Gabe, Kiehl, Kris, and Erique

AUBigCat

I'm really glad to see the leadership in these guys. I was consernd about that due to our loss of so many seniors.I can put all the leadership worries to rest,these guys have got that on lock.I can't wait to watch to watch them in action. WAR EAGLE. :)

Great interview and as noted, interesting dynamics among the players.  Frost looks to be a future Captain...and did you notice the arms on that kid....looks like a LB to me.  I was surprised by how little Kiehl had to say but Gabe and Frost were amazingly poised for their ages.

Best part of this (Part 2) IMO...

GW on what KFrazier had told him:

"He's not here to REPLACE Cam Newton.... he's here to ERASE Cam Newton!"

KFrazier's response (in a joking manner):

"Ya heard?! Nah, I just want them to build a STATUE for me too!"  :thumbsup:

And later on, when asked what they're message to AU fans would be KFrazier gives GW's message for him...

"Gabe's message to AU fans would be to forget about Nick Fairley, but keep your #90 jerseys b/c you're gonna need them again in the future!"

But then when asked about what they all hope to accomplish, EF gives a VERY mature answer, and then KFrazier talks about what CTT always says to them...

KFrazier: "What did we come to win?"

GW, KFrost, and EF (all together): "Championships!"

Then, GW in response to the pundits who say that AU will be a .500 team this season:

"6 & 6? C'mon man! 6 & 6? Who are we? Tennessee?"  :thumbsup: (Pretty interesting statement, considering that UT was his other "finalist" with AU!

Also, as I said and someone else already said, I thought that EF seemed to be a VERY deep/mature guy. When asked what he would say to other recruits about AU, his response was...

"It's whatever you make it. If you want it to be a pain, then it's a pain. But if you want to get better and it you want to be successful in life, then it's definitely the place to be!

And lastly, KFrost! This kid has the attitude not of an 18-yr old in-coming freshman, but of one of the AU COACHES!  :o He has ALREADY taken the freshman defensive class aside and had a meeting with them to tell them what he expected out of them during their time at AU! He pointed out things like "doing the right things ON and OFF of the field... IN the classroom and OUT"... and also how he expects them "ALL to be leaders"... and how "football is a privelege" that they "get to do" and they are "blessed by God to be able to do"... and how they all "cherish their abilities and the fact that they get to play for AU in JHS"!

And later he says his message to AU fans is...

"Let's make that stadium down the street the LOUDEST stadium in the country! And when I say just stand behind us, and we'll get you there like we (AU) did last year, then I PROMISE we will get you there like we did last year!"

All of this makes me VERY proud to call these young men FAMILY, and PROUD of the AU coaches for recruiting them!

:we:

Thanks DJ I couldn't watch it on my phone!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the sitdown conversations (six of them) with these freshman and I do believe we are going to be just fine this year.  From what I heard these freshman are hungry and they will not accept medocrity.  They want to be the best and nothing less.  Their mindset is to encourage and push the other freshman around them to be better and train harder.  That's what I like to hear. In the interview they spoke as mature adults not 17 & 18 year olds just getting to the campus.  IMO, these four and other freshman are going to push the older guys like none before becuase they really want to play. If some of the older gusy don't get it together they maybe watching the game from th esideline. Haha! After watching those interviews I can hardly wait until football season.  This is going to be an exciting and electricfying team.  War Eagle!

I had been thinking Robinson was going to be the one OL to challenge for early playing time this fall.  He is going to push Fariyike at the #2 spot behind Sullen.

Just watched all six of these and I am very impressed with these four, if they are representative of the entire class, this is going to be a very special group of players. I am very excited to see these guys on the field and representing the team. When they are behind the mic in the future at press conferences, etc. they will make AU proud, very well spoken and very intense about being Auburn men and players.

Archived