2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trey plays football in one of the toughest regions in GA. A ton of kids from this region go on to D1 football. For Trey to have the soph year he had against that competition, he is the real deal.

Trey should be ranked very high.. sometimes the scouts and rivals that rank the kids go a little hard on the kids that have committed early. It will be interesting to see how he is ranked. I think he is one of the best HS players in the country at his age and position.

Trey is already 6'1" and 220. He may be a really large linebacker by the time he enrolls.

I hope Quan knows about Trey. In fact I wonder if they know each other. Both of these guys can cover the field. Can you imagine them on the same defense. This is 2 years away and I am already excited.

Scout's Laura McKeeman said earlier that Trey is potentially a 5* guy.  The kid is legit.

Top 25 guy in the nation and top 5 in Georgia for 2013 in a really deep GA class.

Trey plays football in one of the toughest regions in GA. A ton of kids from this region go on to D1 football. For Trey to have the soph year he had against that competition, he is the real deal.

Trey should be ranked very high.. sometimes the scouts and rivals that rank the kids go a little hard on the kids that have committed early. It will be interesting to see how he is ranked. I think he is one of the best HS players in the country at his age and position.

Trey is already 6'1" and 220. He may be a really large linebacker by the time he enrolls.

I hope Quan knows about Trey. In fact I wonder if they know each other. Both of these guys can cover the field. Can you imagine them on the same defense. This is 2 years away and I am already excited.

Very true, Trey also led that region in tackles

• 2 weeks later...

I am drooling over this kid. Make sure we hold him and we won't have to worry about anyone running more than 5 yards a carry on us.  Unreal closing speed and when he gets you youre on the ground.  Looks like Trey Blackmon.

He will look great in Orange and Blue.  Love these headhunter LB's.

He will be a 5* by the end of this season.

I am drooling over this kid. Make sure we hold him and we won't have to worry about anyone running more than 5 yards a carry on us.  Unreal closing speed and when he gets you youre on the ground.  Looks like Trey Blackmon.

They don't rank people until the summer before their senior season do they?

They don't rank people until the summer before their senior season do they?

sorry got over-excited and forgot he was '13 commit .....  :yay:

I think Trey Johnson is bigger than Blackman was. He will be a pretty big kid by the time he gets to AU in 2013. He actually reminds me of  bigger Kwon Alexander (superior speed and size).

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot about this kids connection to Ted Roof. Wonder what he thinks about all the criticism Roof has taken lately and if that affects the strength of his AU committment. Hope not.

:we:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived