Pitchers

I think we might have found our weekend rotation last weekend with the combo of Luckie, Irvin and Varnadore, but where and when we will use Jacobs, Hendrix, Morris and Smith. I know Morris is starting against JSU but what about these other guys. We can't continue to tax Wallen, Ray and Blatt this early in the season.

If Luckie continues to pitch like he has, he will either be pitching the mid-week games or he will be coming out of the bullpen. We can't continue to lose the Friday game and expect to win to straight to win the series. Especially not in this league when every team is above average. I think Luckie coming out of the pen would probably be good for him and the team. If he can give us 1-3 innings of quality work it would be huge for us. It would also take some of the workload off of Wallen and Co.

I've talked with a couple people on the team, and if Morris can pitch well today, they're trying to make him the Friday night guy in a couple of weeks. Which would make the weekend rotation Morris, Irvin, and Varnadore. I think I would like that rotation a lot

Thats our best rotation by pure talent in my opinion.  Hopefully we'll see it from Morris tonight.

I think you're right. JSU is a good test-team for Morris.

I like Morris but we may all be counting our blessing to soon. I know he has been successful to this point but pitching and against mediocre talent and then facing the SEC batters is two completely different stories. I really hope Luckie fixes his issues, but if he doesnt lets not put to much on Morris to be instantly successful,

JSU is a low level sec team, they made a regional last year and seem to have a good team again this year.  Morris who has been impressive through 6 against JSU has made a strong staement to be in the rotation next weekend unless Luckie pitches lights out in Starkville.

Archived