Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

I suspect Mathews winds up losing a lot of credibility over this.

I honestly think he is mixed up. Frost will be in Auburn next year unless HE changes his mind. Too talented, to special, to big a guy to give up. Sorry BM just quit. Do you really think he would have committed on natl tv if he didnt talk to the coaching staff first?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect Mathews winds up losing a lot of credibility over this.

I honestly think he is mixed up. Frost will be in Auburn next year unless HE changes his mind. Too talented, to special, to big a guy to give up. Sorry BM just quit. Do you really think he would have committed on natl tv if he didnt talk to the coaching staff first?

Maybe. But that is fixable.

Athlete Kris Frost of North Carolina, who plays wideout and linebacker, chose the Tigers. The problem there, which we learned from Bryan Matthews of AuburnUndercover, is that Auburn apparently isn’t going to accept Frost. The Tigers had offered him, but the offer was rescinded at some point.

So if the offer was rescinded at some point, wouldn't he have known about it? If so, why would he make such a decision on TV?

Well Rivals has removed him from the commitment list and quit running his commitment story FWIW. I Really hope the coaches have this under control.

If you're BM, why do you even make such a bold statement that the coaches won't accept his commitment? You're not CGC or CCL, so even though you THINK you have an inside scoop you're still just an observer of this crazy thing we call recruiting.

Anyway, I'm glad to have you as a part of the Auburn Family, Kris!

Well Rivals has removed him from the commitment list and quit running his commitment story FWIW. I Really hope the coaches have this under control.

Remember, these recruiting gurus rely on what they are told by the kids and their parents as well as gut feelings. The coaches cannot speak about individual recruits to these recruiting guys so they don't know more than Kris's parents as far as his scholly offer is concerned.

Remember, these recruiting gurus rely on what they are told by the kids and their parents as well as gut feelings. The coaches cannot speak about individual recruits to these recruiting guys so they don't know more than Kris's parents as far as his scholly offer is concerned.

The pay-sites have sources inside the program, they are definitely not simply making guesses based off of what recruits and their parents say. Why do you think Jeff Lee from Rivals was horrible on his predictions during the last few years of Tuberville's tenure and then suddenly started nailing predictions that many thought were ridiculous last year under a new coaching staff (Lemonier, Reed, etc)?

The pay-sites have sources inside the program, they are definitely not simply making guesses based off of what recruits and their parents say. Why do you think Jeff Lee from Rivals was horrible on his predictions during the last few years of Tuberville's tenure and then suddenly started nailing predictions that many thought were ridiculous last year under a new coaching staff (Lemonier, Reed, etc)?

Oh yeah I know that the gurus have their sources inside programs. But even the coaches themselves don't know how everything will shake out until the letters come in is all I meant by the gut feelings comment.

I've always wondered where metafour gets his information since he's normally spot on with Auburn recruiting. Are you a recruiting guru in disguise or do you just read a lot of pay-site information. Just curious....

BTW does that make 3 LB commits? Garrett, Frost, and Calloway

Calloway is a RB recruit.

The kid still had an offer or he wouldn't have committed. I trust the coaches know what they're doing. I also trust that Frost, his parents and the coaches know way more than Matthews.

Welcome to the family and WDE, young men.

I have to think our coaches knew about Frost and this is all a miscommunication coming from rivals. If not, man, that is going to reflect so badly on our coaching staff. I just don't see how you turn down a player as good as Frost.

I agree. JL is money with this staff. However, to be fair, JL posted about Frost last night and didn't mentioned a peep about their not being room or AU not being prepared to take a commit.

Are you the same guy from the As the Plains Burn thread on TigerDroppings? We sure do miss you over there. Those retards need someone to keep them in line.

In regards to Frost, I really don't see a scenario where we refuse to take him. If such a scenario does arise, that's going to be embarrassing.

Archived