Auburn vs Ole Miss Game 2

I don't know who "everyone" is, but I don't think anybody here ever gave up on this team. Anybody who follows baseball knows that it's a game of streaks a lot of the time. The trick is to get hot when it's important, and try to stay there long enough to get into post season play. I hope we can do that again this season.

I don't know if people gave up on them but there was a period when they were having problems..and I'm not just talking about the W-L results.    Saw a number of articles indicating that Coach P had some "conversations" and  made some changes to help get them focused.  Seems like he got things pulled together and they are playing better though the errors drive me wild. 

Otherwise, I have to wonder if the team takes the mid-week games seriously.  Granted that some of the lesser known teams are pretty good but the loses are probably going to affect our seeding at the end of the season.  When the pundits show the list of our "bad losses" it's the those games that are going to affect who and where we play post-season.

Lineup for tonight.  Changes from last night, Hargett and Wacker in for Alvord and Beisner

1. Andrews LF

2. Wacker DH

3. McElroy SS

4. Caldwell C

5. Gamache 3B

6. Simpson CF

7. Patterson 1B

8. Fradejas RF

9. Hargett 2B

Won't be posting updates, Ill be busy tonight, pull em through guys.

I don't know who "everyone" is, but I don't think anybody here ever gave up on this team. Anybody who follows baseball knows that it's a game of streaks a lot of the time. The trick is to get hot when it's important, and try to stay there long enough to get into post season play. I hope we can do that again this season.

My bad, I tend to exaggerate every now and then. I didn't mean everyone, but I just got frustrated with how some people were counting us out because of two sweeps. that stuff just happens in this sport

Andrews - HBP

Wacker - tries to bunt andrews over but fails and Andrews thrown out

McElroy - struck out swinging

Caldwell - single

Gamache - walk

Simpson - strikes out

Bases loaded and 2 out and we can't get a clutch hit.... Same old story....

Patterson - HBP R

Fradejas - fly out

Hargett - single R

Andrews - single RBI

Wacker - ground out to first but gets RBI

McElroy - BB

Caldwell - ground out

tied game up! 2-2 to the top 3rd

So top 3rd is when disaster struck. They scored 4 runs 3 of em from a homerun. Auburn did nothing in bottom 3rd. Ole Miss added two more on a double in top 4th. Now in bot 4th with black bears 8 tigers 2

Archived