Am i missing something...

WarDamn219

...or do we lack toughness? I think this is the softest looking AU team since Gabe Gross was under center. Cansomeone please point out to me the toughest SOBs on our team beyond Dyer(under-utilized), Lutz(helllooo Gus), and Dismukes(yup I said it). The lack of a mean streak on this team scares me with October looming. I just don't  get it. This is Auburn. Tough D is always our backbone. I see no spine to our D. No tenacity. And the youth thing is wearing thin. Man up, balls tight ferociousness is needed immediately.  Where does it come from?

I agree that we don't seem very mean or aggressive. Getting our butts whipped in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Not winning the line of scrimmage and that's where it all begins.

I agree. The meanest streak on the team, IMO, is Erique Florence.

He crushed that poor guy on the TD.

+1

seems like all our nasties on D are riding the bench. Florence and Therezie have shown it. Blackson continues to show it. I'd love to see Ladarius Owens get some time at LB. Toro doesnt seem as aggressive as in the past. I'd ahve to look real hard at starting some of the younger guys if it were my call.

I agree. The meanest streak on the team, IMO, is Erique Florence.

He crushed that poor guy on the TD.

+1

seems like all our nasties on D are riding the bench. Florence and Therezie have shown it. Blackson continues to show it. I'd love to see Ladarius Owens get some time at LB. Toro doesnt seem as aggressive as in the past. I'd ahve to look real hard at starting some of the younger guys if it were my call.

Owens made a great open field tackle for a loss.

ladarious owens dont play linebacker. i do like therizie and florence.

did anyone say he did? I said I would like him to though... you know, when something isnt working you gotta mix it up a little. IMHO we havent figured out the LB situation and looking at the same options over & over is insanity. LO looks just as capable of playing the position as anyone else we have fielded.

ladarious owens dont play linebacker. i do like therizie and florence.

did anyone say he did? I said I would like him to though... you know, when something isnt working you gotta mix it up a little. IMHO we havent figured out the LB situation and looking at the same options over & over is insanity. LO looks just as capable of playing the position as anyone else we have fielded.

I think they tried him at LB last year in practice. They decided to move him back to DE and he said he was much more comfortable there. I do agree with you at the fact we are very thin at LB and need all the help we can get there. Hopefully we can sign some guys that can help us there next season, maybe a JUCO guy or two.

I'm gonna be honest... no matter who is on the field we seem to be getting handled!  Offense and defense both!  I may be wrong, but I don't think we have forced a fumble this season... a true sign of the lack of physical play.  The offense seems to be getting worse game by game.  I'm really at a loss for answers.  I am really starting to wonder if this seasons difficulties are working on some of our staff's relationships and working its way to the players.  Regardless, I think matters are getting worse.  Hopefully Chizik has a handle on things.

I'm gonna be honest... no matter who is on the field we seem to be getting handled!  Offense and defense both!  I may be wrong, but I don't think we have forced a fumble this season... a true sign of the lack of physical play.  The offense seems to be getting worse game by game.  I'm really at a loss for answers.  I am really starting to wonder if this seasons difficulties are working on some of our staff's relationships and working its way to the players.  Regardless, I think matters are getting worse.  Hopefully Chizik has a handle on things.

Forced a fumble against clemson last week.

Thanks!  That may be our defensive highlight for the season!

Thanks!  That may be our defensive highlight for the season!

We have taken back two int's for TD's. But as has been mentioned, we are not a physical D in any shape, form, or fashion. To be honest, I don't think we have been very physical on O either. The highlight of our team to this point has been our kicker. That usually doesn't bode well when that happens. Lots of football left though.

I see a lot of effort and hustle.  We only had a few missed tackles last night.  Problem isn't being mean and nasty, problem is assignment.  It only takes one guy to miss his assignment and the play is a bad play.  A good coordinator will run that play until the defense makes the guy show he can make his assignment.  Auburn finally adjusted.  Also, FAU has good players.  That RB had 1300 and 1000 yard seasons.  And it is the 4th game of the year.  Not aying they are great, but they have good players that can take advantage of mistakes.  We needed this type of game.  The offense didn't carry the team this time.  The D did.

I am not a coach, but have watched Auburn since the Sullivan/Beasley days. This defense reminds me of two other defenses:

1. Defense in 76-80

2. Defense in 96-97

This defense, is worst than the other two. I hate it, but believe it is Roof's system. Weak...I think we need a new DB coach, LB's coach, and a new Line Coach. Just my thoughts...

We are finger tackling on defense. That was so clear in last nights game. If things don't start looing up, 5 wins will be the most we can hope for.

One of the comments summed up our defense...that is, it seems like some of our offense members have more of a football nasty streak in them than our linebackers. Our linebackers play soft and our defensive line are being pushed around. Last night I was absolutely disappointed with the "FIX" by the coaches. What are they doing to address this. If it is youth, then they need to say we have no JRs or Seniors capable of playing. And, Just curious, if that is the case, could we not have recruited 2-3 jrs from one of those super jr colleges with good players and had a bridge to the next two yrs? Just saying...

Archived