What’s up with Florida’s QBs?

I_M4_AU

13 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Is Urban back to recruiting for them? 

Maybe, I bet they will hit the portal hard this year for QBs.  Interesting that two of their QBs eliminated themselves in quick order.

• Like 1

He's a freshman. I'd like to see some context here. Actual child p*rn? Feed him to an alligator. If it's from his HS days, then he needs his head examined for being so stupid. If it's the latter, it should not ruin his life imo

• Like 1

Articles I read indicated it was child p&$& he found online and posted to a social media acct. evidently thought it was not wrong if he found it online. No idea what it was or if this is accurate. It was stated in more than one article.  

14 hours ago, woodford said:

He's a freshman. I'd like to see some context here. Actual child p*rn? Feed him to an alligator. If it's from his HS days, then he needs his head examined for being so stupid. If it's the latter, it should not ruin his life imo

9 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Articles I read indicated it was child p&$& he found online and posted to a social media acct. evidently thought it was not wrong if he found it online. No idea what it was or if this is accurate. It was stated in more than one article.  

I think the police would have investigated before moving to an arrest.  I think what is happening now is spin to make it look not as bad for the guy.  We shall see.

• 1 month later...

https://www.walb.com/2023/01/27/albany-state-university-coach-issues-statement-following-controversial-football-recruit/

Albany State University coach issues statement following controversial football recruit offer

Published: Jan. 27, 2023

ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - Albany State University’s (ASU) Head Football Coach Quinn Gray Sr. issued a statement on Jan. 27 apologizing after offering a controversial football recruit a scholarship.

“The consequences of my actions brought pain to our University,” Quinn said in a statement. “I was trying to help a student get back in competition, and in my haste, I did not consider the impact the decision would have on all of you.”

Four-star high school football quarterback, Marcus Stokes, recorded himself singing a rap song in which he used a racial slur. Stokes is considered by some as one of the best football players in the country.

According to CBS Sports, Stokes committed to the University of Florida in July 2022 but the offer was rescinded after the video surfaced.

Stokes, who is white, received an offer from Albany State University, a local HBCU after the video was released.

“Please know that my decision to speak with a student that did not meet your expectations was unacceptable,” Gray said.

“The Ramily embodies the spirit, authenticity, and love forged from the toil of giants before me, Gray said. “My actions caused you to question my commitment to our institution and our ancestors.”

Stokes has also received a Division I offer from Alabama A&M University, a historically Black university, according to his Twitter account.