AU picks up another Big man

autkidd

6'11 240 lb. Boubacar Sylla

3* Link

Rivals has him at their number 17 center

and listed at 7'1 265. Maybe Rivals is more correct.

Either Way a good, Big (no pun intended,,, ok maybe so) pickup for Lebo.

Rivals

That's good that we got a big man. Wonder if he'll be ready to play next year.

That's funny Rev. I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess great minds think alike.

We need somebody that can shoot.

We need somebody that can shoot.

We have Dollard and Prowell. What more do you need?

OK...So we have a Tar Heel signed and a 7' Frenchy commited. What else are we expecting in the overall class and how many total are we looking to sign?

I know of one other that we are after.. A kid out of FL. name Joseph Katuka he is 6'10 and I think around 230 or so. Being recruited by UK and the like.

That's funny Rev. I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess great minds think alike.

I'm not sure if I want to be thinking like you.

I'm not sure if I want to be thinking like you.

Yeah, if you did then I highly doubt you will get into Heaven.

A kid out of FL. name Joseph Katuka he is 6'10 and I think around 230 or so.

6'10" 230? Sounds like a project at that weight. Another 30-40 lbs. will do him good.

I read though just yesterday from the scout forums that his offer had been pulled. Alot of them seem to think maybe Lynch might not be eligible or something along those lines.

• 2 weeks later...

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../041907aab.html

Auburn Basketball Signs 7-Footer Boubacar Sylla

Sylla plans to major in international business at Auburn.

Jeff Lebo

April 19, 2007

AUBURN - Boubacar Sylla, a 7-foot-1, 275-pound center from Paris, France, has signed a national letter of intent to attend Auburn University and play basketball in 2007-08, head coach Jeff Lebo announced Thursday. Sylla played the last two years at Stoneridge Prep in California.

"We think Boubacar has a tremendous body, and he hasn't been playing basketball for a long time," Lebo said. "He has great size and terrific hands. He has a ways to go to get polished, but he is big and physical. At 7 feet, 275 pounds, he has a frame, but he will have an adjustment to make in college. He'll be a better college player than in prep school because of the game and will be able to bang a little bit. He is a good passer and can shoot a 15-foot jumper."

Sylla transferred to Stoneridge Prep prior to the 2005-06 season and averaged 2.4 points and 2.8 rebounds this past season. Possessing a soft shooting touch, the ability to run the floor and a deft passer, he was a soccer goalie before deciding to concentrate on basketball.

Sylla was also recruited by Southern Cal, LSU, St. John's, Baylor and San Diego State and five of his teammates signed college scholarships for next season, including Ibrahima Thomas of Oklahoma State, Mamadou Diarra of USC, Charles Boozer of Iowa State, Howard Little of Valparaiso and Mychel Thompson of Pepperdine.

Sylla, who speaks three languages, plans to major in international business at Auburn.

Auburn's November signee included Tyrell Lynch, a 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward from Niagara Falls, N.Y., who played this year at Laurinburg (N.C.) Prep.

Man, I hope he's good. Maybe he can be the next Mamadou N'diaye. B)

Okay, I gotta' ask. 7'1" 275 lbs. He can run the floor, rebound, shoot the 15' jumper.....

Only 2.4 points and 2.8 rebounds? I'm sure there's a reason but I'm too lazy to research this guy.

Archived