Cody Parkey

AUfan_UAgrad

Ok I didn't get to see yesterday's game......yet (was on my way back from Disney).  I was getting ESPN updates and it seemed like most all of our kick offs were going for touch backs.  Seems like last weeks game was the same way.  Anybody got stats on the number of kickoffs Cody has done and how many were touch backs?

Stat would be able to tell you for sure, but I believe that Cody matched the total amount of touchbacks that we had all year in 2010 with his performance yesterday. I believe we had 6 or 7 in 2010? Cody has that now... :thumbsup:

I may be mistaken, but it seemed like that statistic was shown yesterday on TV.

Not only that but according to one article I read, sometimes the coach doesnt want the ball kicked into the endzone.  So he could have more if the coach wanted him to.

Not only that but according to one article I read, sometimes the coach doesnt want the ball kicked into the endzone.  So he could have more if the coach wanted him to.

Yea I have heard that before, but never really understood why.  To me if you can put them on the 20 on every kick off then do it.  Guess that's why I am not a coach and just a fan.

However just hope he is getting his credit because when you don't have to worry about kick offs, just one less thing.  And we all know how a special teams play can make/break a game.

He is GREAT. His leg has gotten so much stronger. He had a 43 yarder yesterday, I think it was 43 yards, and my eyes may have fooled me but it looked like his kick went half way up the net. It was right down broadway also. Just omne more weapon in our arsenal. My Auburn days go back to Shug. I can never ever remember us having so many weapons at one time.

Have we ever had a kicker to win the Heisman? This would be great for sure! Keep on kicking the ball into the next county Cody!

WDE!!

Doc

He's going to be making a lot of money on Sundays in a few years, too...consistently kicking the ball to the back of the end zone from the 30 yard line will do that for you.

Parkey is unreal. If it doesn't go through the endzone then he doesn't want it to. Watch next week, if it doesn't go out of the endzone then he has kicked it higher than normal to give the players more time to get down) and if it's low it's going through the endzone.

He is GREAT. His leg has gotten so much stronger. He had a 43 yarder yesterday, I think it was 43 yards, and my eyes may have fooled me but it looked like his kick went half way up the net. It was right down broadway also. Just omne more weapon in our arsenal. My Auburn days go back to Shug. I can never ever remember us having so many weapons at one time.

Speaking of nets, when did we start putting a net up for PATs?  Did AU get tired of having the students throw the football out of the stadium after the opposing team kicked their PATs and field goals? :dunno:

Yeah.  He's doing a great job.  Keep it up, kid!!!  The players noticed because on the Review/AU Everyday, they had a quick shot of a couple of players him bouncing up and down on their shoulders as if to say good job.  (And that was last week).

Speaking of nets, when did we start putting a net up for PATs?  Did AU get tired of having the students throw the football out of the stadium after the opposing team kicked their PATs and field goals? :dunno:

I dont know what game you were watching but Auburn students threw numerous balls out over the stands last game. I have never seen any nets in JH.

Parkey has played lights out this year.  Congratulations on the results of your dedication and hard work over the summer.

Keep up the great work. You are the best in college football.

WDE!

We don't have nets...just sayin.  However, at least two of MSU's extra point balls went out of the stadium...as they should!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Parkey only had two returned yesterday...the opening kick and one where we were penalized 15 yards on the kick off.  Kid has a huge leg!

Cody has been a great contributor to our success so far.  I am glad to see the deep kicks.  I can recall few years ago when we had terrible kick coverage.  Much better now!

There's not a net. On tv they put an image of the Allstate or whatever that is usually on nets.

He's the only Kicker recruit that I've watched film of... and I was blown away. I knew he was going to be a good one but he's gotten even better. I think he's the best kicker in the country by a mile. Everytime we kick it off, my entire street can hear me giving him credit. He is FREAKIN AUSOME!

There's not a net. On tv they put an image of the Allstate or whatever that is usually on nets.

If you wouldn't have said that I would still be thinking we were using net's this season. I was just watching the Dan Mullen Show and was paying attention to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. If the shot of the FG is from the field you can see the All-State emblem between the goal post. If the shot is from behind the goal post they don't impose it up there. I was convinced we had starting using net's until you said something and I started looking for it. So to re-make my point...Parkey's 43 yarder went half-way up the All-State imposed emblem to my eyes.

In the USU game he put a kick off through the up rights!!! My friends and I don't normally call/text each other about the kick on kick offs but that caused a few calls/text.

Archived