Happy B-Day

stoic-one

Happy birthday brother!!

Thanks guys! I just got back in town yesterday and this is the first chance I have had to get on the board. I had an awesome birthday. I visited the Inner Harbor of Baltimore on Thursday, which was beautiful. I ate lunch at a beautiful waterfront restaurant while I was there. Friday, on my birthday, was when we were in DC, so I did a little sightseeing. We visited the WWII memorial, which was much bigger then then I expected and was really cool. They were doing work around the Washington Monument and putting some new lighting around The Vietnam Memorial Wall, so we did not get to fully experience those landmarks. Then, on Saturday, we drove to Annapolis and watched the Navy/Vandy game. That was an awesome thing to watch all those swabbies march into the stadium. Heck, it was not as hard as I thought it would be to pull for those squid-heads. However, there was alot of "Beat Army" shirts and banners around, so I had to be a good guest and hold my tongue. If any of you guys ever have a chance to see an Army or Navy game, I would highly suggest you do it. Because no matter how much spirit you think we have at :au: on gameday, it pales in comparison to the atmosphere at the Academies on game day. I actually bought "Navy Football" and "Navy Baseball" shirts. I just hope none of my Army pals ever see me wearing them. My wife's uncle topped off the visit by sending me home with a "Beat Army" hat. I did not go as far as to wear it, but it is a souvenier nonetheless. :lol:

As my wife now reminds me, I am officially a "thirtysomething". <_<

Archived