Coin Probability?

Ouchyfish

My girlfriend correctly guessed the outcome of a coin toss 19 times in a row. Is there a way to say the odds on this occurring? Was just curious. =)

LOL..sorry if I posted this in the wrong group. I had just woke up and had spent about an hour last night googling it. =)

"With 19 coins, there are 524288 possible outcomes = 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 219 (Some website)"

That does not mean her odds of doing that was 1 in 524288.

Flipping one coin 19 times is different, because the ODDS do not change it is still a 50/50 guess each flip. However, understandably the chances of her guessing correctly 19 times in a row is slim. But still 50/50 each guess.

Now if you had 19 coins and she made a guess for all 19 prior to flipping any. Then you started flipping them and she got all of them right, that would be 1 in 524,288 ODDS.

Hopefully this makes sense. And hopefully I answered this correctly. Awesome question.

no hablan Inglés or kein Englisch sprechen or  没有说英语 or não falam Inglês or, my two favorite languages I studied  Δεν μιλούν αγγλικά or non loquentur english ;D, but no english, sir  :tease:

WDE !!!

Read this thread!!  ;D:banghead:

Me too! Good thing I saw some spanish/portugese or I'd be pretty confused about now

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived