Auburn falls to columbus state.

pram92

Ouch.....yeah..gonna be a very long year for Basketball.

but If it makes anyone feel better, Tennessee lost their exh. game tonight also. lol

I suggest everyone have a lot of patience with the team this year.  The cupboard is extremely thin for the new coach, (almost as bad as if the program was starting over from scratch).  Any wins we get are going to be stolen here and there with hard work and hustle.  I give Barbee a pass on this season, as he has been handed a depleted roster.  I think he will get us there.  He is already making inroads at getting us some great players for the future.

War Eagle Coach Barbee!

:wedance:

I went to Columbus State for two years... they have talent over there.

This is a young team that will have to stay together through what looks to be a tough year... Recruiting for the future looks bright and they will recover.

This is obviously going to be a tough season but you have to start somewhere. On a positive note, there should be no expectations or pressure on these guys with little media coverage and scrutinizing of their play. Hopefully this will aid in their development and give a chance for Barbee's system to gain some roots. Also, it will still be fun to take the family to some games in the new arena and enjoy the AU atmosphere. Total rebuilding project, it happens.

I went to Columbus State for eight years or so (no lie so don't laugh) and yes, they are usually loaded with top tier division two talent.  This year, though, is supposed to be a rebuilding year in which they were picked to finish dead last in the Peach Belt. 

I hope they wind up being better that what they're predicted to be but MAN, we looked rough and there's no hiding it.  It wasn't a coaching issue, though, and I can see this team improving game by game.  It will still probably be a long year but Barbee has us headed in the right direction.  Patience, my friends.

I'm gonna be as patient as possible with this team. Its clear the odds are against us and I'll be ecstatic if we can pull a decent year together.

Agreed West... we just have to hang in there. Ill be attending quite a few games.

Archived