2014 4* ATH/CB Evan and 3* S/OLB Elliott Berry (Tennessee signee)

JFDTiger80

And the two horses are?!?

War & Eagle

And the two schools that lead for him are?

:pcprobs:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as they keep saying that it's "open" it's starting to seem more and more like a two-horse race.

Sounds to me as if they are leaning to the Plains pretty strong like. Tennessee seems to have a great deal of ground to make up.

I would honestly beleive that if UT has a good season and Dooley can show that he is a good SEC coach then it may be hard to pull them from going to UT. I assume if they are truley considering UT it has to be because of the family history. If UT tanks, then I really like our chances.

Everything I've read, even on Tennessee sites, indicates they aren't even a significant player for the Berry twins.  I think Auburn is the clear leader thanks to Trooper and Hosely (their teammate).

As much as they keep saying that it's "open" it's starting to seem more and more like a two-horse race.

Sounds to me as if they are leaning to the Plains pretty strong like. Tennessee seems to have a great deal of ground to make up.

Everything I've read, even on Tennessee sites, indicates they aren't even a significant player for the Berry twins.  I think Auburn is the clear leader thanks to Trooper and Hosely (their teammate).

I tend to agree with both of y'all. It seems pretty apparent that Auburn leads, and by a sizable margin at that.  I just struggle to write Tennessee off until they have signed with someone else. Family ties are stronger than a lot may think, especially the later it gets. Whatever happens down the road, Tennessee will always be their "safe option" just because the family is already so comfortable with it, so in that respect UT won't ever really go away. With that said, if they could sign today, I'd fully expect them to sign with Auburn and couldn't be happier about it.

I would honestly beleive that if UT has a good season and Dooley can show that he is a good SEC coach then it may be hard to pull them from going to UT. I assume if they are truley considering UT it has to be because of the family history. If UT tanks, then I really like our chances.

I don't think it's going to matter. With Holsey here, we've got a shot no matter what. If Trooper is still at AU come 2014, I think they're in the bag.

I don't think it's going to matter. With Holsey here, we've got a shot no matter what. If Trooper is still at AU come 2014, I think they're in the bag.

Im not saying that we need UT to tank to land these guys, but family ties can play a big part as we all too well know. If signing day were tomorrow I would say hands down they sign with the good guys. There is still a long way to go before either of them sign but I am happy we are in good and in early!

The "if" you mentioned is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to bet the farm on them coming here at this point. In all honesty, at this point they seem more sold on Trooper and Hosley than they do on Auburn. Nothing wrong with that necessarily. It's earlier after all. But if for whatever reason Trooper isn't here next year, I could definitely see us falling off the top. Granted, all indications point to him remaining here (in which case I think we land them); but still, stranger things have definitely happened. 

Im not saying that we need UT to tank to land these guys, but family ties can play a big part as we all too well know. If signing day were tomorrow I would say hands down they sign with the good guys. There is still a long way to go before either of them sign but I am happy we are in good and in early!

Yeah, but Eric was vocally upset that Tennessee didn't recruit Josh Holsey harder, and you have to remember that Trooper Taylor was the guy who recruited Eric to UT in the first place, and none of the coaches who were there while Eric was are there anymore.

Their coach is on record saying that Holsey is like their big brother, too...and that combined with Eric admonishing the UT coaches for not recruiting Josh very hard makes it sound to me like he is extended family beyond just playing with the younger Berrys. Their mom loves Trooper, their father is still a Vol but likes Auburn and supports his sons' decision...yeah, I think Tennessee is the only school that could even possibly pull them away, but I don't think it's going to happen.

AND if they choose Auburn they won't run the risk of being ran through by an Auburn running back.

Not during an actual game, anyway. Probably happen a few times in practice though! :laugh:

I didn't pay attention to recruiting back when EB was in HS, but wasn't Auburn Eric's second choice?

I feel like I read somewhere CTT was the reason he went to UT and not AU.

It's also Wednesday so my kind might be making stuff up.... So there's that.

I didn't pay attention to recruiting back when EB was in HS, but wasn't Auburn Eric's second choice?

I am not sure I believe this on why Eric went to Tenn. I think the fact that his dad played football as Tenn had a lot to do with his choosing to go there as well.

Guest jrljr

We 'know it all too well'.  :P

Both Eric Sr and Eric Jr have stated IIRC that AU was their second choice when they were being recruited.

I am not sure I believe this on why Eric went to Tenn. I think the fact that his dad played football as Tenn had a lot to do with his choosing to go there as well.

I'm sure his father's time in Knoxville had something to do with it, but Eric rated his visit to Auburn a 10 and probably would have ended up on the Plains if it weren't for Taylor and the relationship those two developed. Given that Trooper's son is the same age (current high school sophomore) as the younger Berrys, they are already pretty good friends from having hung out when they visited Eric his freshman year (which was Trooper's last at Tennessee), and they loved Troop back when he was recruiting their brother.

UT still has a shot, but Auburn seems to be the clear front runner.

Front runner now means nothing, teams can't even start talking to them until the end of this school year.

Front runner now means nothing, teams can't even start talking to them until the end of this school year.

Ha so you wouldn't care if say Bama or Tenn were the front-runners then?

The recruits can contact the coaches directly, but not the other way around.

• 3 months later...

They're both watching the recruiting show that Auburn is putting on right now, and giving serious props!

any news from these 2 guys?

They just visited utk, either over the weekend or yesterday.  It will be interesting to see their reaction:  Would they even consider a commitment this early?

Archived