2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

That's tough ...but as its been said many times .. the oc is more important and I'm firmly behind chizik.good luck to RL ..no problems here

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now it is definitely hurting not having an OC and I hope that is all that is what is ailing us.  The C. Mckinzey(sp) situation worries me much more than this because we do have a new, very good DC.   We will see what happens NSD; however, if our recruiting class does not improve rapidly and we continue to lose commits, then I will be on record as saying I believe (I have no knowledge) something else is going on (like losing some of our better recruiters) beyond just replacing the OC and DC.

wde

This Bammer doesnt help either... he is posing as an AU Site on Twitter....This Bammer post on our recruits wall all the time. I also just wanted to tick everyone off as you read his post.

https://twitter.com/#!/AUChristians

AUChristians Auburn Christians

Ricardo Louis, like TJ Yelton, is a LIAR and a NONCHRISTIAN

Here is the latest one...

I have no doubt Florida State paid Ricardo Louis, but our christian girls will take care of our recruits this weekend! #GodThing

10 minutes ago

elsewhere on this board it has been discussed about willimas, nero, mckinzy ... doesnt sound like those three are going anywhere regardless of whether they take visits or are considered "soft verbals" because of those visits.  seems like those 3 are solid.

i hate losing r. louis, but if that gets us patterson then that is a step in the positive ... btw, i dont see us signing 25 anyways.  i would rather shoot for the moon with some of these studs ... get who we get and if we sign less than 25 so be it.  we wont lose enough guys next year to sign 25 ... so aim high

Agreex1000

fyi- As of this morning, now changed to a soft verbal on Scout. tifwiw

Scout lists a recruit as "soft verbal" whenever a commit takes visits elsewhere.  So, that is nothing new.

RL has always had second thoughts about his commitment to AU IMO.  I think with AU not having an OC in place gives him a good excuse to leave, and get back closer to home.  He would have went to Miami, but fear of probation steered him to AU.  Also, RL really hit it off with Trooper.  They formed a tight relationship.  I honestly don't think having an OC in place right now would even make him stay committed.   

No, it's not a hard and fast rule at all . You can even track other schools' commits that visit us and see that its not. Interviews with the commit and insiders talking off the record have more to do with it. The scouting services know that all these recruits take the recruiting process, provided in the OV, for the free opportunity that it is.   

As of right now, its not that the sky is falling. The fact is that we don't have a lot of positive momentum heading into signing day.  We have ten spots left and a lot of big names on the board, but do we really land all of the big names that have been discussed on this message board?  If we do, great. If not it does not look good from a PR standpoint.  That being said I do trust that the coaches have a plan.  Makes for a very entertaining signing day.  

On Jaquay Williams Twitter Wall...

Auburn Christians

#ohshit #GodThing RT @JaQuayWilliams: Like Coach Troop say "if it's free take 3" lmao!!

16 Jan

Hiring the right OC is more important than any recruit we have on the board...there, I said it.   :o

^^This^^  We can win lot of games with we have if a right coordinator is hired...

On Arik Armsteads Twitter...

Hey @arikarmstead if you're a real Christian and you want all the good women, you'll commit to Auburn #GodThing

I'm not with the sky falling crowd, but neither is my glass half full at the moment.  We've flat-out lost two of our star recruits in the past few weeks.  There's no turning Yeldon and Louis into good news.  We have some major commits who are taking visits. 

The good news is that the kids we're competing for are the best kids around.  Now doubt about that.  But none of them are in the fold.  Miller is good news -- but only because LSU screwed up.  Right now, there's more bad news than good news.  A lot more bad than good.

The OC opening is clearly hurting us.  I'm not criticizing Coach Chizik on this; we cannot know what he knows.  But it's silly to deny that we're getting hurt there.

I'm ready for some more good news.  WDE. 

I'm not with the sky falling crowd, but neither is my glass half full at the moment.  We've flat-out lost two of our star recruits in the past few weeks.  There's no turning Yeldon and Louis into good news.  We have some major commits who are taking visits. 

The good news is that the kids we're competing for are the best kids around.  Now doubt about that.  But none of them are in the fold.  Miller is good news -- but only because LSU screwed up.  Right now, there's more bad news than good news.  A lot more bad than good.

The OC opening is clearly hurting us.  I'm not criticizing Coach Chizik on this; we cannot know what he knows.  But it's silly to deny that we're getting hurt there.

I'm ready for some more good news.  WDE. 

Well said,  I am also concerned  Auburn is either going to have a small class or end up raiding smaller schools for  players.

So Ricardo is gone to FSU now??

verbal, only thing that counts is a signed LOI and/or enrollment in classes then it is a done deal. Since RL is from FL might have been some pressure to stay in state. It ain't over until it is over.

Hey @arikarmstead if you're a real Christian and you want all the good women, you'll commit to Auburn #GodThing

People should not tweet to recruits, I don't think it is a good idea.

It's a bama fan. He knows what he's doing.

Hence why the guy is doing it.

Archived