2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

JHokanson's tweet "2013 LB commit Trey Johnson encouraged by former Tigers' DC to stick with Auburn." I'm assuming it's Roof. Classy move.

That is another reason why it was good for things to work out the way they did with Roof simply transitioning to another school rather than going through an embarrassing firing. I always thought Roof seemed like a good guy but things just didn't click at Auburn. Anyway, very classy move.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that was the first time I had seen any video on this guy. He blows up blockers and heaven forbid if you have the ball. I hope this young man sticks with his commitment.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw a tweet earlier saying that Penn State (Roof's new home) has offered Trey.

If so, I would be highly upset, considering he initially told Trey he wanted him to stick with Auburn when he went to UCF.  :banghead:

:believe:

Just saw a tweet earlier saying that Penn State (Roof's new home) has offered Trey.

If so, I would be highly upset, considering he initially told Trey he wanted him to stick with Auburn when he went to UCF.   :banghead:

It's recruiting. Don't take it personally. The Penn St. Offer is to be expected.

If so, I would be highly upset, considering he initially told Trey he wanted him to stick with Auburn when he went to UCF.   :banghead:

It's recruiting. Don't take it personally. The Penn St. Offer is to be expected.

Yeah, I feel ya....it just seems a bit 2-faced from Roof to see PSU offer him when Roof said what he had said going to UCF. That's all

PSU = LB U

Truth Bird.....I know their history at that position. And I know Trey would be pretty silly not to at least look at them, especially with Coach Roof there along with keeping their LB Coach, Vanderlinden. Great teachers at that position.

would you let your son go to penn state right now?

I would let my son make his own decision whereever he wants to go.

generally, i would agree with you.  i would even let my kids go to the turds if they really wanted to.  but no way would i let my child (18 yo or not) go to psu on an athletic scholly until they clean that place with clorox.

generally, i would agree with you.  i would even let my kids go to the turds if they really wanted to.  but no way would i let my child (18 yo or not) go to psu on an athletic scholly until they clean that place with clorox.

More like Nuke it!  Make me sick to my stomach thinking about the child molestation and the cover up!

I thought they did.

The thing about a coach leaving and then recruiting players to his new school....  Roof probably recruited every good defensive player over about six states -- six of the best talent states, for that matter.  So when he moves, he's supposed to limit his work only to players he hasn't contacted?

I don't have a problem here.  It's his job to recruit the best kids.  The one gray area might be that this particular kid has already made a commitment, but even that's fuzzy.

I think its a bit rediculous these kids get recruited and commit so early in the first place. As far as the PSU scandal stuff.......the creep is gone and its not like the whole staff/school is a bunch of child rapists. I feel sorry for the stigma that will no doubt haunt that school. I want him in O&B but Roof is something of an idol to this kid then what happened at PSU should not even be considered in his decision.

If so, I would be highly upset, considering he initially told Trey he wanted him to stick with Auburn when he went to UCF.

Naw, i have no problem with it.  at the time it was auburn vs. ucf ... offering a scholly to Penn st. is a different animal.  that is a superb academic school and LB program.  I wish roof well ... i just wish it would be without trey ...

Penn state has classically been LinebackerU. I would think regardless of Roof they are going to offer one of if not the best LB in the 2013 class. Having Roof's connection is badnews for other recruiting him, but I believe AU still has the leg up with the early commitment. CBV will be sure to focus on him just like Roof would have. In for a battle though...IMO

Archived