Scalia wants justices to actually read!

CCTAU

He bashes the latest decision dealing with gay sex. He makes a good point about how we are changing the constitution to fit people's liberal views rather than trying to interpret the intent!

Read Up!

Why are conservatives, in general, and Scalia, in particular, so concerned about defining what kind of sex other consenting adults can practice?

Why are conservatives, in general, and Scalia, in particular, so concerned about defining what kind of sex other consenting adults can practice?

Why are liberals so concerned with FORCING their views on others?

Personally I could care less what you or anyone else do in their sex lives (unless it harms children).

I would think that making and enforcing laws that attempted to control a behavior, in the Texas case, a sexual behavior, would be considered FORCING ONE'S VIEWS ON OTHERS, wouldn't it? The Supreme Court simply removed the unconstitutional law, didn't it?

So, prostitution should be legal? And, in the same vein, why was the administration at Alabama so concerned with what Mike Price was doing in his hotel room?

(BTW TigerAl, I may be on your side with this one, I do have a Liberterian streak.)

So, prostitution should be legal? And, in the same vein, why was the administration at Alabama so concerned with what Mike Price was doing in his hotel room?

(BTW TigerAl, I may be on your side with this one, I do have a Liberterian streak.)

I don't have a problem with prostitution being legal.

Mike Price was canned because his EMPLOYER didn't like his conduct. I can understand that. They have every right to censure their EMPLOYEES in any legal manner in which they choose. His going to a strip club didn't break any laws, though.

I don't understand why it matters what 2 consenting adults do in private. I personally don't care, nor do I really want to hear about it. Who someone marrys, has sex with, etc. (with the obvious exception of minors) is none of my business. I think this kind of stuff bogs down our courts and legislative bodies and takes focus off of real issues that affect everyone, such as health care, etc.

Archived