Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

I know many of you do not care what the turds are saying or doing in recruiting, but I do, and maybe some others do also.  So this is for you.  They say they still lead for Jordan Jenkins (although UGA moved up the list, probably past us because of last week's blowout); they lead for Cyrus Jones (although there is a JUCO db that has caught their eye); they are pressing hard and really putting the heat on TJ ( and they have a window of opportunity opening up somewhere around Nov. 26), and Denzell Duvall is their primary, and last, LB target ( they're still recruiting Kwon, but concede it's between FSU and us0.  Finally, they are done on the O-line (implying they may have given up on Avery Young), but are worried that new commit Brandon Hill may not qualify.  No comments on DGB or Goldman, which I thought was interesting.  Keep in mind, they only have 5 slots left.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I hope they dont get tj.

From what I read and hear, it seems that unless something drastic happens, TJ will still come to Auburn in January, but I've got to say, I don't have any direct info.  I do know the turds are looking at the IB as a recruiting opportunity for them, not us, but from what I've heard about TJ, the IB atmosphere, in OUR place, would work in our favor, no matter the outcome of the game.

I know many of you do not care what the turds are saying or doing in recruiting, but I do, and maybe some others do also.  So this is for you.  They say they still lead for Jordan Jenkins (although UGA moved up the list, probably past us because of last week's blowout); they lead for Cyrus Jones (although there is a JUCO db that has caught their eye); they are pressing hard and really putting the heat on TJ ( and they have a window of opportunity opening up somewhere around Nov. 26), and Denzell Duvall is their primary, and last, LB target ( they're still recruiting Kwon, but concede it's between FSU and us0.  Finally, they are done on the O-line (implying they may have given up on Avery Young), but are worried that new commit Brandon Hill may not qualify.  No comments on DGB or Goldman, which I thought was interesting.  Keep in mind, they only have 5 slots left.

I have not been able to confirm this with someone actually in the know but I am hearing the new SEC countback rule that does not allow teams to count January  enrollies back to the previous year as had done in previous years will not go into affect until 1/12/12. If that is true then bama can take 28 instead of 25 because they only signed 22 last season. 3 of thei January enrollies would then count back to 2011.

I have not been able to confirm this with someone actually in the know but I am hearing the new SEC countback rule that does not allow teams to count January  enrollies back to the previous year as had done in previous years will not go into affect until 1/12/12. If that is true then bama can take 28 instead of 25 because they only signed 22 last season. 3 of thei January enrollies would then count back to 2011.

But there is still a 25 limit on who can be added to the official roster in the fall.... right.?????  :dunno:

But there is still a 25 limit on who can be added to the official roster in the fall.... right.?????  :dunno:

Not sure how all this works out at the moment but there iss a good chance yet 3 more players will be "processed."

FWIW, CBS' Bryan Fischer breakdowns top uncommitted prospects

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/33454025

VERY, VERY, VERY strange predictions there.

I do like one prediction very well, a certain Oxford player.

Well considering UAT has basically stopped recruiting him he is almost an AU lock.

Well considering UAT has basically stopped recruiting him he is almost an AU lock.

Goldman is a lock to use??? Havent heard that one, hope your right though

Goldman is a lock to use??? Havent heard that one, hope your right though

I was talking about Kwon. That is the player from Oxford the previous post was talking about.

updated after Javiere's commit. Some changes

Really appreciate the updates. Many good OL still in picture, but DE options seem very limited. Is Williams quick enuf to play DE if needed? If change @ DC, is there enuf time to entertain a new DE prospect??

I cant believe we have 9 slots left to fill. As unbelieveable as our current commit list is, I think we end up with several more 'Big Splash' signees. May be the best year of the past 3, pretty exciting.

Sorry to state the obvious here, just pumped about the potential of the 9 remaining slots.

:we:

Did the weekend shake up our big board at all - for better or worse? Some of these big dogs look to walking late. Does anyone think anything else will happen for us before signing day?

Did the weekend shake up our big board at all - for better or worse? Some of these big dogs look to walking late. Does anyone think anything else will happen for us before signing day?

Well we lead for Bush and Kwon and they could commit at their all star games. I hope we still lead for Williams after his trip to Gainesville. We appear to have made up some ground on Bama and Florida for Goldman...Also the contact period for coaches and recruits started yesterday so you may see some commitments coming.

Well we lead for Bush and Kwon and they could commit at their all star games. I hope we still lead for Williams after his trip to Gainesville. We appear to have made up some ground on Bama and Florida for Goldman...Also the contact period for coaches and recruits started yesterday so you may see some commitments coming.

That would be a great help if we were able to focus on recruiting this week AND get some commitments after having to focus on the SEC & NC games last year at this time.

Working on an update with the updated player rankings by RIVALS.

*** We WILL be taking 2 Quarterback's this year. Two weeks ago, Barrett informed the coaches that he WILL NOT be returning next year. After seeing Moseley's lack of skill and confidence, the coaches informed Pike that we will sign a second QB this year. I will have a list of about 5 possibilities up late tonight or tomorrow. I will also provide updated player rankings, and an update after this weekend's visit, and how that will affect this class's numbers.

Archived