2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

10 hours ago, e808 said:

Yes , there are about 10 linebackers on the roster. Some we have seen some we haven’t. Some probably need to be coached up. At least half had pretty decent ratings coming out of high school. Like @ellitor stated there will be no more than 2 on the field. Maybe 5 in the mix with 2 probably playing the bulk. Gotta let it play out. A lot can happen between now and the season opener

It shows just how crazy Josh Bynes and Craig Stevens were on our 2010 National Title team. Those 2 played every single snap on defense that season. Both were Linebacker's. Insane. And that was when the defense wasn't allowed to substitute when the offense subbed. 14 games that season and never missed a single snap on defense. DAMN

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Rivals and On3 have us ranked #16 in recruiting but our NIL average is in the $30,000 range. That can be viewed as a good thing because you haven't had to spend nearly as much to get the #16 ranking. 

We must all realize that those NIL figures are the site's estimate of a player's value. It's similar to the star system for recruits. Those dollar figures have nothing to do with how much a player is actually paid. What a player is paid under the NIL is no more public information than your personal salary is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

Where are the LBs????

We have enough currently on the team to patch together a barely adequate group for this coming season. If we don't sign some multi-year guys this time we'll be in a helluva fix in 2024.

Last time I looked, we have eight scholarship LB's on the team and at least one of them is a former walkon. Five will be seniors in '23. Now is the time to re-stock.

Edited by Mikey

We needed O-line, D-line, LB QB, and Edge in the portal. So far we have some of all those positions. We need more but looks really good so far. I did not mention WR as I think it is more want then need but Others may see it as need. So far QB is only piece we have not at least partially addressed. 

I think staff has done really well so far.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We needed O-line, D-line, LB QB, and Edge in the portal. So far we have some of all those positions. We need more but looks really good so far. I did not mention WR as I think it is more want then need but Others may see it as need. So far QB is only piece we have not at least partially addressed. 

I think staff has done really well so far.

We really need the Wake EDGE to get on board before we check that box.  The Vandy kid is more of a SDE and hasn't really ever truly contributed.  He's depth.  The other we've knocked out of the park

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We really need the Wake EDGE to get on board before we check that box.  The Vandy kid is more of a SDE and hasn't really ever truly contributed.  He's depth.  The other we've knocked out of the park

I agree and we still need at least one more LB and a couple more O-line. We have  at least 3 O-Line we might be looking good for Marcellus Johnson, Micah Mazzccua , and Damieon George if we can get any of these it would be great 2 of them would be fantastic and all 3 and we will have hit it out of the park on O-Line. We have had 3 WR's visit we need at least one of them.  Many of these say they won't make final decision till this coming week.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree and we still need at least one more LB and a couple more O-line. We have  at least 3 O-Line we might be looking good for Marcellus Johnson, Micah Mazzccua , and Damieon George if we can get any of these it would be great 2 of them would be fantastic and all 3 and we will have hit it out of the park on O-Line. We have had 3 WR's visit we need at least one of them.  Many of these say they won't make final decision till this coming week.

QB + Edge should be 1a & 1b on our list right now.

If we're truly going to a 2 LB system, we might be OK at LB without anymore.

Agree, we need more OL at a minimum a guard.  Finding a center would be a bonus.

I'd love to get a WR, but I think it's the least of our current needs.  I haven't heard much from the Oregon WR that visited early

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

QB + Edge should be 1a & 1b on our list right now.

If we're truly going to a 2 LB system, we might be OK at LB without anymore.

Agree, we need more OL at a minimum a guard.  Finding a center would be a bonus.

I'd love to get a WR, but I think it's the least of our current needs.  I haven't heard much from the Oregon WR that visited early

and a backup RB. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

and a backup RB. :)

Any left out there.  Might be a post spring addition, but the State kid would have been a nice pick up.  Think we need a co-starter

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Any left out there.  Might be a post spring addition, but the State kid would have been a nice pick up.  Think we need a co-starter

As long as Cobb signs (which I think he will but you never know), we are fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As long as Cobb signs (which I think he will but you never know), we are fine.

He's small.  So is Alston.  We need a body

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He's small.  So is Alston.  We need a body

5’10 195 is not small for a RB IMO. I think he is probably the most ready out of any HS commitments that we have other than Connor Lew and Kevin Faulk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

5’10 195 is not small for a RB IMO.

Claiming to be sub 200 probably means you're already saying you weight more than you really do.  It's pretty small for an SEC back

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

5’10 195 is not small for a RB IMO. I think he is probably the most ready out of any HS commitments that we have other than Connor Lew and Kevin Faulk

That's HUGE! I didn't know he had any eligibility left. 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So in that article on that link. It says he was already signed with AU. Is that correct?  I know there was one guy that was announcing at the AA game, but that had already signed. Was Johnson another one that signed and just wanted to wait to announce?  

I guess really all I’m asking is this a new commit, or one that we already knew about?

3 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

So in that article on that link. It says he was already signed with AU. Is that correct?  I know there was one guy that was announcing at the AA game, but that had already signed. Was Johnson another one that signed and just wanted to wait to announce?  

I guess really all I’m asking is this a new commit, or one that we already knew about?

New commit who has already signed loi 

3 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

I didn't even catch that. So I am not sure if that means he signed back on ESD or if he just signed already after committing. Can a player sign anytime between ESD and NSD? I am not sure on that. I know Scott was the guy every one talked about that had signed but waited to announce.

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

It went public 

• Thanks 1