AU RB thoughts...

RunninBack U

I have thought all a long that AU would end up with 3 RBs and that AU would get Blakely or Hart. I said that out of these two backs that I liked Hart better but both are equally fantastic prospects. I am beginning to get a gut feeling that Hart wants in now but I feel AU coaches are fielding a lot of calls from some other options. I would not be surprised that Crowell or someone else is keeping Hart from an announcement. TR and MI certainly didnt do to LSU what our QB and RBs did.

from whats been said, Hart picked Michigan FOR Michigan and not because of Blakely, if we want Hart it seems we better hope RichRod gets fired

Maybe so but you got to admit that you weren't seeing AU and Hart being mentioned until you heard Blakely told our coaches bye. Now Hart is thinking its cold in Michigan and AUs got it...just sayin'  ;)

I have thought all a long that AU would end up with 3 RBs and that AU would get Blakely or Hart. I said that out of these two backs that I liked Hart better but both are equally fantastic prospects. I am beginning to get a gut feeling that Hart wants in now but I feel AU coaches are fielding a lot of calls from some other options. I would not be surprised that Crowell or someone else is keeping Hart from an announcement. TR and MI certainly didnt do to LSU what our QB and RBs did.

You're 'handle' is Runningback U for a reason.

Maybe so but you got to admit that you weren't seeing AU and Hart being mentioned until you heard Blakely told our coaches bye. Now Hart is thinking its cold in Michigan and AUs got it...just sayin'  ;)

hope you are right, i get the nagging feeling we only get 1 RB this year tho

That nagging feeling will only last another 3-4 months!! 

do you plan on leaving us?  :dunno:

do you plan on leaving us?  :dunno:

You laid another egg.  BTW, how big are your eggs, and what color?

Michael Dyer is a true freshman and has 3 years of eligibility left!!!!  I would think that would weigh into recruits decisions more than another high school player.

this big and that color

Cop out!!  You must be hungover; you can do better than that!!  As a matter of fact, I would bet the whole state of Texas has a hangover!!  Bird, what the heck is going on?  Fill us in.

honestly, I hope we take a big back like Allen or Coe (I know that he supposedly moved on) and Abdullah.  I said from the start that I really want this kid because he really wants to be here and I think he would be a great utility slot guy while buying us time until next year to lock down another top back.

honestly, I hope we take a big back like Allen or Coe (I know that he supposedly moved on) and Abdullah.  I said from the start that I really want this kid because he really wants to be here and I think he would be a great utility slot guy while buying us time until next year to lock down another top back.

I've been wanting Abdullah as well! I know he won those MVP awards for a reason. He could be a steal

Auburn isn't going to have any trouble signing as many top notch backs as they want to this year. Yeah, Dyer is a freshman, and OMac is a sophomore, but the offense we run has opening for as many playmakers as we can put on the field, and recruits know that.

Auburn isn't going to have any trouble signing as many top notch backs as they want to this year. Yeah, Dyer is a freshman, and OMac is a sophomore, but the offense we run has opening for as many playmakers as we can put on the field, and recruits know that.

And the fact that we will have just two or three running backs on roster starting next year if we sign none should have an impact when we try to run four each game.

Just the two thoughts; one for each RB we're taking in the 2011 class.

And one more for Quan Bray as the hybrid.  ;D

I see Pops has gotten to you as well; that's a shame. Hybrid/Athlete - they're all the same. Rb's tho - a little different. Take 2.

Just the two thoughts; one for each RB we're taking in the 2011 class.

And one more for Quan Bray as the hybrid.  ;D

I see Pops has gotten to you as well; that's a shame. Hybrid/Athlete - they're all the same. Rb's tho - a little different. Take 2.

No he has not. I see us taking 2 true backs. I just don't want anyone forgetting about Quan Bray.

Just throwing this out there. I've heard some promising things about our recruitment of Isaiah Crowell

I don't know man it could be too little too late.

We never stopped recruiting him.  If I am not mistaken he has been to at least two games in JH this season. 

I have no idea who we get, but we desperately need two quality backs. Yes we have Dyer and OMAC, but really nothing else behind them. I said in another thread....I truly believe that is the hardest position for our coaches to recruit at the moment.

Archived