2011 Football Season

doug3020

As this season quickly approaches, I can honestly say this is the most excited I have been in years. I can't wait to see the talent we're about to place on the field at every position. I predict by weeks 7-8 nobody will want to play us. We may very well be the team that blows a 17 point lead early during the season, but once these underclassman become aquatinted w/ the speed of the game and momentum shifts great things will follow. Let me know what you think. WDE!

As this season quickly approaches, I can honestly say this is the most excited I have been in years. I can't wait to see the talent we're about to place on the field at every position. I predict by weeks 7-8 nobody will want to play us. We may very well be the team that blows a 17 point lead early during the season, but once these underclassman become aquatinted w/ the speed of the game and momentum shifts great things will follow. Let me know what you think. WDE!

I totally agree. Even when you have a lot of veterans on the team you have the "boulder" effect...takes a while to get it moving, but once it is rolling you better get your butt out of the way. If we look at how we play our first SEC game the past few years, which I believe has almost always been State, we seem to play them a fairly tight game. If we played State sometime in late Oct. - Nov. we would DESTROY them. As was posted look for us to struggle early while we iron out the wrinkles, but love it wholly when the team is well pressed because it is gonna be a disaster for our opposition!

This is why I think we lose more games in September than October. I think we get out of Clemson but I think we lose to USCe and Miss St will be a dogfight. Evetybody is talking about our brutal October schedule but I think we surprise some people.

Archived