Boom!! Sports by Brooks new stuff

tig1961er

Don't forget Julio's 16 suits. They can spin that anyway they want to but no college kid buys 16 suits. Especially one with limited funds as Julio was. Pictures are smoking guns. Have Julio produce receipts for all of those suits and then find out where the money came from. As for the dinners with Albetar where they are quick to say the players paid for their meals. It is very easy to slip a player $100 and tell them to pay for their food with it. They question I have is why would these players spend their own money at an expensive Japanese steak house to have dinner with Albetar? Seems very odd unless they were getting something from him.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget Julio's 16 suits. They can spin that anyway they want to but no college kid buys 16 suits. Especially one with limited funds as Julio was. Pictures are smoking guns. Have Julio produce receipts for all of those suits and then find out where the money came from. As for the dinners with Albetar where they are quick to say the players paid for their meals. It is very easy to slip a player $100 and tell them to pay for their food with it. They question I have is why would these players spend their own money at an expensive Japanese steak house to have dinner with Albetar? Seems very odd unless they were getting something from him.

I wonder if there is a place in TTown that buys used clothes... err slightly used suits?

I did a yahoo search 13 used clothing stores listed wonder if they have any former Bama player suits...

Maybe he is more interesting than this guy. :dunno:

DosEquisMan.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I feel this need to be said.  Who gives a flying flip.  It sucks what we had to go through last year.  It didn't allow us to enjoy the media slobbering all over us like they do for every  other great team.  That being said, I don't wish that kind of season on anyone.  I'm sure there are plenty of Updyke-esque bama fans out there.  They suck!  You know what, though?  I have plenty of bama fan friends and they're good people.  They don't poop on me for being an Auburn fan and I return the same courtesy.  Ladies and gentlemen, I have bad news for you.  If you're sitting there rooting on the "Suit-gate" or whatever it's being called, you too are an Updyke.  It's seems to me that Auburn fans once had an "I won't sink to their level" mindset.  Last year seems to have killed it.  I remember when being known as an Auburn fan was to be thought of as being classy.  If this sort of thing continues, that will be killed.  The next thing you know, somebody is gonna set fire to Denny Chimes and call PF to brag about it.  I don't want to be associated with that.  I know it's a message board, and I know this is the college football section.  You don't have to remind me.  People are here to spout their opinion, but to rejoice in the appearance of impropriety is not classy.  That's what they did to us last year.  And we all hated the for it.  That being said, if the NCAA drops the hammer on them for violations, I'll rejoice in the streets.  The cheating sons-of-guns got what was coming to them.  Until then, I will continue to refuse to stoop to their level.  WDE everyone. 

Maybe it's just me, but I feel this need to be said.  Who gives a flying flip.  It sucks what we had to go through last year.  It didn't allow us to enjoy the media slobbering all over us like they do for every  other great team.  That being said, I don't wish that kind of season on anyone.  I'm sure there are plenty of Updyke-esque bama fans out there.  They suck!  You know what, though?  I have plenty of bama fan friends and they're good people.  They don't poop on me for being an Auburn fan and I return the same courtesy.  Ladies and gentlemen, I have bad news for you.  If you're sitting there rooting on the "Suit-gate" or whatever it's being called, you too are an Updyke.  It's seems to me that Auburn fans once had an "I won't sink to their level" mindset.  Last year seems to have killed it.  I remember when being known as an Auburn fan was to be thought of as being classy.  If this sort of thing continues, that will be killed.  The next thing you know, somebody is gonna set fire to Denny Chimes and call PF to brag about it.  I don't want to be associated with that.  I know it's a message board, and I know this is the college football section.  You don't have to remind me.  People are here to spout their opinion, but to rejoice in the appearance of impropriety is not classy.   That's what they did to us last year.  And we all hated the for it.  That being said, if the NCAA drops the hammer on them for violations, I'll rejoice in the streets.  The cheating sons-of-guns got what was coming to them.  Until then, I will continue to refuse to stoop to their level.  WDE everyone. 

Unfortunately for me, last season showed me that almost the entire bama fanbase is like updyke.  With VERY few exceptions, the bama friends I have don't even discuss football around me and my Auburn friends because they know how angry they'll get about it and they might say something they would regret.  I have close bama friends who would refuse to go to non-football gatherings after a bama loss and some who bought "roll ducks roll" gear.  With that said, I know a couple of people who can differentiate their bama football passion and real life, but it's only a couple and those people would not care as much if bama got hammered by the NCAA.

MANY times this year, shortly after the tree poisoning when I would be in a group of mostly bama fans, they would laugh about it and most of them said they wished they had done it themselves.  It wasn't until they knew an Auburn fan was around that they would feign sympathy.

So, yes, I do wish bama would get into troble, not only for "suitgate," but I hope they get the same colonoscopy Auburn has gotten over the past year and they uncover everything that's going on.  It would be nice to have a level playing field in the state for a change without bama getting away with their "extra benefits" to entice recruits.  If there is some collateral damage among the few decent bama fans, then I would hope those are the same type of fans that would want their university to be doing things the right way anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel this need to be said.  Who gives a flying flip.  It sucks what we had to go through last year.  It didn't allow us to enjoy the media slobbering all over us like they do for every  other great team.  That being said, I don't wish that kind of season on anyone.  I'm sure there are plenty of Updyke-esque bama fans out there.  They suck!  You know what, though?  I have plenty of bama fan friends and they're good people.  They don't poop on me for being an Auburn fan and I return the same courtesy.  Ladies and gentlemen, I have bad news for you.  If you're sitting there rooting on the "Suit-gate" or whatever it's being called, you too are an Updyke.  It's seems to me that Auburn fans once had an "I won't sink to their level" mindset.  Last year seems to have killed it.  I remember when being known as an Auburn fan was to be thought of as being classy.  If this sort of thing continues, that will be killed.  The next thing you know, somebody is gonna set fire to Denny Chimes and call PF to brag about it.  I don't want to be associated with that.  I know it's a message board, and I know this is the college football section.  You don't have to remind me.  People are here to spout their opinion, but to rejoice in the appearance of impropriety is not classy.   That's what they did to us last year.  And we all hated the for it.  That being said, if the NCAA drops the hammer on them for violations, I'll rejoice in the streets.  The cheating sons-of-guns got what was coming to them.  Until then, I will continue to refuse to stoop to their level.  WDE everyone. 

You know what happens when you "turn the other cheek"? The other side of your face gets smacked. I hope they get dragged through the mud by the media and then get hammered by the NCAA.

Big difference:

Pictures = hard evidence

Speculation = no evidence

Just sayin'...

I don't advocate turning the other cheek.  I advocate continuing to deliver soul crushing defeats at Jordan-Hare East and West.  That to me is the ultimate return slap.  I find it hard to throw stones when I, too, live in a glass house.  I make no pretense that AU has always been the paragon of virtue.  I honestly think that Tubbs ran a clean program, and I think CGC does as well.  I think Nick Saban and the REC are probably as dirty as they come, but you know what?  I haven't seen anymore proof of their misdeeds than I have of ours.  IT's mostly innuendo and rumor, which is what we've all been railing against for the better part of a year.

I'm not holding my breath with any story from SBB or Clay Travis.  They're not journalists -- just wannabe bloggers.  I don't think I've read anything here that would qualify as an Auburn fan being equated to Updyke -- an idiot who went out of his way to poison trees.  So, I disagree with you. Nobody, and I mean nobody here is an Updyke.

I know many friends who went to Alabama.  Heck, my sisters went to Alabama. (Don't ask.) The crap thrown at us from Bama's direction has been unprecedented.  The classy Bama fans (usually the ones who have graduated from the school) are even embarrassed about it.  

So, if some fans on the messageboard gets a chuckle from Bama getting in trouble, I completely understand it.  

And a little reminder:

Throughout the two program's history, Alabama has gotten Auburn in trouble with the NCAA before.  Auburn finally slapped back with Gene Jelks and things seemed to stabilize for a while.  But I will say this -- if Auburn turns the other cheek at this time with Bama, the Crimson will keep on coming after the program with endless false accusations and conspiracies.  

I know for a fact there were some powerful boosters of Bama who were enjoying watching Auburn squirm.  These same folks are now wanting to put up a white flag.  They know all the crap is coming back and could hit their program hard if something is found while on probation.  

It is entertaining to see SBB and CT post blogs on the t-clown store and it is funny the PF will not talk about it on his show because it is over and done in according to the UA compliance dept and PF.

However, I would be nice to see the NCAA to make a statement about it one way or the other.

After all our program and fanbase has had to endure over the past 9 months ~ what comes their way is deserved.

There has been nonstop crap throwing by the national media that was instigated by the REC.  It has been controlled by the REC and I doubt they will lay down and let Auburn go quietly into the night.  They have no intensions of waving the white flag of peace ~ they are just quietly reloading their arsenal of BS and will fire at us and the next opportune moment when we least expect it.  AU can not let down our guard, we have no choice but to retaliate and draw attention to them and give the national media no choice but to report the facts about their program.

The photos of the ttmw says all that needs to be said, IMO.  Their players have been caught red handed.

What's taking the national media so long in reporting it?

I don't advocate turning the other cheek.  I advocate continuing to deliver soul crushing defeats at Jordan-Hare East and West.  That to me is the ultimate return slap.  I find it hard to throw stones when I, too, live in a glass house.  I make no pretense that AU has always been the paragon of virtue.  I honestly think that Tubbs ran a clean program, and I think CGC does as well.  I think Nick Saban and the REC are probably as dirty as they come, but you know what?  I haven't seen anymore proof of their misdeeds than I have of ours.  IT's mostly innuendo and rumor, which is what we've all been railing against for the better part of a year.

People who live in glass houses can throw stones if they want to... but please don't walk around in the house naked..  :tease:

I hope they get the Death Penalty and more, if there is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If weeks & months go by and we don't hear that bammer is under ncaa investigation, then we will know the fix is in.  (Mark Emmert and $aban are longtime friends.)  IMO, there is no way the NCAA can ignore the TTMW photos that are proof of wrong doing. 

Has Mike Slive commented publically on the SEC investigating the issue?

I hope they get the Death Penalty and more, if there is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If weeks & months go by and we don't hear that bammer is under ncaa investigation, then we will know the fix is in.  (Mark Emmert and $aban are longtime friends.)  IMO, there is no way the NCAA can ignore the TTMW photos that are proof of wrong doing. 

Has Mike Slive commented publically on the SEC investigating the issue?

The SEC doesn't have investigators.  The school Compliance Dept and the NCAA will be the ones investigating.

The school Compliance Dept and the NCAA will be the ones investigating.

(Or not)  :rolleyes:

Investigation is over, don't know what everyone is still talking about this.  :laugh:

There are people here that share your perspective.

Pretend you are a respected media member. OK Congrats, you're in a very small class but I digress. Would you touch a story opened by Travis or Brooks?

Pretend you are a respected media member. OK Congrats, you're in a very small class but I digress. Would you touch a story opened by Travis or Brooks?

With the various types and quantity of photos......it would give definite pause.

When you look back at the history of AU's troubles with the NCAA, there has been one constant in most incidences: The University of Alabama. If any of you can get your hands on the book written about Coach Ralph Jordan called "Shug" by Rich Donnell, there is detail about the Don Fuell recruitment in the early 60s. AU got nailed while Bama, who did much worse in recruiting Fuell, practically got away with murder. It's in Chapter 12 titled "In defense of another institution." But, you can look back at other incidences when Bama has been behind AU's problems with the NCAA. I don't think it's any secret that a certain plastics surgeon in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores who was an all-American with "the tahd" was financing Eric and Twyleta Ramsey. So, as far as I'm concerned: Burn those b*st*rds!!! AU has for too long ''turned the other cheek." It's time to come out both barrels blazing.

When you look back at the history of AU's troubles with the NCAA, there has been one constant in most incidences: The University of UpDykes. If any of you can get your hands on the book written about Coach Ralph Jordan called "Shug" by Rich Donnell, there is detail about the Don Fuell recruitment in the early 60s. AU got nailed while Bama, who did much worse in recruiting Fuell, practically got away with murder. It's in Chapter 12 titled "In defense of another institution." But, you can look back at other incidences when Bama has been behind AU's problems with the NCAA. I don't think it's any secret that a certain plastics surgeon in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores who was an all-American with "the tahd" was financing Eric and Twyleta Ramsey. So, as far as I'm concerned: Burn those b*st*rds!!! AU has for too long ''turned the other cheek." It's time to come out both barrels blazing.

DITTO !

AURANDY, I have heard of some of these bama lead NCAA invetigations. One in the '70's I think involved two bama boosters posing as NCAA invetigators and interviewing an Auburn recruit to get dirt on Auburn. Another involved a recruit who received an old green john boat from his grandfather as a high school graduation gift but Auburn ended up on probation after bama turned it in to the NCAA as a violation. I also liked Pat Dye's response to Bill Curry's statement that when recruiting issues happened he would always call the other coach to work it out. Dye called BS on that after Curry turned Auburn in over to the NCAA for what turned out to be a non-issue. It could have been cleared up if he had called Dye but Saint Curry shot first and asked questions never.

When you look back at the history of AU's troubles with the NCAA, there has been one constant in most incidences: The University of Alabama. If any of you can get your hands on the book written about Coach Ralph Jordan called "Shug" by Rich Donnell, there is detail about the Don Fuell recruitment in the early 60s. AU got nailed while Bama, who did much worse in recruiting Fuell, practically got away with murder. It's in Chapter 12 titled "In defense of another institution." But, you can look back at other incidences when Bama has been behind AU's problems with the NCAA. I don't think it's any secret that a certain plastics surgeon in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores who was an all-American with "the tahd" was financing Eric and Twyleta Ramsey. So, as far as I'm concerned: Burn those b*st*rds!!! AU has for too long ''turned the other cheek." It's time to come out both barrels blazing.

I agree. Burn them. Bury them. End them.

Whatever it takes. They have been behind many of our past probations one way or the other. When we "turn the other cheek" we continue to pay for it over and over. They do not want to co-exist peacefully, fine. We fight back the same way they have fought us for 60 years and put the shoe on the other foot. They didn't like it when we did it with Jelks, but apparently they didn't learn the lesson or it didn't stick. Time to educate them again.

I am convinced the NCAA will punish them for "suitgate". I do not see anyway they cannot punish them. My only question is how severe? How many wins will be vacated, will players be suspended for this year and if so how many and for how long, will failure to monitor come into play. I honestly fully expect vacated wins, suspensions, and the extension of their repeat violator window. Just wondering how severe it will be.

Archived