2013 4* LB Trey Johnson

Tiger Growlin

I think Trey Johnson will earn his 5*.

I don't really care about the fifth star so long as he comes to Auburn...dude is a beast regardless of what he's rated.

I care if he gets it or not because he deserves it.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5th Star or not this kid can play. Who cares about stars. I  think he wins many ALL- SEC Awards when he puts on the blue jersey.

I think Trey Johnson will earn his 5*.

I don't really care about the fifth star so long as he comes to Auburn...dude is a beast regardless of what he's rated.

Honestly is that how you feel. Be completely honest now. :tease:;)

:laugh:

If he enrolls early he may be here for spring practice and will only get better. He is the only early enroll student athelete commit so far, Foster, Rettig and Demarcus Walker are the only others I know that we are presently recruiting. I love a early enrollee. Trey will gain some needed experience, and could very well be the starter at OLB.

If he enrolls early he may be here for spring practice and will only get better. He is the only early enroll student athelete commit so far, Foster, Rettig and Demarcus Walker are the only others I know that we are presently recruiting. I love a early enrollee. Trey will gain some needed experience, and could very well be the starter at OLB.

Seems like I heard that Kevin Olsen was also looking to enroll early, but I could be wrong about that.

Guest EagleDamnWar

They talked about enrolling early in the rivals video.  He said he will talk to his counselor to see if he is on track.  Didn't sound too optimistic.

5th Star or not this kid can play. Who cares about stars. I  think he wins many ALL- SEC Awards when he puts on the blue jersey.

I hope he does well in the white jersey too.

and the orange facemask

I hope he does well in the white jersey too.

and the orange facemask

FIFY :)

Since we're starting over with new offensive, defensive coordinators and a new defensive back coach, then lets bring back those orange facemasks.

Since we're starting over with new offensive, defensive coordinators and a new defensive back coach, then lets bring back those orange facemasks.

yep totally agree

and orange jerseys. And let's call JHS the jungle.

and orange jerseys. And let's call JHS the jungle.

What ever happened to that?

I thought it was pretty cool myself!  :cool:

I see that he is taking a trip to Penn St. Wonder if Roof is going to try to steal our commit. I liked Roof and I understand he is an alum of the same high school Trey went to but Van Gorder has the edge when it comes to getting a player ready for the NFL.

Guest EagleDamnWar

I would be more worried about USCw & Miami. I think he's throwing Roof a bone.

Trey is solid to AU.  The fact that he is actively recruiting for AU says a lot about his commitment.  If any team has a outside shot, it is USC.

I would be more worried about USCw & Miami. I think he's throwing Roof a bone.

If he is comparing stadiums, Miami shouldn't be in his top 20, imo.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

What does Trey Johnson need to work on to earn his 5th star? Chances?

Keith Niebuhr:

We will get an up-close look at Trey at the 5-star Challenge. Will be on the same team with Reuben and Matthew Thomas. So that is Trey's big chance to impress. Is he as explosive as those two? Can he make the game-changing plays? We already know he's a tackling machine.

I read that Southern Cal and Penn State are going after Trey really hard now. I hope Trey stays firm with his AU commitment.

I read that Southern Cal and Penn State are going after Trey really hard now. I hope Trey stays firm with his AU commitment.

Miami is also going after Trey pretty hard.  He will be taking an unofficial visit there this summer and going back in the fall for an official.  He is quoted as "it's a pretty strong" commitment to Auburn.  He also states that Auburn is #1 and Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State and Southern Cal are even at #2.

His decision will be final once he is done with all his visits.  (By the way this info comes from Rivals)

I think Trey is pretty solid to us. Of course its a long way till signing day but if you look at those other schools they are all pretty far from his hometown. :wareagle:

Archived