. Plus, there are 6-12 other former Auburn players on this staff, all presumably to be let go and then only Caddy may remain. I'm wishing all of our current coaches the very best future but starting Tuesday, that best future may be elsewhere, soon. 

• Like 1

Lol. Does everybody who did the let's support the coach thing still feel the same now that it's freeze? 

And now I guess we all understand flaws and stuff now that we aren't talking about other people? Interesting to see. 

I'm interested in the expectations for Freeze

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Systems said:

On Caddy: I think HF will offer him the opportunity to stay on the staff but the role Caddy would have is TBD; not certain he would be RB coach or anything more than a figurehead. Plus, there are 6-12 other former Auburn players on this staff, all presumably to be let go and then only Caddy may remain. I'm wishing all of our current coaches the very best future but starting Tuesday, that best future may be elsewhere, soon. 

I suspect caddy and T.Reed to be here. They need to be here IMO

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I suspect caddy and T.Reed to be here. They need to be here IMO

Eh - I'd let them go make new successes elsewhere so they don't get shoved under the rug by the new staff. Actually think it's more respectful that way. Then, I'd go get Travis Williams a/o Gary Patterson for DC. 

Why T. Reed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Systems said:

Eh - I'd let them go make new successes elsewhere so they don't get shoved under the rug by the new staff. Actually think it's more respectful that way. Then, I'd go get Travis Williams a/o Gary Patterson for DC. 

Why T. Reed?

He and lac have shown to be strong recruiters under the previous regiment. I am weary of letting guys who have great rapport with our players and current local talent. I do understand what you are saying as well too.

• Like 1

It's a hell of a risk to take for....what upside? If you're going to settle, settle safe.  I HOPE Auburn can renovate his rep and bring out the best in him, but we shouldn't have to. 

• Like 1

of course ill support the team. i couldn't give you an example of when i would stop supporting the team. but i think the hire sucks. i hope im wrong.

no idea who for DC but it needs to be a knockout. also need someone for oline that can bring in guys who can play immediately.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

He and lac have shown to be strong recruiters under the previous regiment. I am weary of letting guys who have great rapport with our players and current local talent. I do understand what you are saying as well too.

Coach Freeze needs to call Dameyune Craig, current OC at TAMU and see what can be done to get about 25 of those Aggie/NIL/5-Stars to come this way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Systems said:

Coach Freeze needs to call Dameyune Craig, current OC at TAMU and see what can be done to get about 25 of those Aggie/NIL/5-Stars to come this way. 

For what it is worth, it seems like Coach Craig is quite the polarizing figure here at Auburn.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm interested in the expectations for Freeze

I'll leave your other two questions alone, take a shot at this one...since it seems obvious.

1.  Build a staff that will put a highly competitive team on the field every week.

2. Hold together current commits, add additional talent to the 2023 signing class...particularly OL.

3. Use the transfer portal to add 6-10 quality players, again particularly OL.

4. Get better than average results, with some key "wins" at late signing in February.

5. Beat the traditional rivals regularly.

6. Win the SEC West.  

7.  Win the SEC.

8. Win the CFP.

I don't think moral/ethical behavior will be an expectation....it has to be a given.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Systems said:

Yes, thank goodness we could make room for HF's daughter on the staff.

• Like 1