Why would...

El_Cid2001

Dan Mullen hug Cam Newton after the MSmooo game if he had ill feelings after Cam's recruitment?  The answer is he WOULDN'T.  I think the things we said about CUM are also true about Mullen.  MSmooo was upset at first about losing Cam in a close recruiting battle.  But as the season went on and Cam turned out to be an absolute beast (more than ANYONE thought) the heat started coming down on Mullen and staff for losing the recruiting battle.  MSmooo boosters now suddenly think they shouldn't lose a recruiting battle with Auburn (they really must think they are UF-west after hiring Mullen....don't get me wrong, he is one heck of a coach, but come on).  This is how the story is coming out in little bits and pieces and now doesn't look anything like the original complaint.  If you're going to leak a story about Auburn paying for Cam, why start with a booster (Bond) talked with another former player and now a quasi agent (Rogers) through two intermediaries to get money for Cam; just to end up with Cam and Cecil asked for money directly from coaches?  It doesn't make sense.  Why not leak the whole story from the beginning?  This entire process is fishy and I think the truth will come out and vindicate Cam and Auburn.  In the process it will burn msu, Mullen and staff (and really taint their careers), and the media outlets. 

:wareagle: 

At this point... we all are probably wondering the same thing.

I guess all we can do is just continue to wait on the facts.

I'll probably fall out of my chair when we actually see a fact associated with all this mess.

At this point... we all are probably wondering the same thing.

I guess all we can do is just continue to wait on the facts.

I'll probably fall out of my chair when we actually see a fact associated with all this mess.

Its hard to believe that any of this even has anything to do with Auburn since it involves so much of the past.

I have a feeling that Auburn will be let off the hook sooner than Moo State and Florida.

This )(*^(*&%(*&% was settled back in January. If there was a problem Cam wouldn't bw playing.

I have a question on that.  If the NCAA was concerned about Cam's eligibility because of something that happened during his recruitment, even if there was nothing implicating AU, would they be required to provide that information to Auburn and tell AU to sit him down?  I think the answer is yes, but I don't know.

I think the answer is yes too. thats why I am pretty certain AU cooperated just like they say they did and this was handled before the season got here. no need to sit him if its alredy been looked into and he was cleared in the offseason.

This )(*^(*&%(*&% was settled back in January. If there was a problem Cam wouldn't bw playing.

I have a question on that.  If the NCAA was concerned about Cam's eligibility because of something that happened during his recruitment, even if there was nothing implicating AU, would they be required to provide that information to Auburn and tell AU to sit him down?  I think the answer is yes, but I don't know.

I would have to agree that the NCAA would have asked him to sit. Just look at Dez Bryant at Okie state last year. He was asked to sit once an issue came up and ultimately was suspended for the remainder of the season.

On that note, if the FBI has really been called in like reported, than I don't see this being as much of an NCAA issue as it is a criminal issue.  The FBI doesn't investigate anything that is not involved with a federal law.  So this would move from a NCAA compliance issue (though that could still be a sub-issue) to a criminal issue (ie., Kenny Rogers).

Archived