Lets here it for Robenson Therezie and Corey Lemonier

lionheartkc

Love how I start a thread to salute some players and it turns into a thread to dog other players... just sayin'.

Nothing said in this thread about TBell is false.  Jus' sayin'.

This isn't a thread about Bell, who, by the way, saved a touchdown with good D this week, since everyone feels like hammering on him.   This is a thread about Robenson Therezie and Corey Lemonier.

actually that td pass he broke up was horrible coverage and he was lucky he didnt get flagged for interference....when your a db you have to get your head turned around on the deep ball or you will be flagged 9 times out of 10...bell does fine on the slot guys but he has be borderline horrible on the outside....he just fits into the nickel better and therezie and davis needs to be the starters

Love how I start a thread to salute some players and it turns into a thread to dog other players... just sayin'.

This isn't a thread about Bell, who, by the way, saved a touchdown with good D this week, since everyone feels like hammering on him.   This is a thread about Robenson Therezie and Corey Lemonier.

actually that td pass he broke up was horrible coverage and he was lucky he didnt get flagged for interference....when your a db you have to get your head turned around on the deep ball or you will be flagged 9 times out of 10...bell does fine on the slot guys but he has be borderline horrible on the outside....he just fits into the nickel better and therezie and davis needs to be the starters

Horrible coverage?  He was in perfect position.  He was in the WRs face and had his hand between the WRs hands.  When the ball arrived he pulled it out and almost had an INT.  However I do agree that our DBs do need to look for the ball more.

Horrible coverage?  He was in perfect position.  He was in the WRs face and had his hand between the WRs hands.  When the ball arrived he pulled it out and almost had an INT.  However I do agree that our DBs do need to look for the ball more.

im just saying he did good to brake up the play but it was horrible coverage bc hes lucky he wasnt flagged

I thought Ladarius Owens played a really good game.  He tackles a guy on a swing pass to the outside for a loss that was a thing of beauty.  As everyone will admit, not a perfect game, but much better tackling.  They were not up for the game...hey, it is FAU, but I thought we played better.  Lots of new faces.  I think we worked on fundamentals and not on FAU.  We will see next week against SCe.

actually that td pass he broke up was horrible coverage and he was lucky he didnt get flagged for interference....when your a db you have to get your head turned around on the deep ball or you will be flagged 9 times out of 10...bell

does fine on the slot guys but he has be borderline horrible on the outside....he just fits into the nickel better and therezie and davis needs to be the starters

He did a good job of catching up to the ball. He was beat on every step of the play until the end. A good QB with a good pass=touchdown FAU.

im just saying he did good to brake up the play but it was horrible coverage bc hes lucky he wasnt flagged

Actually, if he's not going to turn and look for the ball, then he played it perfectly. There wasn't enough contact before the receiver touched the ball to warrant a flag. I WOULD like to see our DBs turn and find the ball, but it was not "horrible coverage".

Eguae, Blackson, Wright, Lemonier

Holland, Evans, Bates

Florence, McNeal, Bell, Davis

Therazie, Whitehead, Ra Ra, Thorpe - honorable mention

I would add Ladarius Ownes to the "honorable mention" list. LO will be a great one IMHO.

Robenson Therezie and Corey Lemonier both stepped up this game.

I want to see some more  Jermaine Whitehead.    He is one of those people that good things just happen around. Even in high school.    Like he payed all his debts in a past life or something.   Young, no experience, thrown in the game,  and he still made big plays.   Everyone knows someone like this.  The right time and place tries to be around them.

I loved JW's interview after the game...    Something like, ""we are going to get back to work and get things fxed up.  Someday we wil lhave it ALL fixed up.""     Full of energy,  happy,  sincerely excited about the team's future.  AND good things happen around him on the ball field.

More Whitehead please.

p.s.  Did I see Joel Bonomolo make a special teams tackle?

Rah Rah needs to be starting, IMO. He was one of the bright spots that I saw.

I agree.  I thought he played well early in the season against USU.

Not sure Whitehead should start over T Bell just yet, because Bell has done enough that I think he deserves to be starting, but I think either he should be on a short leash or the DBs should rotate more often.

I think he should.  I really thought TBell ended last year as our best DB.  He played extremely well at the end of the year.  So far, he has been a disappointment this year.  He has missed a lot of tackles.  He has played soft.  Right now, Chris Davis is our best CB.

Could not agree more. T-Bell is still in nickel-back mode...

thank you for starting a positive thread. I thought a lot of guys did some good things last night. Bell: had a nice break up, and used his hands perfectly on it (i could care less about what could have happened, he made the play when it counted, thats football) White: has to be coming back way ahead of schedule, he looked outstanding and im really excited to see what he is doing after a few more weeks. he really reminded me of carlos rogers, he learns as the game goes and thats huge. Owens: showed a ball awareness that we have been missing greatly this year. Whitehead: showed the first sign of someone who can watch film and understand a play developing, i expect to see him a good bit more. Florence: gave our first vicious hit of the year, that is something that I think we have been greatly missing. We need an enforcer at safety and he looks like he could be that guy. Holland: actually shot some gaps and made some plays, which i think is a huge thing weve had missing. and made a pretty good catch on his interception. (very good call by roof) Freeman: shot the gap a couple times, something we really havent been doing this year. harris gaston: did a good job in running with receivers from linebacker. lemonioer: had one of his better games this year. Thorpe: had a great heads up play. we had another great call by roof there, we had some switched looks and even a late pressure. Bell and Bates showed some poor technique on tackles but those things can be fixed. therezie did a great job in making the tackle and cutting down yards after contact and has a great motor that he used to stay active in the open field. travis: did a great job of scraping the line on the busted reverse and a few other plays. we saw some things they can build on. i do think the answer for this defense is for them to be active and show different looks and not stay base so much. White showing up could be huge for us. The only player i found myself agrivated with was on offense and im not calling anyone out.

rah rah, holland, and evans are the best linebackers we have on the team. i think the coaches are handcuffed because toro and bates make the calls. Holland does sometimes, but ive noticed those two making calls a ton. The same goes for T-Bell and Thorpe.  I think Florence and Whitehead have played much better then them, but they make the calls in the secondary. But who knows.

Archived