Danny Sheridan and His Bagman-- In Conclusion

dpwspringer

The names of Danny Sheridan's bagman, witness, money man, etc are irrelephant because he has no knowledge of anything that is factual.  He was being unethical and dishonest by spouting off rumors and/or accusations that had no merit being made public other than to unfairly smear reputations.

My guess is he has no inside source at the NCAA unless he is hanging out at one of their buildings trying to pay the janitorial staff for the trash they are dumping to see if he can conjure up something from it. I figure the odds in him finding anything useful that way are 50-50, if he is doing that at all. We may never know as Danny Sheridan would not fess up and it is unlikely that someone on the janitorial staff would step forward because that might cost them their job.  :rolleyes:

He was weasel wording and backtracking on everything he stated from the get go.  You could take what he initially said to mean whatever you wanted it to, or not. He would state it differently each time he repeated it. PAUL FINEBAUM WAS IN ON IT because he played back the time DS said he might or might not tell the name when he could just as easily, and should have played back the time Danny Sheridan said he would tell the name.

To my knowledge DS never confirmed if or not his source was currently working with the NCAA or retired. Finbaum insinuated that the NCAA stooge told DS who the bag man was as retribution for the NCAA allowing Newton to continue to play...It all goes back to the Gumpdykes not being able to stomach Auburn winning a championship. 

To my knowledge DS never confirmed if or not his source was currently working with the NCAA or retired. Finbaum insinuated that the NCAA stooge told DS who the bag man was as retribution for the NCAA allowing Newton to continue to play...It all goes back to the Gumpdykes not being able to stomach Auburn winning a championship.   

I agree 110% but the Gumpdykes and F-Bomb are not going to drop this.  They want to keep it going to keep eyes off the dirty program going at Gumpdykes "U".

Just heard mark emmert on the college playback on sirius he commented on danne Sheridan and said if Danny had that kind of info he would welcome his phone call..in other words he hasn't heard that anyone has that kind of info .and it didn't come from the  ncaa

Just heard mark emmert on the college playback on sirius he commented on danne Sheridan and said if Danny had that kind of info he would welcome his phone call..in other words he hasn't heard that anyone has that kind of info .and it didn't come from the  ncaa

where is the like button^^^

Wow.  That's the best thing I've heard on the subject since Dipshaat Sheridan's outright lies on Pondscum's broadcast at the SEC media days.. The azzhole has nowhere to go with his story - not that he ever did. 

As some wise posters on this and other boards have noted the silver lining to all the anti-Auburn, anti-Cam vitriol is that the vast majority of the updyke nation nation want so bad for it to be true that they believe any fool (like S. Moore, Danny S., C. Travis - with regard to Auburn at least, and others) and have their hopes crushed time after time when it doesn't happen.  Their disappointment when the long-awaited, much ballyhooed revelations concerning Milton McGregor, etc. never materialized was palpable... it broke their hearts.    :'( :'( :'(

Scarbinski tweets:

KevinScarbinsky Kevin Scarbinsky

Email to NCAA asked 4 comment on Sheridan claims re NCAA sources allegedly telling him inside info on Auburn recruitment of Cam Newton.

Email response fr. NCAA's Stacey Osburn re Danny Sheridan: "As a matter of policy, we do not comment on vague, unsubstantiated claims."

Scarbinski tweets:

Email to NCAA asked 4 comment on Sheridan claims re NCAA sources allegedly telling him inside info on Auburn recruitment of Cam Newton.

Email response fr. NCAA's Stacey Osburn re Danny Sheridan: "As a matter of policy, we do not comment on vague, unsubstantiated claims."

Yeah, that is a huge statement right there. 

The premise of your thread title "Conclusion" is erroneous. 

Bagman Sheridan's intent was to make this linger...for years.

I respectfully disagree.  I think that Danny Sheridan and Paul Finebaum failed miserably and it will not take long for many people to see through what they did.  At that time public opinion may flip, as in hind sight many people will realize there never was any factual information to back up the opinions that most of the media propagated on them as facts and that it is fundamentally unfair and unreasonable to convict Cam Newton and Auburn based on lies, rumors, and innuendo and then treat them the way Cam Newton and Auburn were treated by the media.

In reference to Danny Sheridan and his inside sources at the NCAA.  This is a tweet he made on Aug 14th which shows he had a heads up on the situation that had been investigated for the last 5 months with Miami and the NCAA. ;D

@DannySheridan1

Danny Sheridan

If SEC presidents invite, and aTm accepts, next SEC wish list in order: FSU, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, & Virginia Tech.

14 Aug via web

The premise of your thread title "Conclusion" is erroneous. 

Bagman Sheridan's intent was to make this linger...for years.

I respectfully disagree.  I think that Danny Sheridan and Paul Finebaum failed miserably and it will not take long for many people to see through what they did.  At that time public opinion may flip, as in hind sight many people will realize there never was any factual information to back up the opinions that most of the media propagated on them as facts and that it is fundamentally unfair and unreasonable to convict Cam Newton and Auburn based on lies, rumors, and innuendo and then treat them the way Cam Newton and Auburn were treated by the media.

JMO, but most people outside of West Vance don't necessarily think AU paid for Newton.  They mainly think that something was up with Rogers and Cecil Newton and based on actual statements by AU, MSU, the NCAA and SEC, they can't get their heads around how Newton wasn't declared ineligible.  It doesn't sit right with them, and I can understand their feelings to a certain degree.  The bama masses, on the other hand, are so consumed by their hatred for AU and disbelief that AU could actually win a national title that is "rightfully bama's" that they'll believe any ill conceived, half baked theory about AU cheating that any "insider" or "expert" dreams up - and continue to cling to them even as they are vaporized by factual information.   I've never seen a group of people so willing to be duped over and over and over again.  It's quite remarkable really.

Scarbinski tweets:

I love it

Scarbinski tweets:

I love it

There was a post by a pretty well informed poster on another site the other day that AU's Athletic Department had expected a letter or statement from the NCAA several weeks ago saying the Newton issue was dead.  According to the OP, the statement was being worked, but the NCAA decided they didn't want to set the precedent of "closing" and investigation that wasn't officially open.  They were concerned about having to start chasing rabbits all over the country, so they decided to say nothing.

If they send no letter of position statement, someone there needs to have the nads to make a very public statement then. USCw and tOSU, you know the guys who truly broke the rules :dunno:, haven't suffered the media/pr/public opinion whipping they've tried to put on us. Rarely will I claim anything isn't fair, because life bluntly isn't fair, BUT, the NCAA is not giving an equally balanced response to the crap they have allowed us to take because of their actions and inactions.

Not only does the NCAA not "comment on vague, unsubstantiated claims" they don't comment or investigate claims that are obvious and substantiated in many photos and advertisements.  That is, as long as a certain university is involved. 

:banghead:

Not only does the NCAA not "comment on vague, unsubstantiated claims" they don't comment or investigate claims that are obvious and substantiated in many photos and advertisements.  That is, as long as a certain university is involved. 

Just because we have seen no evidence that they're looking into the TTMW issue doesn't mean they're not.  They have a lot on their plate, and it may take some time for them to move on this.  My understanding is that the NCAA is trying to increase staffing of their investigative arm.

Just because we have seen no evidence that they're looking into the TTMW issue doesn't mean they're not.  They have a lot on their plate, and it may take some time for them to move on this.  My understanding is that the NCAA is trying to increase staffing of their investigative arm.

They should simply hire Charles Robinson and Dan Wetzel.

True they are trying to increase staffing. Sooooooooo, did it just now somehow miraculously occur to them? Did they just now have an epiphany? Did they just now start paying attention? 13 on staff. I agree their plate is full and they have more than they know what to do with, BUT, put it in business terms (hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, just a fact) if it were your business, would you be happy with the response or their work? I sure as heck wouldn't. Hindsight is 20/20, foresight is priceless.

True they are trying to increase staffing. Sooooooooo, did it just now somehow miraculously occur to them? Did they just now have an epiphany? Did they just now start paying attention? 13 on staff. I agree their plate is full and they have more than they know what to do with, BUT, put it in business terms (hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, just a fact) if it were your business, would you be happy with the response or their work? I sure as heck wouldn't. Hindsight is 20/20, foresight is priceless.

I'm certainly not going to defend the NCAA's competency (or lack thereof), but I'm not ready to say that they're corrupt enough to ignore the smoke coming from Tuscaloosa.

Although there is an huge portion of me that believes that because of their continued inaction on all things turd town, while turdtown is allowed free reign to work toward everyone elses destruction, I'm not remotely talking about them in the above post. The NCAA needs to man up and say they were woefully unprepared and woefully negligent in the policing of the sport. Using the business model, I described, I'd be searching for a new team to lead the organization, because the last one failed. Utterly. Using the Miami allegations as an example, it's been happening for minimally a decade. So it's really hard to assume someone else couldn't get away with it for that long. If Shapiro hadn't rolled on other people, it would have been possibly ignored. Did I mention they utterly failed? ;)

I'm certainly not going to defend the NCAA's competency (or lack thereof), but I'm not ready to say that they're corrupt enough to ignore the smoke coming from Tuscaloosa.

i am ready to say it....where there is large sums of money,there is corruption.....in EVERY case in the history of the universe

Well, if they are giving Bama a pass or just not looking in that direction, then it may actually end up being worse for them. If they go years and years with little to no risk and get bolder and bolder with their actions it could easily lead to much worse problems than taking a hit sooner. Eventually, the NCAA will have to look into it. If not under current leadership then under the next regime.

:we:

And wouldn't it be incredible if the next regime at the NCAA was led by Philip Fulmer?  :laugh: :laugh:

Now, you want to see what a meltdown would look like! You would see the army a shredder trucks rolling all through the state!

How funny would it be for Fulmer to strike fear in the hearts of Bama fans.

Archived