Anybody know anything about the Thayer Evans post on the Bunker?...

BigBlueWDE

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sent Chris Low of ESPN an e-mail asking if he had heard that computers were seized at Bama.  I'll let you know if he responds.  If not, I know some people in the College Football Dept at ESPN and will see if I get a reaction.

Good. You never know...You could be the guy that gets someone from the national media on it. Like I said, tell them to go prove me wrong.  ;)

I respect what you say and it is only because of your reputation that I give this story any credibility.

That said, if we want the mainstream media in this, we have got to come up with more than "Prove me wrong".

They need to be able to prove the story is right. As I said in another post, I have a relationship with TWO Pulitzer prize winning journalist and another well respected Journalist who is a former AU athlete. If the evidence is provided to them, I can assure you it will run. However, they are not even going to listen to "here is my story, prove me wrong"

I understand there are cases where the sources can't be revealed, but until some evidence is produced, this story will not run in the mainstream media.

I appreciate the confidence. I say prove me wrong because I believe if anybody sets out to do that, I'll be proven right. I was saying that as a bait to the Alabama media. As far as getting someone to run with a story...well you're right, I guess I don't have the cred to be "unnamed source" to a national media member...And I wouldn't give up my source if it did give me cred. So all I know to say is what I said...Prove me wrong.  :laugh:

Mayor I do believe a very high placed and good source has told you (and ST) what you are posting. I just wanted the people on this site to know that if that mainstream media does not report this, it is not because of some great media conspiracy, it is because none of these sources will tell the media that or that no information provided can be verified.

I also know there may be a good reason for the sources not to tell the media, and I respect that.

Why would anybody leave an Assitant AD job for a GA job??? Makes no sense to me. Suspcious...i think so.

Possibly, word got to the new AD about some questionable recruiting and to save JW and MSU embarassment he was allowed to find another position at another school.  

Yea I don't know the difference in pay but it looks suspicious to me that you would leave an Assit A.D. job for ar Graduate Assistant job. Seems to me like a down grade.

GAs don't make minimum wage when you figure how many hours a week they put in. 

Just sent Chris Low of ESPN an e-mail asking if he had heard that computers were seized at Bama.  I'll let you know if he responds.  If not, I know some people in the College Football Dept at ESPN and will see if I get a reaction.

Connecticut Tiger, did you ever get a response?

Well im glad i'm not the only that thinks this is shady Saban at work.

Anyone think that Saban knew about this? While it was going on, he knows about it now obviously...?????

:dunno:

there is now talk among the masses that something could be coming at 11 tonight, so everybody keep your boots on and stay ready to beat back the crap.

Eastern or Central time?  where is the talk coming from?

no idea but i would guess central.  Its just on message boards right now (mainly from other teams) and they are saying Schlabach may have something.  I'm not saying anything is true or is going to happen, just for everybody to stay prepared for more crap to be spewed that is all.  I don't want anybody to be unprepared.

there is now talk among the masses that something could be coming at 11 tonight, so everybody keep your boots on and stay ready to beat back the crap.

Pretty sure the 11 news break is just a rumor started by the people on TD.

How effing stupid is it that they seem to know how, what, and when everything is going to come out but give AU fans crap for saying they are behind the conspiracy? Stupid turds.

Now this W&L person said something was coming out today. This might be it. If not then W&L STFU.

@finebaum

Finebaum Network

Cecil Hurt of Tusc-News tells Finebaum if allegations of Newton are found true,'it would take Auburn decades to recover...'

^^^^^This should tell you at least one source of the info coming out. The taking AU decades to recover line is being pushed by some of the people with "sources".

There is a very good author who was an AU football player in the early 90's...Ace Atkins.  Just read a book by him about the corruption in Phenix city during the early 50's.  Seems like a good guy to investigate and write this BOOK!

Wasn't Thayer Evans the one who broke the whole Cam cheating at UF? If so, the Feds have probably paid him a visit to find out who his source was on that. That may be why he hasn't been writing his daily "Cam bashing" garbage.

Connecticut Tiger, did you ever get a response?

No...I did talk to some people at ESPN and they think nothing good is coming out of this for Auburn, MSU and college football.

Archived