Tiger Mike's integrity questioned

TexasTiger

In an earlier post, Tiger Mike said:

So it seems that the DNC & the Kerry campaign were involved afterall.

He posts the below article, but cuts it off before the sentence stating the Kerry campaign never called him back. I guess that wasn't key to his distorted point.

AUSTIN, Texas - A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush (news - web sites)'s service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry (news - web sites)'s campaign.

Also Saturday, a White House official said Bush has reviewed disputed documents that purport to show he refused orders to take a physical examination in 1972 and did not recall having seen them previously.

The long-running story on Bush's Texas Air National Guard service took an unusual twist when CBS broadcast a report on what it said were the newly discovered records. The authenticity of the documents has come into doubt.

In his first public comment on the CBS documents controversy, the president told The Union Leader of Manchester, N.H., "There are a lot of questions about the documents, and they need to be answered."

The retired Guard official, Bill Burkett, said in an Aug. 21 e-mail to a list of Texas Democrats that after getting through "seven layers of bureaucratic kids" in the Democrat's campaign, he talked with former Georgia Sen. Max Cleland about information that would counter criticism of Kerry's Vietnam War service. The Associated Press obtained a copy of the e-mail Saturday.

"I asked if they wanted to counterattack or ride this to ground and outlast it, not spending any money. (Cleland) said counterattack. So I gave them the information to do it with," Burkett wrote.

Burkett, who lives just outside of Abilene, wrote that no one at the Kerry campaign called him back.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...tions&printer=1

TexasTigers Reading comprehension and intelligence questioned.

"I asked if they wanted to counterattack or ride this to ground and outlast it, not spending any money. (Cleland) said counterattack. So I gave them the information to do it with," Burkett wrote.

Note to TexasTiger: Max Cleland is a part of the Kerry Campaign! Max Cleland is a part of the DNC!

Lie and spin all you want, but the truth of the matter is you support a lying, hypocritical, flip flopping do nothing for 20 years in the senate dufus! That doesn't say much for you as one of his many minions.

TexasTigers Reading comprehension and intelligence questioned.

Note to TexasTiger: Max Cleland is a part of the Kerry Campaign! Max Cleland is a part of the DNC!

Lie and spin all you want, but the truth of the matter is you support a lying, hypocritical, flip flopping do nothing for 20 years in the senate dufus! That doesn't say much for you as one of his many minions.

You're a great Republican. You mislead, distort and spin and when called on it accuse the accuser of doing exactly what you've have done. Karl Rove and Lee Atwater would be so proud.

If you're going to give credence to part of an email to a list serve, at least include the part that says they didn't follow up with him.

The New York Times reported on Saturday that Burkett unsuccessfully offered information and advice to help the campaign of Democrat John Kerry.

Burkett complained in an e-mail newsletter he had difficulty getting through to the people who mattered at the Kerry campaign because he had to "get through seven layers of bureaucratic kids trying to get a job after the election."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=6272040

I guess Burkett wasn't connected enough to get anybody's cell phone number:

He complained that he had to "get through seven layers of bureaucratic kids trying to get a job after the election."

"I talked with Max Cleland," Mr. Burkett continued, referring to the former senator from Georgia who has been supporting Senator John Kerry's Democratic presidential bid.

Alluding to advertisements by a veterans group that deprecates Mr. Kerry's Vietnam service, Mr. Burkett continued, "I asked if they wanted to counterattack or ride this to ground and outlast it, not spending any money. He said counterattack."

"So I gave them the information to do it with," Mr. Burkett wrote. "But none of them have called me back."

Mr. Burkett did not say what information he offered. Earlier this year, he gained attention for saying that in 1998 he saw aides to Gov. George W. Bush of Texas and Guard officials dispose of pieces of Mr. Bush's National Guard record that could prove politically embarrassing. Mr. Bush's aides have denied his account.

"I volunteered to come back out with more," Mr. Burkett wrote.

Mr. Burkett, who was at home on his ranch in Baird, near Abilene, on Friday, declined to comment.

Mr. Cleland said in a telephone interview that Mr. Burkett called him "a couple of weeks ago," as he was out campaigning for Mr. Kerry.

"I couldn't swear to it whether he used the term documents or information," Mr. Cleland said. "It was some kind of stuff, some kind of information he wanted to get to the campaign, or something, regarding Bush's National Guard service. I referred him up to somebody in the campaign."

Mr. Cleland said he received up to 100 calls a week from people with tips and ideas. "He sounded like he had something," Mr. Cleland said. "But of course, in this business, you go around, every friend, everyone around the corner, has some something or other."

Campaign officials said Mr. Cleland had referred Mr. Burkett to someone at the campaign who passed his message on to the research department, where the message was set aside amid the deluge of other calls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/18/politics/campaign/18guard.html?pagewanted=print&position=

Excuse me here Texas but I am going to pull a Clinton and split a hair or two.

The article quoted Burkett and said:

Burkett, who lives just outside of Abilene, wrote that no one at the Kerry campaign called him back.

It does not say they didnt use the info.

It does not say that he is not the source.

It does not say that they did not fax him back.

It does not say that they did not contact him thru snail-mail.

It does not say that they did not contact him by e-mail.

It does not say that they did not fly out there to contact him. (Mapes did fly out and talk with him BTW)

It does not say that he didnt get a telegram.

It does not say he didnt call them.

It does not say he wasnt assigned a closed forum on the DU to communicate on either.

It does not say Someone at CBS didnt call.

It does not say a DNC operative didnt call.

It does not say an attorney for someone didnt call. etc.

You get the picture. It says only that no one at the campaign called him.

Be a lawyer for a second and think of all it doesnt say...

Missing something? ;)

You got me before the post was corrected.

Sorry..

It does not say they didnt use the info.

It does not say that he is not the source.

It does not say that they did not fax him back.

It does not say that they did not contact him thru snail-mail.

It does not say that they did not contact him by e-mail.

It does not say that they did not fly out there to contact him. (Mapes did fly out and talk with him BTW)

It does not say that he didnt get a telegram.

It does not say he didnt call them.

It does not say he wasnt assigned a closed forum on the DU to communicate on either.

You get the picture. It says only that no one at the campaign called him.

Be a lawyer for a second and think of all it doesnt say...

Mapes is a producer for CBS.

Those fine points might have more resonance if this was an interview with Burkett and he was being coy and evasive. It was in email in which he was bragging. And if he was concerned with being careful, he wouldn't have put it on a list serve.

Okay, that's my lawyerly response.

BTW, splitting hairs like Clinton is preferable to lying with gusto like Bush. :D

BTW, splitting hairs like Clinton is preferable to lying with gusto like Bush. :D

Or being a hypocrite like you and Kerry.

You just want to call names like a 4 year old who has been busted, or do you have some facts to back up your name callling?

Archived