Trotter

lewisbr

Oh I forgot this in my previous post, I didnt like what I saw from Trotter when on camera when he was OUT of the game.  I was hoping to see him standing up talking to the offense, firing them up and being a leader and motivator.  Instead, he sat by himself on the bench with a blank look on his face looking at his feet. Clint actually came over to him one time in what looked like an attempt to console him or something and this wasnt just at the end of the game, he sat by himself the entire 2nd half.  Anyone else notice that?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I've been a lurker for a few months now, but these threads are forcing me out of spectator mode.

Barrett Trotter has completed OVER 70% of his passes! That's unreal for any quarterback to do let alone a first time starter. No he did not have a good game today, but no one is perfect(besides Cam). You all are kidding yourselves if you think Frazier or Moseley can do much better. The defense is our glaring weakness not offense. The defense constantly puts our offense in shootouts and high pressure situations. Gus has to call a perfect game in order for us to be in the ball game right now and today he was slipping. Do not blame Trotter for anything going wrong for Auburn.

First off, I've been a lurker for a few months now, but these threads are forcing me out of spectator mode.

Barrett Trotter has completed OVER 70% of his passes! That's unreal for any quarterback to do let alone a first time starter. No he did not have a good game today, but no one is perfect(besides Cam). You all are kidding yourselves if you think Frazier or Moseley can do much better. The defense is our glaring weakness not offense. The defense constantly puts our offense in shootouts and high pressure situations. Gus has to call a perfect game in order for us to be in the ball game right now and today he was slipping. Do not blame Trotter for anything going wrong for Auburn.

This is the truth!

His completion percentage for the year doesn't tell the whole story regarding his performance today. He did not play well today and it's hard to argue that giving Mosely a chance today would have been a bad thing.  All we heard was how Mosely and Trotter were too close to call who was going to start over the summer and into fall camp.

I'll add that Coach Gus could help him out some.  We're way too run/bubble on first down, so Barrett has to make lots of throws under tough conditions.  When they could come after him, Clemson was making things very tough on him.

He's a great kid, but he's one dimensional. He's NO threat to run, whatsoever. And when he does, he's so slow that any opposing player can easily chase him down.

IMHO, no disrespect what so ever to Trotter but I think he is a very mediocre quarterback. I have thought this for years, even when I played against him in high school. His game is designed for high school. He plays incredibly too mental and doesn't have good improvisation qualities. I do think he's more mobile than some of you guys give him credit for and I wish he had the vision to see a hole sometimes and head up field for a quick five yards. That would keep us from getting so deep in the downs and yards. He has always had e bad habit of staring down recievers and our dbs ate him up in high school. I know that was a long time ago but honestly I feel like smetimes I am back in the locker room watching his game film. He has many of the same techniques and habits. Also i think he is a very nice guy but never had tremendous leadership qualities or the grit that I would like to see in my quarterback. But he is an Auburn Tiger, and because of that I am behind him 100%

:wareagle:

His completion percentage for the year doesn't tell the whole story regarding his performance today. He did not play well today and it's hard to argue that giving Mosely a chance today would have been a bad thing.  All we heard was how Mosely and Trotter were too close to call who was going to start over the summer and into fall camp.

While this is true, you can't let dissension get in the ranks this early IMO. That old adage "if you have two QB's then you really have none" is very true IMO. I have the utmost confidence Gus will figure it out. Remember, their D goes up against our O every day in practice. Our D also goes up against their O. Today was about coaching IMO, and we came up very short. I have not liked this "come from behind" mentality we seem to have. Hopefully our guys learned today that just hanging around will get you beat sometimes, on both sides of the ball.

Very OBVIOUS why we were courting Wilson.  With what we have on O this season we needed someone who could take the team on his  back.  Trotter is a great Auburn kid and a game manager, nuthing more.

Guest Apraser99

Wofford scored 27 on Clemson.....what part of glaring weakness on offense do you not understand?

Wofford scored 27 on Clemson.....what part of glaring weakness on offense do you not understand?

How many football teams usually lose football games when scoring 30 or more points? Auburn has an incredible winning percentage when scoring more than 30. The problem is not offense. Open your eyes man.....

The facts are these:  We suck defensively.  We don't know what we're doing out there at ALL!  Offensively, our best player (Dyer) was limited to probably 30% of the plays, and our QB is very, very, very, very average.  If you don't think our D sucks, watch any game on TV today and tell me if you wouldn't trade defenses with that team.  If you don't think Trotter is mediocre, do the same.  I like the kid, but he ain't gonna win us many games this year.

Oh everyone knows Trotter is average, but Malzahn's system is so QB friendly that he can look above average if we could ever get 80 plays in a game. When the D allows the other team to consistently drive the ball down the field it equals less touches for the offense. It's really simple actually.

Guest Apraser99

How many football teams usually lose football games when scoring 30 or more points? Auburn has an incredible winning percentage when scoring more than 30. The problem is not offense. Open your eyes man.....

Last time I checked we did not score 30 today. Therefore we lost. What is your point?

Because I'm sure Clemson was throwing their playbook at Wofford

It's also hard to get in a rhythm when your defense can't get any three and outs.  Look at the difference in the first and second halves today.  The first half the Offense was in a rhythm and scored 21 points.  The second half they couldn't get in a rhythm because it would be 10-15 plays before they could get back on the field.  

I think Trotter has done a good job so far.  A mediocre QB doesn't bring you back down 10 with 3 minutes to play. He's a first year starter who's being forced to lead TD drives nearly every possession for us to have a chance to win.

I think Trotter has done a good job so far.  A mediocre QB doesn't bring you back down 10 with 3 minutes to play. He's a first year starter who's being forced to lead TD drives nearly every possession for us to have a chance to win.

Great post! Nice 'fro!

Archived