"Fickle" fans?

WarTim

What will be required of OUR new OC for him NOT to be bashed on this board at the end of this season?

Seriously, What would constitute a "Job well done"?

I want to see a balanced run/pass ratio and I want to see Jason "turned loose".....

I feel that he may have been told NOT to run until late in the season.

My 2 cents..................... :au:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's see . .

-NEVER get shut out

-NEVER get held under 10 points

-NEVER give Carnell the ball only 4 times in one half (unless he is a) hurt, or we are up by 30 already)

-Don't go so conservative that we blow the lead (UGA 2002)

-Find a use for the talent in the backfield

-Let Jason run

-Throw downfield

-use the tight end

-make the WR coach DEVELOP the WR's. . if this doesn't happen, make it clear to the HC that they are unhappy with Knox.

-NEVER run an empty backfield shotgun formation inside the opponents 5 yard line and actually throw the ball.

how's that?

Balanced and unpredictable would work for me. Seeing AU in certain formations and knowing what they were going to do drove me crazy last year. But the opposing defenses loved it.

An effective passing game when the defenses stacked the LOS.

Jason using his scrambling and running ability just a little more often.

Carnell and Ronnie both averaging 150 ypg would be fun to watch.

"Job Well Done"

1. at least 8-9 wins

2. have a chance to win the West outright in the final 2 games (UGA & Bama)

3. Utilize a balanced offense and throw the ball down the field more....

4. BE COMPETITIVE IN LOSSES.......

8-9 wins?!?! there is NO excuse for not winning 10 games next year . .they only games that would be forgiveable are UGA and LSU.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, and UT lose a TON.

MSU, bama, and Kentucky shouldn't be an issue

we play NO ONE out of conference

Emotion to win. And to see the offense get progressively better throughout the season. if this new OC can see what is wrong and work on improving it he will be 100% better than what we saw this last year

1.Develop a Backup QB!

2.show different formations

3.Use pro set. This utilizes two of our our backs at once, allowing all backs to get playing time instead of wasting talent on the bench.

4. and overall - Just make the offense "Fun to Watch"

I'd like to see an OC who will scheme to attack our opponent. Establish a game plan, which will exploit a weakness on each individual opponent but must be prepared to adjust in the event "Plan A" fails.

A note of interest...

If you remove the USC and Ga.Tech games and add the average offensive production from our patsy opponents as our third non conference game, we should have a huge increase in our offensive production in 2004. The weaker schedule provides a little more room for error and growth in our new offense. Keeping the same numbers from last season ( excluding Tech & USC ) and adding a third pastsy game will give us around 34 points per game and approx. 430 yards in offense.

:au:

8-9 wins?!?! there is NO excuse for not winning 10 games next year . .they only games that would be forgiveable are UGA and LSU.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, and UT lose a TON.

MSU, bama, and Kentucky shouldn't be an issue

we play NO ONE out of conference

if we loses to UGA and LSU and those are forgiveable, then we are 9-2.........A good year would be to win at LEAST 8-9 games...........Not saying i dont wont to be 11-0, but not so sure that winning 10 games is "set in stone"

All I want at the end of the season is for fans to realize that football coaches and coordinators are not gods and are not perfect. There are 117 teams (at least in NCAA 2004 college football for xbox lol) trying to win the same thing you are, so ya there are going to be a couple of tough games ahead. Just as long as the new coord. is consistent, then I will be a happy camper.

If he can be consistent enough to get points on the board to keep us close every game we have a shot at big things.

A well-organized, competent, run-first offense with great blocking. Keep the ball 37 minutes per game - make 20 points each game.

Mistake free --- as much as possible

Half-time adjustments.

With these three items accomplished, we WILL WIN TEN....

WDE

I heard TT has made his selection and is now reviewing it with Lowder for approval

:D:D:D:D

In case some here don't recognize it, let me spell it out.......I'm kidding!!!

I'd like to see an OC who will scheme to attack our opponent. Establish a game plan, which will exploit a weakness on each individual opponent but must be prepared to adjust in the event "Plan A" fails.

A note of interest...

If you remove the USC and Ga.Tech games and add the average offensive production from our patsy opponents as our third non conference game, we should have a huge increase in our offensive production in 2004. The weaker schedule provides a little more room for error and growth in our new offense. Keeping the same numbers from last season ( excluding Tech & USC ) and adding a third pastsy game will give us around 34 points per game and approx. 430 yards in offense.

I agree with Statiger.

(In case I have not mentioned it in the past, I appreciate your "stats"!)

You are one of a kind, and, I am glad that you are a TIGER ! ! ! ! :D:au:

losing to UGA or LSU is forgiveable, not both.

Not to mention, if we do lose both, we should still go bowling - and possibly the SECCCG.

Keep in mind, as loaded as LSU is, we play them VERY early in the season, at home with either Marcus Randle, or a RS Freshman QB. With the talent that Saban brings in each year, as long as he sticks around, our EASIEST game we will have against LSU over the next 5 years will be 2004's. After that, it will just get harder.

1. CTT to win games in proportion to his salary. (At least 10)

2. Win the West outright (no Co-Champion garbage)

3. Be able to strech the field vertically.

4. Not to be embarrased in losses.

5. Be able to make halftime adjustments.

6. Vary motion so that play direction is not given away 95% of the time.

Not too much to ask.

Go undefeated 3 years in a row. Win every game by at least 4 TDs. Win 3 MNCs. Give me free season tickets. Then repeat. . . over, and over, and over. . . forever.

I'd say that's about the average expectation for the folks on this board. *grin*

Why not ask for some steak and lobster while you are at it?

:D:D:P

Go undefeated 3 years in a row. Win every game by at least 4 TDs. Win 3 MNCs. Give me free season tickets. Then repeat. . . over, and over, and over. . . forever.

I'd say that's about the average expectation for the folks on this board. *grin*

We don't have to repeat it over and over. Just get one third of your little joke once every 25 years and that might help!!! <_<

Archived