And the worst fanbase of the year goes to.....

wareagle0182

I've always been able to handle Georgia folk.  Like Housel says, it's a family dispute.

But as Richt has lost control of his players, it seems to be attracting a different kind of fan, and the long-time folks are either catching the attitude or letting it happen.

Either way, it's not healthy.

Not as bad as Charlie Pell when he was at UF.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been able to handle Georgia folk.  Like Housel says, it's a family dispute.

But as Richt has lost control of his players, it seems to be attracting a different kind of fan, and the long-time folks are either catching the attitude or letting it happen.

Either way, it's not healthy.

My opinion of Georgia fans has changed drastically over the last few years. I was in Auburn for the UGA game in 04, and after getting lost trying to find my sister-in-law's family tailgate (they had to move that year for some reason or other), a couple of friends and I ran into a bunch of Georgia girls that invited us to their tailgate, and we had a great time cutting up there.

But I've run into so much filth that claims UGA loyalties over the last two or three years that they are moving dangerously close to LSU and bammer territory...and that's pretty bad.

I live and work in Georgia, and they look at me like I just swam across the Rio Grande not drove across the Chattahoochee. As far as I am concerned just remove "Bama" hat from filthy, tobacco chewing, uneducated idiots put on "Dawgs" hat- NO DIFFERENCE!

Ask Georgia Tech grads, the state ran media biased for the puppies is no different than Alabama's love affair with the tide.  

If they were worse than the scum from LSU they were bad. I hate LSU with a passion. I hope they get killed by Arky and in their bowl game. After reading different boards this week, I will never, ever pull for another SEC school again! What they are saying about Auburn is disgusting.

:we:

I'd say about 30% of the UGA fans I ran into after the game last night were drunk and belligerent, and I didn't find a single one all day that was friendly. I guess they like to point fingers and say people are dirty, when their own players were doing blatant holding and face mask tackles the whole game and rarely getting called for it. Maybe they were mad that the refs couldn't even help them enough to win the game.

I'd say about 30% of the UGA fans I ran into after the game last night were drunk and belligerent, and I didn't find a single one all day that was friendly. I guess they like to point fingers and say people are dirty, when their own players were doing blatant holding and face mask tackles the whole game and rarely getting called for it. Maybe they were mad that the refs couldn't even help them enough to win the game.

You might be onto something there...

Growing up in Alabama and now living in Buford, GA. My vote goes to UGA as the worst fans in the SEC, and as mentioned most of them have no connection to the school, how soon they forget about AJ, Caleb, and their AD. Richt has lost control as apparent last night, the fans I came in contact before and after the game were calling us thugs, thieves etc. So they get my vote, now back home, Monday will be great.

We were in Section 35 just above the largest part of the UGA crowd and they were absolutely out of line throughout most of the game. We had one dude in front of us that claimed to be A. Murray's uncle and when he went down he was cussing and shouting like crazy and tried start stuff with several Auburn fans. After that, some dude, another dawg fan, came from like twosections over and got up in one of our fans faces and was telling him to shut and to stop causing trouble. They weren't cool people at all. So proud to be an Auburn fan!

I was actually a little embarrassed at our fan base for booing UGA players when they were down. I know most believed they were faking injuries but its still unacceptable. Never boo a guy when he's down. Leave that to Philadelphia Eagle fans who cheer when opposing players are hurt. And actually its a double standard when late in ballgames Cam stays down on the ground after a play for extra time to run off the clock and then jump up smiling. Both fan bases had their share of questionable behavior yesterday.

Guest shirley4au9

^^^^^^i was there, too funny...now.  only time time I really felt worried over crowd control at JHS.

^^^ I was there also. Announcer kept repeating, for your own safety, please stay off the field. Idiots, rushed and sprinklers came on. Soaked "Dogs" and it was sooo cold that night. Had the audacity to complain because some got sick. HAHA!

^^^ I was there also. Announcer kept repeating, for your own safety, please stay off the field. Idiots, rushed and sprinklers came on. Soaked "Dogs" and it was sooo cold that night. Had the audacity to complain because some got sick. HAHA!

Someone said: "Nothing has ever said: "Welcome To Auburn" like those water cannons did."

:laugh::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was at that game in 1986 and it was cold that night. I thought it was hilarious!!

I live in atl and all my friends were talking before the game about how we had no chance because they were on a hot streak and all that bull. I had 5 bets going that were made last week from people who still think they are alive in the east

I was actually a little embarrassed at our fan base for booing UGA players when they were down. I know most believed they were faking injuries but its still unacceptable. Never boo a guy when he's down. Leave that to Philadelphia Eagle fans who cheer when opposing players are hurt. And actually its a double standard when late in ballgames Cam stays down on the ground after a play for extra time to run off the clock and then jump up smiling. Both fan bases had their share of questionable behavior yesterday.

Sorry, but you're wrong about this.  Just because Vern said fans thought he was faking, doesn't mean it's so.  The fans were actually booing, because the injury happened across the field, the guy got up to run to the sidelines, and after getting 3/4 of the way across the field he realized he could stop the clock by laying down.  That is cheap, and that is what they were booing. 

Sorry, but you're wrong about this.  Just because Vern said fans thought he was faking, doesn't mean it's so.  The fans were actually booing, because the injury happened across the field, the guy got up to run to the sidelines, and after getting 3/4 of the way across the field he realized he could stop the clock by laying down.  That is cheap, and that is what they were booing. 

This. It was so obvious he was trying to kill the clock it was shocking. Even the UGA fans were saying get up.

What I said had nothing to do with what Vern said being that I was at the game not watching on TV. Our fans booing UGA players while they were down happened a number of times. The boos were louder than the claps. Regardless of the circumstances, you should never boo a player like that when he's down and being attended to. We have to be better than that.

Having been to all the home games these, here's my ranking of fan bases at games:

worst to best:

South Carolina

Clemson

Georgia

LSU  (very well mannered this year!!!!)

Arkansas

Not ranked due to so few there:

Louisiana-Monroe

Arkansas State

Chattanooga

try living around them 24/7...makes you wanna go to petsmart and buy a leash and some doggy treats

Know exactly how you feel. SO going to enjoy wearing every piece of Auburn gear I own around town for the next week. I always catch dirty looks even when they had their streak. I am sure that I will be loved even more now. Hope the pastor does not mind an Auburn polo at church in the morning.  ;D

I am in Marietta and share your feelings it was fun at home depot Sunday with my big AU logo sweatshirt. 

But it gets worse. I have to spend thanksgiving with my UGA Brother- in- Law  who called to complain about Fairley within five mins of the game ending. My wife in the background yelling WAA WAAA WAAA to him love it. I just told him to put on his big boy pants and send a pair to Coach Richt.

Archived