reminds me of 2007

JwgreDeux

This season has reminded me of 2007 in some ways, young team struggling early.  We started that season 1-2 before beating a cupcake and then going on the road to play the #3 ranked Florida gators.  We won that game as a true freshman stepped up to the plate and showed his metal, not once but twice.  Wes Byrum will be forever remembered for that moment.  Despite one of the toughest schedules in the country we went 7-2 from there, with road losses to #4LSU and #10 UGA, before beating bama at home and winning the Chic-fil-a bowl against Clemson. 

I'm hoping for someone to step up this week, against similar odds on the road against a highly ranked team, and make their moment that we will all remember for years to come.

Actually this season looks just like 2008 to me as far as team dynamic goes. The circumstances are much different, but the team dynamic looks exactly the same.

Actually this season looks just like 2008 to me as far as team dynamic goes. The circumstances are much different, but the team dynamic looks exactly the same.

Sorry we had somewhat of a defense in 2008.

Sorry we had somewhat of a defense in 2008.

Statistically we actually had a great defense that year and a putrid offense which is what he meant by the circumstances being much different. In '08 we had an awful offense and a great D that wore down from being on the field so much whereas this year we have a good offense that can never get a rhythm because the horrible defense can't get off the field.

In 2007 we just needed to get our offense in sync to be decent.  In 2011 we need a defense who can stop the run and tackle.  Two entirely different problems......

Archived