The truth about that crazy tigerdroppings post.

auburn123

DO YOUSELVES A FAVOR AND CONCENTRATE ON SOAKING UP EVERY MINUTE OF THIS SEASON.  IT GOES BY SO INCREDIBLY FAST YOUR A FOOL IF YOU LET THESE IDIOTS DISTRACT YOU FROM YOUR ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE.  THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THESE STUPID BS SLINGERS AND YOUR FALLING FOR IT.  sorry for the caps i just hate to see Au folks being distracted.

I've decided that the best thing to do is to not pay attention to any of this. The NCAA elligibility people have ruled that Cam is elligible to play. The investigation is ongoing. One day it will be completed. I'll guarantee you that even if they do not find any evidence suggesting that Cam new about this stuff, there will be a lot of people who will not drop it. I just don't think it's worth the effort to worry about it anymore.

From what I hear that is just a stupid article, I will read it later when I have more time.  if you want an article like that you don't have to fabricate or pull from message boards.  One should be able to write a good article on the subject by pulling from established history.  I'm sure no body contests what happened with Eric Ramsey.  I also think that no body can contest that there was more than likely a few shady dealing that went on during that time.  What I was told from a player that was on the '93 team (who will remain nameless here) was that he never took any money, but that there was money to be taken from the boosters.  What I was told was that post game, during the walk back to Sewell hall, the players would be greeted by fans and boosters and that a booster would congratulate you on a good game and shake your hand, and when you pulled your hand back there money in it.  The player that relayed this information to me stated that he never took any money but that plenty players around him did.  What I also had heard was that XCTB did not approve of this but did nothing to stop it.  (that I can not confirm) I had also heard that XCTB was only supposed to be a 1-2 year hire, an in-between coach, that we couldn't justify firing after going undefeated.  (think about his resume before the Auburn job, we hired the coach from Samford.)  Of course the fact that our run game got progressively weaker made it easier to get rid of XCTB later in the decade (that and off-the field problems that I don't think need discussion here).  I don't discount for a second the idea that XCTB had soemones hand up his backside during his tenure at Auburn.  I think that is something we might all be able to agree on.  It was always my understanding that XCTT is who really cleaned up our program.  The entire SACS correlation is ridiculous.  I as at Auburn at the time.  If I remember correctly, we werent even placed on probabition afte the initial review which found that Auburn's relationship with it's trustees needed to be re-examined, it was after the then-president decided to challenge the decision that we got placed on probation.  

DO YOUSELVES A FAVOR AND CONCENTRATE ON SOAKING UP EVERY MINUTE OF THIS SEASON.  IT GOES BY SO INCREDIBLY FAST YOUR A FOOL IF YOU LET THESE IDIOTS DISTRACT YOU FROM YOUR ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE.  THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THESE STUPID BS SLINGERS AND YOUR FALLING FOR IT.  sorry for the caps i just hate to see Au folks being distracted.

DITTO.  AUSpider is right.  Bask in the glory of these wins.

I find myself trying to stamp out these fires and it only distracts from the positive of what has happened.

WDE !!!

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it” - Hitler

I think Auburn needs some favorable PR. It's naive to think that all this media hate is having no effect. Hopefully, Auburn has a plan to do something to adress it after the season is over. I'm sure Cam's lawyer does.

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it” - Hitler

Actually Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda for Hitler.

Wow nice. I thought about posting this on tigerdroppings when the burning the plains thing first started but I didn't think they would like it. All they want is more postings about how we cheat...It's not even worth posting on there because you can't change their mind. They want to believe we cheat.

Actually Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda for Hitler.

Wow nice. I thought about posting this on tigerdroppings when the burning the plains thing first started but I didn't think they would like it. All they want is more postings about how we cheat...It's not even worth posting on there because you can't change their mind. They want to believe we cheat.

You should post that on td.  Tell them Goebbels would be proud !

One of my closest friends (UAT grad) sent me this same doc in a 28 page pdf...and all he wants is to perpetuate this crap.

Our O-LINE will push them around and we will run wild on them until they stack the box with 8 or more players.  Then Cam will throw at will.  They cannot stop our "O".

Auburn inside sources have repeatedly said that the FBI has nothing to do with the Cam situation.  Even the lawyers for these guys have said so!  

Douchebag Robert Smith (worst CFB analyst on ESPN bar none) just as recently as Saturday mentioned "when the FBI is involved, the truth will come out" when they were supposed to be talking about Auburn/Oregon. McShay lately has really gained respect with me. I used to hate his guts. Still hate Kiper for the same reasons.

Wow.  In my wildest dreams I never knew AU folks ran such a sophisticated crime syndicate.  No wonder the Red Elephant Club wants to bring AU down; its pure jealousy.

:laugh::thumbsup:

I appreciate all of the thoughtful responses to my original post.  I agree with those who feel that we should all probably let this stuff go and just enjoy the season.  For some reason, that is easier said than done.  Part of it is that fact that this ridiculous tigerdroppings post keeps getting referenced all over the place and accepted uncritically seemingly by a lot of people.  Of course, as others have also pointed out, a lot of our rivals want to believe that we cheat. 

I used to be fascinated by conspiracy theories when I was younger, especially the Kennedy assassination.  However, what I’ve figured out over time is that conspiracies are nearly impossible to carry out because people tend to be very gossipy and less competent than we give them credit for being.  People love to talk, and in this day of instant communication, it is very difficult for anyone to keep a secret.  Wikileaks and Abu Ghraib prison torture are just a couple of examples out of many.  Also, it takes a lot of effort to devise and execute a secret plan flawlessly.  Because of these reasons alone, I have no faith in the Milton McGregor as the Humphrey Bogart character from Casablanca, telling the players to play certain slot machines.  In addition, as someone has pointed out, it would take a lot of people to be involved and risking their careers to execute the secret ATM card plan.  There are going to be disgruntled football players (or for that matter, disgruntled, laid off Colonial or Victory Land employees) out there who would be willing to talk about such plans.

One good point made here that I didn’t emphasize enough in my original post concerns getting rid of Lowder.  The NCAA in 1993 and SAC in 2003-2004 could have completely lowered the boom on Auburn; the former could have given AU the death penalty, while the latter could have denied accreditation (like a death penalty for academics).  If either agency had decided that Lowder had to go, Lowder would have been gone  - no matter how influential he was. 

The truly fanatical conspiracy theorists will believe they are right, no matter the evidence.  If the evidence is very compelling, they will just change the theory to accommodate the evidence.  The perfect example of this is the alien crop circle theory.  After the originators of the crop circles acknowledged what they did and how they did it, and after they demonstrated how they did it at night in a crop field, the theorists simply refined the theory to include "real" crop circles versus the "human made" crop circles. 

I guess my hope is that if we put out a critical response to this viral story, perhaps we could win the hearts and minds of those who don't have a dog in the hunt.  However, it may be best to let the story die without comment.  I'm really not sure, but again, I appreciate some many comments from the Auburn family. 

War Eagle!

i was given a copy of "as the plains burn" 3 weeks ago by a 'bama fan who believed every word he read of it.

it was a crock of crap, as several guys have stated above...

Josh Bynes summed it up best: Truth doesn't sell. Conspiracy theories do (paraphrased).

No one wants to believe the truth over something so movie-like as this TD post. It's clear there was no shooter on the grassy knoll when Kennedy got shot, but it causes us to salivate at the thought of hearing a conspiracy theory come true. People are more willing to believe a Thayer Evans article of unnamed sources who say Cam cheated at UF over the UF academic dept coming out and saying it never happened. It's a lot more "fun" for other fans to believe Cam cheated at UF and that AU is going down in flames than to believe Cam didn't cheat and that AU and Cam are innocent in all this.

The thing we can be glad in knowing is that truth ALWAYS wins out in the end. If Cam and Auburn really are innocent (which all legitimate signs point to yes) then even if it takes a hundred years, truth will win out.

The "truth" about "that crazy td post" is....there is little truth to it.  I still don't understand why we as AU family perpetuate these false stories that undermine the university and our athletic program.  This has been up for over 24 hrs.  I don't think there is any more real value in continuing the discussion.  War Eagle!

Archived