Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

I just hope we don't follow the Nick Saban plan:

Oversign, then run off the excess... <_<

For the mattter, also glad the rules no longer allow the Bear Bryant plan:

Sign 'em all and leave them riding the bench to keep them from going elsewhere.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no sites have him confirmed. can someone update me?

Read this thread and you'll see why the sites took him down. Thank Brian Matthews for that.

J Lee was on The Opening Drive this morning and stated that the AU coaches asked Frost not to commit on TV but he did anyway. Said Frost was in the AU camp but switched to Michigan. Said everyone, but apparently Frost, knew RichRod was on the way out and he committed anyway. Then when things actually went down in Ann Arbor he decided he wanted back at Auburn. Stated that the coaches are not real happy with him right now and there really isn't a spot for him at this time.

J Lee was on The Opening Drive this morning and stated that the AU coaches asked Frost not to commit on TV but he did anyway. Said Frost was in the AU camp but switched to Michigan. Said everyone, but apparently Frost, knew RichRod was on the way out and he committed anyway. Then when things actually went down in Ann Arbor he decided he wanted back at Auburn. Stated that the coaches are not real happy with him right now and there really isn't a spot for him at this time.

That makes a lot more sense than some of the mushy-gushy, feel good all over stuff I've seen elsewhere. I suppose we'll take him if he agrees to greyshirt, but maybe not even then.

Thanks for the info. I imagine that we will let the chips fall and see if we have a spot left come signing day, but I doubt Frost will wait since he was supposed to be an early enrollee.

I suppose we'll take him if he agrees to greyshirt, but maybe not even then.

If they are offering him a grayshirt there is about a 5% chance of him coming here. A kid of that caliber isn't going to grayshirt.

I suppose we'll take him if he agrees to greyshirt, but maybe not even then.

If they are offering him a grayshirt there is about a 5% chance of him coming here. A kid of that caliber isn't going to grayshirt.

I agree 100%. I've seen some of the more delusional among our Auburn family say that Frost wants to be a Tiger so bad that he'll pass everybody else up and pay his own way to Auburn for a year. Tell 'em they are crazy and you get cussed for being negative. *shrug*

I think "greyshirt" is being confused by some ... Delaying a planned January enrollment does not equate.

No, they are offering him a grayshirt...ie: he'd be paying his own way unless a scholarship happened to open up in this class.

Are we to the point where we are turning away near 5 star players? Really? He's 18 and made a minor error in judgement.

Will Cam and Nick leaving for the NFL free up any scholarships?

It frees up spots on the 85 man roster but does nothing to free up any spots on the 25 limit that we can enroll in this class.

Will Cam and Nick leaving for the NFL free up any scholarships?

It frees up spots on the 85 man roster but does nothing to free up any spots on the 25 limit that we can enroll in this class.

Meta, you're the expert; since we are at 17 commits now - we have 8 slam dunks?

Not sure I'd say "slam dunks" but we stand extremely well with guys like Wright, Florence, Roberson, Fulse. That is 4. We will take one of Crowell, Huggins, or Mason (backup plan to the other two). If we retain Grimes then Westerman is a very strong possibility. Drew has been tight-lipped but IMO we end up signing him. That is 7 with Sigler being a guy who is Auburn bound if we want him (I haven't gotten a good read on just how badly we want him).

I think "greyshirt" is being confused by some ... Delaying a planned January enrollment does not equate.

No, they are offering him a grayshirt...ie: he'd be paying his own way unless a scholarship happened to open up in this class.

Are you saying he only has a greyshirt offer? I did not think that was definitive yet.

Are you saying he only has a greyshirt offer? I did not think that was definitive yet.

Thats what it looks like right now. It looks like he is going to be taking an official to Miami now. Again; this kid isn't grayshirting.

Not sure I'd say "slam dunks" but we stand extremely well with guys like Wright, Florence, Roberson, Fulse. That is 4. We will take one of Crowell, Huggins, or Mason (backup plan to the other two). If we retain Grimes then Westerman is a very strong possibility. Drew has been tight-lipped but IMO we end up signing him. That is 7 with Sigler being a guy who is Auburn bound if we want him (I haven't gotten a good read on just how badly we want him).

Are we still recruiting Marlin Lane? Saw where he isn't in the Clemson camp anymore, but is Auburn still interested?

It might be tough for Lane to get any interest from big schools. He was arrested for possession of marijuana.

I heard that but couldnt find anything other than chatter on message boards about his arrest.

I think it's more of a PR thing at this point. I think getting arrested for that is no worse than a minor posession of alcohol, imo. It happens to lots of high school kids, but unfortunately for those being recruited by major college programs, it doesn't sit well in the PR dept.

I'm all for taking as many good players as possible...I understand where the coaches are coming from if they told him to wait about Michigan, but changed his mind...they have to work on getting the best players they can and since we've been doing so well they probably aren't going to wait on people to make a decision. They really should have an early signing period for football, that way you limit the chances of schools & even student athletes being left hanging after someone makes their decision. I know some kids don't mind the fact that they are offered a scholarship after someone else turns a school down, but it all seems kind of crazy to me, the kid who is waiting might have to pass up other offers hoping a bigger name will not sign with their chosen school...if the big name chooses the school the lesser known was waiting for then the lesser known kid might be left out in the cold since they were waiting on the scholarship from the school that the big name player went to....oh well, hopefully we can clear all of this up and Mr. Frost will end up at Auburn and no one will be left in the cold!

War Eagle!

It would be nice to have him onboard. I question his logic, however. If the reports here are true and the coaches told him to avoid a televised commitment, why on earth would he do it anyway?

I'm sure we end up with room for the kid but he needs to sit tight and quit acting on impulse

Archived