2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

Can we please stop writing of kids before they make their final decision? especially ones committed to Auburn! Reading that mess makes me want to hurl. It's rediculous!!!!

That's why I asked the question above.  He says he's committed.  Ok, some other kids have said that and turned around on us, but most kids who commit stay.  Moreover, I can cut him some slack for being "open."  He has no idea, so far as we know, what kind of offense he'll be asked to plug into at Auburn or whether the people recruiting him will be at Auburn and be happy.

Now, if there's something obvious about him moving on, I'd like to know.  I just don't know what makes it obvious.

He also has no idea what penalties Miami is facing or if the coaching staff will stay intact once those penalties are handed down.  There's much less of the unknown at AU. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm still COMMITTED but I've still got my options open," he said. "I'm still open."

That is the single dumbest thing I have ever read...

Well it's said every year by a number of recruits.

You're spot on but the very sight of it makes me want to laugh & scream at the same time. The word "commitment" is a joke to these kids. It just jumps out at me when it's an Auburn "commit". :-\

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think it's also a two-way street.  What does it say about a coach when these kids

think they've got an offer and accept that offer under the assumption that they'll be on the team next fall but then they get asked to grayshirt?  Obviously, we benefitted by that with Patrick Miller. 

He wasn't asked to greyshirt.

I'm just speaking generally about how the recruiting game works.  Ricardo's actions and statements take place within the context of a larger recruiting atmosphere where a person's (recruit AND coach) words don't always prove to be true.  I'm not condoning not keeping your word and I'm saying that our coaches renege on their commitment, but it's tough to put too much stock into what your told in the recruiting process.

Can we please stop writing of kids before they make their final decision? especially ones committed to Auburn! Reading that mess makes me want to hurl. It's rediculous!!!!

1000% agree - we continue to see instances like this where, at NSD, they still choose the hat of the team they are committed to. Some just decide later that they want to do a selection press conference afterall and you have to have some drama to have one of those (i.e. at least a little bit in the air regarding who you are going to choose)

Until I hear otherwise, that is what I am assuming in this case. War Eagle Ricardo. Have your fun and then come on home!!

:we:

I truly hope he stays with us because he is an unbelievable talent. Besides Miami and I don't know why he would want to go there with all their current issues. Does anyone know who else he is looking at? Is Saban gonna cut another player to try and add him or what? If he stays with us great! War Eagle, Louis but if he doesn't want to be a part of something special like Auburn University the good luck to him. We don't need/want anyone who isn't ALL IN.

I truly hope he stays with us because he is an unbelievable talent. Besides Miami and I don't know why he would want to go there with all their current issues. Does anyone know who else he is looking at? Is Saban gonna cut another player to try and add him or what? If he stays with us great! War Eagle, Louis but if he doesn't want to be a part of something special like Auburn University the good luck to him. We don't need/want anyone who isn't ALL IN.

Not Miami. FSU is the team to be concerned with...as is the case with 8 or 9 of our other prospects.

So, I'm confused and been out of the Louis loop....has he decommited or just shifted to a soft verbal?

So, I'm confused and been out of the Louis loop....has he decommited or just shifted to a soft verbal?

Anytime you say you are open and are going to pick between 3 schools on NSD, I would say that you are not committed. Just my opinion.

Anytime you say you are open and are going to pick between 3 schools on NSD, I would say that you are not committed. Just my opinion.

Hmmm, ok....thanks!

I hope we can pull Louis back in....but I've been more excited by J.Williams than RL.

Maybe he's worried about the potential of us getting Patterson or Diggs.

They ALL just playin tha 'cruitin game now.

Trying their best to get all the attention their hearts desire.  They know once they sign on the dotted line, all the fame will be gone 'til they produce on the football field.  So they're soaking it up while they can.  Such is the world of college football recruiting. :rolleyes:

Trying their best to get all the attention their hearts desire.  They know once they sign on the dotted line, all the fame will be gone 'til they produce on the football field.  So they're soaking it up while they can.  Such is the world of college football recruiting. :rolleyes:

Sooooooo True! I can't blame 'em I would enjoy my time in the limelight. They are 18 afterall.

You hit nail on head Keesler. :bow:

In a Rivals report he stated that ( when Auburn Fired there O C )  and he dont know what kind of O they are going to run now.( Fired)........ sounds like he is tryig to pull something to me. I say send him on to F St.

i'm sure it's being characterized that way by the opposition.  Most 18 year olds could never understand why someone would take a job for less money...even a HC job back in his home state.  The more I watch recruiting, the more concerned I become about the US education system.  :(

In a Rivals report he stated that ( when Auburn Fired there O C )  and he dont know what kind of O they are going to run now.( Fired)........ sounds like he is tryig to pull something to me. I say send him on to F St.

I think you are reading to much into the word usage my friend

I think you are reading to much into the word usage my friend

Yeah, quite. Louis is almost certainly coming to Auburn, and he's going to be a threat. I imagine he might redshirt to get up to speed, or he might play special teams and get in for a few plays on offense, but he's going to make an impact in the next few years.

Could this be a sign that AU is going to sign a couple of big WRs on the board (I would assume Diggs and Patterson) and that could be making him look elsewhere/explore options? 

Archived