2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

He had 25 tackles last week.  This guy is an absolute freak!!

[/quoteTo quote Frank Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond...HOLY CRAP!!!

• 1 month later...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roof was his main recruiter and went to his same high school. Hopefully his departure doesn't hurt us too much

Roof was his main recruiter and went to his same high school. Hopefully his departure doesn't hurt us too much

one good thing about this situation is that CTR left and wasn't "technically" fired and he is going to UCF which should not be a player for the caliber athlete that is Trey Johnson.

one good thing about this situation is that CTR left and wasn't "technically" fired and he is going to UCF which should not be a player for the caliber athlete that is Trey Johnson.

BUT it may mean TJ may want to look elsewhere.

With CTR gone, will it affect Treys recruitment?

possibly

Maybe so, but I seriously doubt a player of Trey's caliber leaves a commitment to us to follow CTR to UCF. With any luck, CTR tells Trey how well the situation was handled and Trey has no worries about his position at Auburn.

Also, any chance that CGC used some of his Florida connections to help land Roof the new job? ;)

With CTR gone, will it affect Treys recruitment?

possibly

Maybe so, but I seriously doubt a player of Trey's caliber leaves a commitment to us to follow CTR to UCF. With any luck, CTR tells Trey how well the situation was handled and Trey has no worries about his position at Auburn.

Also, any chance that CGC used some of his Florida connections to help land Roof the new job? ;)

maybe but you must remember CTR was on CGOLeary's staff at GA Tech before taking the head coaching position at Duke.   I imagine that had a little to do with it as well. ;)

Hopefully CTR does what Mike Sherman did with 2012 recruit Matt Davis

From ESPN

Sherman -- According to the Austin American-Statesman, Sherman was informed of his firing by Texas A&M shortly before a scheduled home recruiting visit with Houston-area quarterback Matt Davis of Klein Forest High School. Sherman still took the time to call Davis, tell him he had been dismissed and then offered a piece of advice. Tweeted Davis about the call: "Coach Sherman just almost brought me to tears. The one thing I love about him is he said, 'Matt, A&M is a great place and I still think you should go there and do great things.' A true man."

If this effects his decision then let it be. I rather have a good defense then one player

Indeed. One person a defense does not make.

I hope Trey sticks with AU. He is the real deal and will be the size LB everyone is saying we need.  As a soph. he was good size already. He may be a standout recruit.

If this effects his decision then let it be. I rather have a good defense then one player

Indeed. One person a defense does not make.

No, but one person can change a defense or offense.  Trey will still do great things at AU if he is still firm with his commitment.

Johnson is being encouraged by Ted Roof to stick to his Auburn commitment. In that way, Roof is still recruiting for Auburn. I'm not sure the defense Roof ran at Auburn is his way of doing things, but we shall soon find out. Roof is a good man and i'm thankful for his contributions to Auburn University.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived