2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

If you think about it logically, the recruiting area that will be temporarily effected the most, is the offensive skill positions. Not the OL, not the Defense. Not to worry, we are going to end up with a great OC and the recruits too.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Arik Armsteads Twitter...

AUChristians Auburn Christians

Hey @arikarmstead if you're a real Christian and you want all the good women, you'll commit to Auburn #GodThing

People should not tweet to recruits, I don't think it is a good idea.

It's a bama fan. He knows what he's doing.

Report it to Twitter as spam.  They will take care of it.

Hiring the right OC is more important than any recruit we have on the board...there, I said it.   :o

^^This^^  We can win lot of games with we have if a right coordinator is hired...

The problem with this line of thinking is that it is assuming that whomever we hire as OC (or DC or RB coach etc) is so much better of a coach than our competition's that we can afford to not be competitive on the recruiting trail.  It is not reasonable to believe and frankly delusional to believe our coaching staff is head and shoulders above our competition in the SEC.  Us finishing out of the Top 10 while our competition is in the Top 5 is not being competitive on the recruiting trail and we cannot be consistently competitive if we recruit outside of the Top 10 while our main rivals are recruiting Top 5.  Unfortunately, that is reality.

Don't get me wrong.  It is more important that we hire a quality OC versus just making a hire just for the sake of hiring someone, but to dismiss falling behind in recruiting as no big deal is a mistake.

wde

So Ricardo is gone to FSU now??

verbal, only thing that counts is a signed LOI and/or enrollment in classes then it is a done deal. Since RL is from FL might have been some pressure to stay in state. It ain't over until it is over.

I get that but I'm kinda on the same page with Dye - I understand there's time left, and we're in the mix for strong people. But you have to wonder the message it sends to the ones we're still gunning for to see current commits turning back on their verbals...

The problem with this line of thinking is that it is assuming that whomever we hire as OC (or DC or RB coach etc) is so much better of a coach than our competition's that we can afford to not be competitive on the recruiting trail.  It is not reasonable to believe and frankly delusional to believe our coaching staff is head and shoulders above our competition in the SEC.  Us finishing out of the Top 10 while our competition is in the Top 5 is not being competitive on the recruiting trail and we cannot be consistently competitive if we recruit outside of the Top 10 while our main rivals are recruiting Top 5.  Unfortunately, that is reality.

wde

I agree.  The coaches have been competitive in recruiting the last two years.  If Auburn can not consistently recruit in the top and our competition does then Auburn will not compete on the field on a consistent basis.   However, with the ability to backcount a strong recruiting year in 2013 can help overcome a fair haul in 2012.

Well I say we don't hire an OC sense its not affecting recruiting

And you know this is why RL changed his commitment?   :dunno:

I think that is the most reasonable explanation out there. It also doesn't hurt FSU that they have a former Auburn player leading their recruiting.

I'm not a sky is falling guy but I can't help but believe it is hurting us to not have named an OC. I would like to see us make the hire really soon. I still believe we will make a big splash on NSD. But with that said short term it is hurting us.

Hey @arikarmstead if you're a real Christian and you want all the good women, you'll commit to Auburn #GodThing

And tweeting recuits can be considered an NCAA violation...even our compliance department has said it is best not to tweet a recruit.

And tweeting recuits can be considered an NCAA violation...even our compliance department has said it is best not to tweet a recruit.

Well it needs to be reported...because people are spreading the bammers page like wildfire!!

Well I say we don't hire an OC sense its not affecting recruiting

And you know this is why RL changed his commitment?   :dunno:

I think that is the most reasonable explanation out there. It also doesn't hurt FSU that they have a former Auburn player leading their recruiting.

That makes it sting even more. We're also going head to head with them on some other big names.

I reported AUChristians but it looks like there are a lot of AU ppl following him (Zeke Pike, Caudle) as well as Bammers.

Regardless of affiliation, dude seems an idiot.

I reported AUChristians but it looks like there are a lot of AU ppl following him (Zeke Pike, Caudle) as well as Bammers.

Regardless of affiliation, dude seems an idiot.

the reason they are following is his name is misleading...everyone needs to report this page.

Hiring the right OC is more important than any recruit we have on the board...there, I said it.   :o

^^This^^  We can win lot of games with we have if a right coordinator is hired...

Don't get me wrong.  It is more important that we hire a quality OC versus just making a hire just for the sake of hiring someone, but to dismiss falling behind in recruiting as no big deal is a mistake.

wde

I agree with you, I am not a fan of losing a recruit either but look at this way coach Chizik would be even more concerned than us if a potential recruit flips to other school, inspite of that he is being silent implies either he is waiting on someone or he could not do anything about it right now. .........So if he cannot do anything about it right now we certainly can't do anything by worrying.....

but to dismiss falling behind in recruiting as no big deal is a mistake

^^ other than that what can we do right now by worrying over someone?

So Ricardo is gone to FSU now??

verbal, only thing that counts is a signed LOI and/or enrollment in classes then it is a done deal. Since RL is from FL might have been some pressure to stay in state. It ain't over until it is over.

It's pretty much over with RLouis.

Strictly my opinion, but I think our coaches should focus their energy on getting the remainder of the 5*'s on the big board, if they can snag all of them, we will be golden on NSD.

Good for him and good luck.  Hope he has the success he is hoping for.

I find it amusing that many of us get up in arms about someone "flipping" a commit when they have not signed any documentation committing them to anything.  I am more upset that I have not come up with the idea of tracking information of young athletes and report online what is happening with these prospective student athletes for money.

Being in sales, I get excited about getting a verbal agreement.  I also know that it doesn't mean a damn thing until I get a signed purchase order which will come on Feb. 1.  Until then, it's just all loud noise.

That being said, I am as addicted as everyone else to see what happens in the next hour.

Very good post. The NCAA needs to stop this circus and the NSD Circus, and all the people who profit it from it.

I wish they would make a rule that you could not offer a kid until XYZ date and then once offered, the kid could sign and it would be binding on both. However, I would give the recruit a 72 hour escape clause to back out after signing, but after he backs out, he can no longer sign with that school (that would eliminate high pressure tactics during on campus and in home visits)

Also, make the signing date back so far that schools would be taking a huge chance by offering guys before their senior season.

This whole "verbal commitment" thing needs to go away. There is no real reason for a recruit to make a public commitment prior to NSD, even if he is 100% sure where he is going. I mean the school can always back out on him, so all he is doing is obligating himself and putting his good name at risk for no real benefit to him. If he wants to commit, make a private commitment to the school.

Sorry, got off track, only wanted to say I agree with au1n04 above.

Good for him and good luck.  Hope he has the success he is hoping for.

I find it amusing that many of us get up in arms about someone "flipping" a commit when they have not signed any documentation committing them to anything.  I am more upset that I have not come up with the idea of tracking information of young athletes and report online what is happening with these prospective student athletes for money.

Being in sales, I get excited about getting a verbal agreement.  I also know that it doesn't mean a damn thing until I get a signed purchase order which will come on Feb. 1.  Until then, it's just all loud noise.

That being said, I am as addicted as everyone else to see what happens in the next hour.

Very good post. The NCAA needs to stop this circus and the NSD Circus, and all the people who profit it from it.

I wish they would make a rule that you could not offer a kid until XYZ date and then once offered, the kid could sign and it would be binding on both. However, I would give the recruit a 72 hour escape clause to back out after signing, but after he backs out, he can no longer sign with that school (that would eliminate high pressure tactics during on campus and in home visits)

Also, make the signing date back so far that schools would be taking a huge chance by offering guys before their senior season.

This whole "verbal commitment" thing needs to go away. There is no real reason for a recruit to make a public commitment prior to NSD, even if he is 100% sure where he is going. I mean the school can always back out on him, so all he is doing is obligating himself and putting his good name at risk for no real benefit to him. If he wants to commit, make a private commitment to the school.

Sorry, got off track, only wanted to say I agree with au1n04 above.

Actually the way it is set up with signed LOI starting on NSD, or starting classes in January, does that.  They just need to do away with the verbal commitment and the recruiting services, that is what makes a circus out of it.

wde

Good post.  We of all people should know how important it is to consistantly bring in recruiting classes that rank at or above our biggest rivals.  IMO, we simply have to finish in the top 5 in the SEC every year.  you've got to bring in talent on the same level as lsu/uat/fla/uga every year, and you can't allow the other schools to pass you up. It's hard to get an advantage in this conference with all of the great coaches and facilities.  You goota at least stay equal with them, cause it takes nearly a miracle to pass them.

I'd LOVE to have the new OC hire out there on the recruiting trail this week, like BVG is doing right now.  Let the prosepcts know where AU is headed and what our goals are and let them know how AU needs them in the fold to reach those goals for the future.

Archived