Our Seniors

au_weagle

For senior day, when each senior got to run out on the field, I really got the full scope of all the fantastic players we are losing. So many guys we will sorely miss next year. It makes it that much more important that we get it done this year. For these guys, that stuck through 08, believed in Chizik throughout 09, and now are reaping the reward.

So let's win it all this year. We need to beat 4 more teams. UGA, Bama, SC/Fla, and probably Oregon. We know Chizik is saying that this is eerily siimilar to 2004. So let's blow out UGA at home, win a tough one in Tuscaloosa, and then the SEC champ game. The only difference will be that we will be playing the number one team in the country in late.

I stood there and dwelled on this also for a short while. My wife asked "Are we even going to have a team left next year?!". I then reminded her and myself of the pure TALENT wr will have coming in to replace the EXPERIENCE. We've had a large number of young guys get some valuable PT this year. We're gonna be fine. We may not win them all, but we will still be very competitive. Hope this helps.

PLUS...we will be playing LSU, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas and Clemson in away games.  Except for having Alabama, that,  my friends, is a tough schedule!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

There will be a drop-off next year (nowhere to go but down), but it's just part of rebuilding.  But I expect we'll be back up in 2012, even trying to replace Cam Newton (if he comes back for 2011).  Our schedules tend to be more favorable in even-numbered years.  No one expected this team to be where they are now - I know I didn't.  But I'm just enjoying this season and knowing that we struck gold when we hired Gene Chizik.  This year is just the beginning.....

I don't think we will have a huge drop off next season despite the losses. Our think the young talent will step into the seniors shoes and keep Auburn among the nation's elite teams. My hopes for a BCS National Title won't be as high next year but I do think we would win at least 10 games.

its not rebuilding anymore its reloading...we will be fine plus look at the other teams around the league....they are all pretty much in the same boat

No doubt next year will be a challenge. Just look across state at what happens when you lose a lot of contributors. I think it would help if Cam came back but I think with the ridiculous schedule we have next year we may go down a bit. On that note I think 2012 we can win the SEC again. Just go to keep recruiting and keep as much of this staff in place as we can

PLUS...we will be playing LSU, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas and Clemson in away games.   Except for having Alabama, that,  my friends, is a tough schedule!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Florida is at JH. We also play USCe on the road.

Archived